Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My beef is with prescription and other bottles. I'm all for keeping kids safe, but arthritis in the hands sure makes opening them difficult.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Surgical scissors work great for this crap. I have a few sets around the house.

Also "Vintage" Stanley tape

EMS scissors? (For cutting clothing, seat belts etc?

I have several recent and old gashes from that stuff. Even when it is an unneeded clamshell The staples get you...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by djs
My beef is with prescription and other bottles. I'm all for keeping kids safe, but arthritis in the hands sure makes opening them difficult.
Ask for non-child proof lids. Pharmacies have then on request.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by mrchongo
All steel. No metric scale.
You can thank me later. 😁
Steel's good. However, with so many things being metric anymore, a metric scale is very useful. It is nice being able to read inches on both sides of the tape, though.

Well, I was thinking, ‘Murica!

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by High_Noon
ok fellers, I know this may sound ridiculous to many, but I’ve had enough of this Fort Knox Packaging [bleep].

So, I had to go to Lowes today to pick up some items. One of those items was a clunky, mostly plastic, Lufkin L1016C tape measure to replace my 35+ year old, nice, slim, all steel, made in USA, Stanley 16-footer that was recently stolen. The packaging Lufkin designed for this tape measure is, by far, the most difficult to deal with of any of the packaging I have ever encountered in my life. I tried industrial shears, a shop knife, and diagonal cutters to extricate the tape measure from the packaging. I finally had to result to brute force to remove the tape from the packaging, which of course, destroyed the tape measure clip. Not only that, but once removed from the packaging, the clip had adhesive residue all over it from the back label of the packaging. Now go ahead and tell me how much you love spending your hard-earned cash to purchase a product only to find out that 1) Godzilla would scarcely have better luck separating the product from the packaging, 2) there’s label adhesive is all over it once you finally remove the item from the packaging, which must be removed, and 3) you then put your reading glasses on and take a closer look at the packaging only to see the small print in the bottom left corner: “Made in China.”

So, what happens when some old-timer deeply gashes himself with a knife or other tool and bleeds out as a direct result of the incredible forces required to remove his new Chinese tape measure from it’s ridiculous packaging? I'm willing to wager that the savings and increased profits Lufkin realized from moving production to China will be substantially impacted.

I cannot express the profound disappointment and frustration I experienced trying to remove something as simple as a Lufkin the tape measure from its infernal packaging. There is absolutely no reason in the world to design packaging that is so difficult to open. For F*cks Sake, it’s a $10.00 f*cking tape measure! Hell, I'd pay twice that for a proper American made all steel tape without any packaging at all.

Why can’t a guy just go the hardware store and purchase a proper steel, Made in America tape measure and immediately start using it? They don’t even sell tapes like that anymore – today, they’re all Tactical Chinese tape measures with 3 or more different types plastic that have “cool” designs molded in, finger grooves, auto-locking, double end hooks and all different colors. They’re all about 3” wide and weigh about as much as a cinder block and they’re all packaged to a ridiculous level. & that f*cking tactical plastic case won’t last 35 years, I’ll tell you that. This tape will be going back to Lowes and I’ll look on flea-bay for a proper vintage tape.

End rant.

At least it wasn't a box of Nosler bullets, read on this site they are the worst.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Laffin, anyone try a box of Nosler bullets?...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sympathize with your frustrations. Just want to complete some trivial task, and it's a 20-minute operation to open a package.

1Minute
bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All those packages open in seconds using a utility knife with a hooked blade.

Bruce

Attached Images
hooked-blade.jpg (3.79 KB, 129 downloads)
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Take the damaged F O O K E R back.

Hit a few garage sales or flea markets .....you might even find a good gas can.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Surgical scissors work great for this crap. I have a few sets around the house.

Also "Vintage" Stanley tape

EMS scissors? (For cutting clothing, seat belts etc?

I have several recent and old gashes from that stuff. Even when it is an unneeded clamshell The staples get you...

Yeah, I guess that is what I should have said, not surgical.

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
There is a special place in hell for the person who invented the blister pack.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I am about to pull the trigger on some old school Stanley FatMax screwdrivers, 27 total, for $100 shipped. I guess one has to pay for the boutique of USA made nowadays, not just the quality.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cisco1
Take the damaged F O O K E R back.

Hit a few garage sales or flea markets .....you might even find a good gas can.

Oh man! Don't even bring up those POS EPA mandated gas cans. I have a strong hatred for those. The EPA has ruined a whole helluva lot of things and has made things much more difficult (in general) and much more expensive. The bastids already ruined diesels and they're well on their way to ruining gas-engined vehicles as well.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thank me later.

Click here.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I just have my wife open it for me.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Perhaps we should package CV-19 vaccines destined for China in like style packaging? Integration of a time triggered self destruct just for giggles?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave

I just give it to a neighborhood 6 year old...

if it says to keep it out of the reach of kids, that is the motivation for any kid around that age to be able to get into anything..

they package crap up like this to supposedly be a theft deterrent...

I've been known to purchase something at some of the stores that have stuff packaged like that, get rung up at the register, then take the item with my receipt over to the Customer service desk, hand it to them and tell them to have someone from that department to come up and open the darn thing and get it out of the packaging...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by deflave

🤔🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏼😆

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Well GFY if this didn't play out right before my eyes.

Arrived yesterday in an Amazon box, a new wooden bat and squishy ball for the kid. The ball is attached to the hand end of the bat with some kind of miracle plastic! She grabs the scissors and goes at it. NoGo, after a bit she's pissed and hands it to me. Finally, brute strength and ignorance prevailed and I was successful! No blood this time.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
Yup. Kid bought something and it was packaged beyond ridiculous.

Scissors aint got enough oomph.

Pocket knife....could get expensive

Think straight cut tin snips the cure

I got a pair of scissors (shears?) from my local chink emporium (HB) for about 6 bucks. They are red with rubber inserts on the handle with blades about 3 1/2". They cut that plastic with ease also leather, light wire, etc. They lock closed and spring open, Been using mine for about 2 years and they remain sharp.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
492 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 46 invisible), 2,194 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,171
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.