Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/the-cannonball-run-record-has-been-obliterated

All the pearl-clutching about the morality of performing a Cannonball Run during a global pandemic seems to have been for nothing, with Ed Bolian reporting America’s most illegal record has been beaten seven times in the span of just five weeks.

According to Bolian, who has been in contact with the new record holders, the time to beat is now less than 26 hours. A sub 28-hour Cannonball Run was once unthinkable.

While he has not disclosed the exact time, that frame of reference means the drivers would have had to achieve an average speed of at least 173km/h (107.4 mph) for the 4507km journey.

Accommodating for fuel stops, the team’s peak and cruising speeds are probably far in excess of that figure.

Bolian states that the new record holders averaged 193km/h(120 mpg) when crossing “several” States. It is unknown what car the new record holders used.

What is known is that they were well prepared, with over 30 spotters littered across the country, along with a heavily modified vehicle.

According to Bolian, its not just the outright record that has been broken, with the solo-driver, diesel-powered, and coast-to-coast-to-coast Cannonball records all tumbling – the last of which having almost 20 hours shaved off the previous record time.

This new flurry of record attempts follows a team of drivers who took advantage of empty roads that had been created by the coronavirus lockdown to set a cross-country time of 26 hours and 38 minutes.

This unknown team used an Audi A8 for the record, with large marine fuel tanks strapped into the boot.

The Cannonball Run is a simple, and highly illegal, record that despite having no governing body, is infamous within car culture.

Bolian is a former competitor, record holder, and now somewhat of a defacto adjudicator on the record.

To set a Cannonball Run record, you must traditionally start at the Red Ball Garage in Manhattan, then traverse the entire United States of America as fast as possible to finish at the Portofini Inn in Redondo Beach, California,
Modern technology, and ultra-prepared teams, have resulted in the record falling to unthinkable levels in recent years, with teams maintaining crazy speeds on public roads to secure their place in motoring infamy.

The new record holders are reported to be preparing a documentary to accompany their official record announcement.

Last edited by Lennie; 05/22/20.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
That is getting it done cross country.....

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That’s getting right with it.

Wonder what would happen if they hit a deer?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If this is true that's pretty bad ass.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fame, fortune and no concern for the welfare of people along the way.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty wild. It figures they could make better time with the lack of traffic on the roads. Wasn't the late Brock Yates, of "Car & Driver" magazine, one of the early guys involved in that ? Now that I'm older and a little wiser, it looks reckless and dangerous. But back in the 1970's I naturally thought it was pretty cool.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
it's still pretty cool.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The bicycle crowd is pi$$ed grin

https://www.bicycling.com/culture/a30156034/cannonball-run-car-culture/

Cars are the apex predator in a transportation system where menace and aggression are literally built into the grills.

grin

Surprisingly low body count with this race apparently or else Mr Spandex-shorts-in-a-twist surely woulda mentioned one.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Meh, let me know when Death Race is on.

[Linked Image from ]

[Linked Image from 66.media.tumblr.com]

[Linked Image from supercultshow.files.wordpress.com]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why is he not disclosing the time?

I smell bs

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I grew up around my grandfather's bike shop. I love bikes, but have to admit, today's bikers are some of the most selfish, self-important, road-hog azzholes I've ever seen.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I grew up around my grandfather's bike shop. I love bikes, but have to admit, today's bikers are some of the most selfish, self-important, road-hog azzholes I've ever seen.

So true

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Morewood

I smell bs

it's in the story 26 hours and 20- 30 something minutes.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Yeah, thats not all that new.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Considering the extreme lack of traffic, it was the perfect plan and very tough act to follow!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Morewood

I smell bs

it's in the story 26 hours and 20- 30 something minutes.

Nope, It’s under 26 hours now. A few weeks ago it was dropped to 26:38, but that’s been eclipsed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did it myself from here to our place on the ocean. I used a radar / scrambler and set the cruise on 115. Roads were empty, not one cop on the way down. 515 miles in 6:45 minutes. I’ve got the video proof. 1 stop for gas and one stop to piss. If my wife wasn’t with me the cruise would be on 130.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That's hauling. I take big slices of road trip every year, 1100 mile days are long and hard, but that tops the cake.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here in Tn, they’ll give you a love tap on the Natchez trx laugh

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...id-cyclist-threw-bike-his-car/464581001/

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The bicycle crowd is pi$$ed grin

https://www.bicycling.com/culture/a30156034/cannonball-run-car-culture/

Cars are the apex predator in a transportation system where menace and aggression are literally built into the grills.

:gin:

Surprisingly low body count with this race apparently or else Mr Spandex-shorts-in-a-twist surely woulda mentioned one.

Imagine having beers with the guy that wrote that article. LOL

What a clam.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (7887mm08, Akhutr, Algotguns, Bama_Sleeper, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, 11 invisible), 1,560 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,234
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.