Leupold Reconfigures Due to C-19, Says They are the Best

Draw your own conclusions.

MM

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What would you expect them to say about themselves?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The same thing that you would say about yourself...........................

MM

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I certainly want Leupold to succeed.

I want them to go even further. Bring all manufacturing capability back to the US for the scopes, including the glass. Not just assembly.

I acknowledge their shortcomings and I’m not suggesting they just keep doing what they are doing. They have some things to fix if they want to survive and compete for the long term.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Their PR Dept is up and running.

I don't see any mention of where their glass and some components come from, etc.

Don't reckon they read 24HCF opinions...

I have several Leupolds and like them. You can always send one back and they'll fix it.

Hard to do when out in the boon docks...

So, there you have it.

BEST is actually a 4 letter word... blush

DF

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
The same thing that you would say about yourself...........................

MM

Bunch of lying mother f ers..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They may well be the best now, but I'll never know. Their attitude about serious, genuine issues with their scopes has caused me, like JB, to just give up on them as a brand. My time is too valuable to waste on dealing with problematic equipment. Like most, I endured the issue of vague adjustments because in the end, the scopes stayed put once I got them dialed in, and the other specs were very good. I have no confidence in that being the case now, and have moved on to other stuff, saving some money in the process, btw. The couple I still have will stick until they go South.

Based on the last two I acquired new, I think it's quite possible to get a "good" one that will give reliable service, but reports from knowledgeable, reliable people make it clear it's also possible to get a stinker that will give you grief. Don't want grief.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not a very large field to be smacking one's chest.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Probably not outright lyin', but likely a fair amount of simply not saying all that there is to say, nor full disclosure on component manufacture.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Appears to be a "puff piece" to me, like Hillary Clinton being grilled by George Snuffleupagus. "Edited for clarity" might mean they had final approval on the end product.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
As the old saying goes, "If you have to brag about yourself, it's because no-one else is."

Winchester rifles and Swarovski scopes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
I certainly want Leupold to succeed.

I want them to go even further. Bring all manufacturing capability back to the US for the scopes, including the glass. Not just assembly.

I acknowledge their shortcomings and I’m not suggesting they just keep doing what they are doing. They have some things to fix if they want to survive and compete for the long term.

The glass, that would be a tough one. The fact is the United States never was the top rated optics maker. That went from Austria to Japan years ago.

It is said that Leupolds lower line scopes have optics made in China and their higher end is made in Japan. I think that for Leupold to purchase the optic making machinery would be cost prohibitive, Then to get people with experience to make them, The U.S really is bereft of that experience.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
They will even do a live video chat on 24hcf to prove it!!!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yes, I agree that it is a lot of bragging about themselves when they probably should not be and not admitting that their products have some problems. My only hope for Leupold is that whether or not they admit it, they know they have tracking problems and are working to fix them. Because whether anyone likes it or not, no other scope manufacturer out there has, in the same package, very light weight, great eye relief, very good glass and classic looks (at least they used to have classic looks) at an affordable price. When I need a new scope, I look very hard to find all 4 of those traits in a non-Leupold hunting rifle scope and I ALWAYS have to settle for a scope that does not have at least 1 of those 4 things that I like so much about Leupold scopes. I sure hope Leupold fixes their tracking problems. RJ

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rj308
. . . Because whether anyone likes it or not, no other scope manufacturer out there has, in the same package, very light weight, great eye relief, very good glass and classic looks (at least they used to have classic looks) at an affordable price. . . .

Meopta. Tract Optics. Zeiss Conquest. Many others, too.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I doubt if they are the best, but work fine for me.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Can we get another Campfire Special (Sorry, Doug) Leupold Facebook Live meeting (or whatever it was) ? I dont remember the last one very much. Bwahaha

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Higbean
They will even do a live video chat on 24hcf to prove it!!!

Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Can we get another Campfire Special (Sorry, Doug) Leupold Facebook Live meeting (or whatever it was) ? I dont remember the last one very much. Bwahaha

Agreed. Anyone save a copy of that video, I never had a chance to see it.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I’m sure Leupold pays attention to the wizards on the Campfire as they struggle to survive in a downward trending industry as they continue to have record sales in 2018.

BEAVERTON, Ore. — Leupold & Stevens, Inc., has set a new company record, having manufactured more riflescopes in its Beaverton, Oregon factory in 2018 than any previous calendar year to date.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Kind of tired of the same old piss and moan, Buy something else and just give it up! Herd mentality!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,490
Posts18,452,094
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.