Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Got some range time in yesterday and shot six factory HP loads and one handload that is my Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P clone load.
The goal was to see which was best for POA/POI with the sights on my S&W M&P9 2.0.
Speer Gold dots, both factory and the reloads seem to work the best. My Speer clone clocks 1,213 fps.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
BP-B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I carry the HST 124 +P in my 9's as well as the Gold Dot loads.....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shooting for POA/POI from only 5 yards isn't much of a test.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This is the exact reason I don’t like fixed sights. If you had adjustable sites you could pick the load you want and zero it as necessary. For what it’s worth, Speer GD 124+p is my 9mm carry load. Was the most accurate, with highest velocity, and good expansion/penetration results.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Next time, try and keep your eyes open.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's always a good idea to know precisely where your duty or carry load shoots at the furthest range you are likely to need it. I do a version of this at 25 and 50 yards, but I also check it at 3-5 yards.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
With that superbly superb shooting with the finely fine accuracy displayed by that 9MM Miraculose Farce cannon and that selection of atomic ammo that is full of atomicness i am impressed in an impressive way.
My the Farce be with you in your journey of journeys to that land of impressive greatness your are destined to achieve.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
With that superbly superb shooting with the finely fine accuracy displayed by that 9MM Miraculose Farce cannon and that selection of atomic ammo that is full of atomicness i am impressed in an impressive way.
My the Farce be with you in your journey of journeys to that land of impressive greatness your are destined to achieve.

This one got me.

LOL.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
This is the exact reason I don’t like fixed sights. If you had adjustable sites you could pick the load you want and zero it as necessary. For what it’s worth, Speer GD 124+p is my 9mm carry load. Was the most accurate, with highest velocity, and good expansion/penetration results.

Yeah. Adjustable sights are a must on a duty gun.

Everybody knows that.

NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

Good advice, just to clarify, both of them?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MOGC

Why is that? I like to test one thing at a time. On this outing I was testing my ammo. Are you saying the results would have been different had I shot at 10 or 15 yards? It seems to me the groups would have been larger but I can't see why the end result would have changed.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Why is that? I like to test one thing at a time. On this outing I was testing my ammo. Are you saying the results would have been different had I shot at 10 or 15 yards? It seems to me the groups would have been larger but I can't see why the end result would have changed.

Yes, the end result would be different. It will be off by much more at 20 yards, per se. How long have you been shooting pistols? I've been wondering what this Henderson Nevada is all about... Damn, like I've said before I grew up in Nevada. You have no excuse to not be practicing out there. At 5 yards, you should be shooting 1 hole groups with a box of ammo. Testing poi/poa at that distance is almost a waste of ammo... Step it back a bit and please go out and get some practice. I'm sure they still have jackrabbits out there. Those are great targets of opportunity for the pistol shooter and rifle shooter alike..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm

Yeah. Adjustable sights are a must on a duty gun.

Everybody knows that.

Mine are adjustable with a hammer and punch. And yes, GD gets off a good one occasionally.

NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Exactly, and avoiding having to use the hammer and punch was the reason behind the effort.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Both eyes open unless you're right handed left eye dominant or reverse is true. If you hold gun in right hand being left eye dominant and hold both eyes open you will miss entire target at short distance.
I'm right-handed right eye dominant, therefore, when I hold gun in left hand I close my right eye and aim the gun with left eye. That is one handed shooting, a more advanced combat tactic in case your other arm is out of action.

NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah....thanks.......we definitely need the sarcasm font.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Slavek

Both eyes open unless you're right handed left eye dominant or reverse is true. If you hold gun in right hand being left eye dominant and hold both eyes open you will miss entire target at short distance.
I'm right-handed right eye dominant, therefore, when I hold gun in left hand I close my right eye and aim the gun with left eye. That is one handed shooting, a more advanced combat tactic in case your other arm is out of action.

Please don't listen to this eastern bloc retard.

JFC.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

NV',

Slow fire testing groups (at five yards) should be no larger than a quarter. If they are, we are a long ways from determining which HP your pistol prefers.

I'm not saying this to be an a-hole. But it would appear bulk FMJ is more necessary than group testing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Exactly, and avoiding having to use the hammer and punch was the reason behind the effort.

I definitely get that. I generally zero for the carry load--if it ain't right to start with--and then buy or build a bulk load that hits real close to that. I am kinda spoiled. I have a 200 yard range on the place so when I zero, I take a 6" padded drill press vise and enough blacksmith tools to move the Rock of Gibraltar. Again, I am after a fine zero at 50 yards. I carry the same gun for about everything and it might be asked to thump a groundhog or coyote between trips to town.

Good deal trying a bunch of loads. I'd go with the 147 if I was you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It has been explained by others, do you understand it now?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
704 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 11point, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 87 invisible), 2,717 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,691
Posts18,399,843
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.