Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
A few years ago I was looking for bikes that were closish to a modern Honda 90 equivalent and came across this:

Mountain Moto

Not saying it is a replacement for the Honda 90, just something I came across in my search. I though it was a neat concept. I haven't seen info on them anywhere but the website so I have no idea if they're actually selling bikes.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The seller just delivered my Suzuki DR200S, it's as sweet as he listed it on CL to be, just put 20 miles on it...

[Linked Image from cdp.azureedge.net]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by JeffA
The seller just delivered my Suzuki DR200S, it's as sweet as he listed it on CL to be, just put 20 miles on it...

Far out! Congrats.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JeffA

Congrats.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That looks great Jeffa, congrats. Put a 21 inch rim and tire on the front and you won’t regret it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
He's good to go. Front tire is 21", rear is 18" from the factory.

Nice bike and congrats. I tried to look at one of those locally but they are nowhere to be found.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I have been raving about the old Honda XR 200. Well it looks like Suzuki built its twin, but in a road legal version.

Looks to be a pretty sweet ride for a geezer, a kid, or anyone else not really expecting to turn the double and triple jumps into singles.

When I was riding my 250 XR (punched to 305, with all the cool race gear on it. The previous owner was a dealer sponsored cross country racer), I often gazed longingly at the Suzuki DR 370. It was the only bike out there I would have traded my Honda for.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The small bikes are now calling to me after riding a xr650l on some serious track in Washington and
San Diego,,,,,,
Nice purchase.
I have a friend that ripped a dr650... good bike.

Again, 👍🏻

Last edited by fester; 05/21/20.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
That looks great Jeffa, congrats. Put a 21 inch rim and tire on the front and you won’t regret it.

It's got a 21 on it but looks like a bicycle tire.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, that 1982 Honda CT110 I was looking at sold today for list price. Seller says a guy wanted it for his 8 year old grandson and didn't even dicker, just handed him full price in cash.

Fwiw, the seller started out in aviation mechanics and got some pretty high certs. He got into fixing up older small engine Hondas as a hobby but got so good the local Honda dealership gives out his number as the guy to call to have them worked on so he knows his stuff.

Anyway, that takes that decision out of my hands.

Originally Posted by TheBigSky
This looks interesting and I'd like to give it a try. I still think the TW200, is THE bike to have in this class. It is just tough to beat for easy to ride, go anywhere, from mountains to prairies and from ranch work to campgrounds. It's not a motocross bike and won't win any races; but, it will go about anywhere and is about as reliable as one can get.

I agree. Went back this afternoon and road the Yamaha TW200 again - it is slow but has a low seat and low CG and is very easy to ride. It's happiest on the street at about 45 mph tops even if it will do more, but it's geared so low that it would be even happier in 2nd or 3rd gear chugging along a trail at 10-15 mph.

Going down to the dealership tomorrow morning and see if we can't work a deal on it.

Originally Posted by ol_mike
...Jim if you don't get the TW - i'll never speak to you again . smile

I'd not buy an old bike that i planned on riding way out into the wildernes - i'm a scaredy-cat i guess .

ol_mike, it looks like you'll be able to speak to me again. wink Provided they don't try to rape me too much on the price...

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RDW
I rarely see the Suzuki RV90 mentioned here.

My first bike was a Yamaha JT60 when I was 6 and sometime after my Dad brought home an RV90. I was so short he took the seat off so I could ride it but that bit my ass hard so I asked him to put the seat back on it and learned at first to do the midget dismount and later to tripod.

It was fun and climbed like a mule.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Glad you had fun on it - but those old rotary valve suzuki's wouldn't pull a greasy string out of a cats pissy . LAME in the HP dept. .
Had a suzuki TM 75 - what a POS I could outrun that turd on a bicycle .

Did scar my left calf for life with it though , clutch ball broke off the end of the lever - put it completely through my left calf and barely out the other side . Just noticed it this morning while drinking coffee and remembered that.

If it doesn't have Reed Valve - steer clear and the rotary valve doesn't help fuel economy at all = lame - yeah .

Last edited by ol_mike; 05/21/20.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Well, that 1982 Honda CT110 I was looking at sold today for list price. Seller says a guy wanted it for his 8 year old grandson and didn't even dicker, just handed him full price in cash.

Fwiw, the seller started out in aviation mechanics and got some pretty high certs. He got into fixing up older small engine Hondas as a hobby but got so good the local Honda dealership gives out his number as the guy to call to have them worked on so he knows his stuff.

Anyway, that takes that decision out of my hands.

Originally Posted by TheBigSky
This looks interesting and I'd like to give it a try. I still think the TW200, is THE bike to have in this class. It is just tough to beat for easy to ride, go anywhere, from mountains to prairies and from ranch work to campgrounds. It's not a motocross bike and won't win any races; but, it will go about anywhere and is about as reliable as one can get.

I agree. Went back this afternoon and road the Yamaha TW200 again - it is slow but has a low seat and low CG and is very easy to ride. It's happiest on the street at about 45 mph tops even if it will do more, but it's geared so low that it would be even happier in 2nd or 3rd gear chugging along a trail at 10-15 mph.

Going down to the dealership tomorrow morning and see if we can't work a deal on it.

...Jim if you don't get the TW - i'll never speak to you again . smile

I'd not buy an old bike that i planned on riding way out into the wildernes - i'm a scaredy-cat i guess .

ol_mike, it looks like you'll be able to speak to me again. wink Provided they don't try to rape me too much on the price...

Aww Jim I was just joshing you i'd still have spoke to you just not nearly as nice . smile

The TW will work great - even greater with a cycle hauler plugged into the receiver hitch . It'll chug up hills without needing a head of steam run at the hill thanks to the fat tire on back - get 80 mpg and be dead reliable .
Just be fair with the folks at the dealership , bike dealerships and car dealerships are very different in the profits they make . Motorcycle shops don't make millions of dollars - generally speaking a motorcycle is a fun/hobby/toy whereas an automobile/truck is a necessity in life today .
Hope you read this tomorrow while sitting on your T-Dub in your garage or living room - kitchen - wife giving you the roll eyes look . smile

Last edited by ol_mike; 05/21/20.

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by fester
The small bikes are now calling to me after riding a xr650l on some serious track in Washington and
San Diego,,,,,,
Nice purchase.

Again, 👍🏻

When dual-sport 650's are mentioned do they mean 650cc or 650 lbs . smile

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just got back from the dealer. Not sitting on the bike yet but it will be delivered this afternoon. Gotta go get a hitch receiver installed before I can carry it anywhere so that'll be next week but will take the long weekend and ride some dirt close to town. Bought a cycleracks rear rack for it, they get great reviews, are super strong and are made just up the road from here. Will be installing that tomorrow morning.

Can't wait to get it up in the hills. wink

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had my heart set on a TW200 but I found a nice Xt250 first and it seemed like the more practical bike for me. I have no complaints.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by fester
San Diego,,,,,,
Nice purchase.

Again, 👍🏻

When dual-sport 650's are mentioned do they mean 650cc or 650 lbs . smile

LOL yes, and Thumper mean heavy SOB when it is upon your leg!

I'm trying to figure out what Jim's conclusion was.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Got the Yamaha TW200, the guy is on his way over to deliver it as I type this.

For the time being going to put a cargo rack on the back and then will consider other mods/additions as needed. Don't plan on going too wild and don't want to change the basic engineering so maybe handguards and wider pegs is about it.

[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ohh, TW... Cool beans man! Knee guards?

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Here's a little inspiration to get you pumped before burning your first gallon of petrol.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

For the time being going to put a cargo rack on the back and then will consider other mods/additions as needed. Don't plan on going too wild and don't want to change the basic engineering so maybe handguards and wider pegs is about it.
[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

I'm torn between one similar as to what you are looking at and this one for the Suzuki TR200S

[Linked Image from storage.googleapis.com]

12-gauge steel construction.
Multiple tie-down locations.
Easy installation with no modifications required.
Hold up to 40 lb..

It's listed at $99.00 w/free shipping.

How flimsy might that 12 ga, steel be?
I am thinking just using it as a base mount for a box of some sort..

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,852 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,952
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.