Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by krp
The physical world is man's dominion, the spirit is God's. Crediting or blaming God for worldly situations and desires is wrong.

Praying isn't a physical event, speaking words, making gestures... it's a spiritual connection through the Holy Spirit. We were born with the body and SPIRIT. When we pray for others we are sharing our spirit... our part of God... with another, there is power in that and the more that share their spirit the more power.

When praying for another we pray for strength, healing, understanding, spiritual wellness. We all suffer at times, eventually die, best we can hope for is a strong spirit at the end.

Praying for stuff is silly, even if you get it God didn't give it to you and if you didn't, God didn't withhold it.

God didn't kill any of our family, or victims of war, criminals, diseases, accidents... persecute, oppress, violate... that's us, that's the world we live in.

God just waits for us, our spirit. The Holy Spirit is our conduit to both God and each other, that communication is prayer.

Kent

In other words, all those prayer requests that get posted - they are complete waste of time?

Just aski'

GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by krp
The physical world is man's dominion, the spirit is God's. Crediting or blaming God for worldly situations and desires is wrong.

Praying isn't a physical event, speaking words, making gestures... it's a spiritual connection through the Holy Spirit. We were born with the body and SPIRIT. When we pray for others we are sharing our spirit... our part of God... with another, there is power in that and the more that share their spirit the more power.

When praying for another we pray for strength, healing, understanding, spiritual wellness. We all suffer at times, eventually die, best we can hope for is a strong spirit at the end.

Praying for stuff is silly, even if you get it God didn't give it to you and if you didn't, God didn't withhold it.

God didn't kill any of our family, or victims of war, criminals, diseases, accidents... persecute, oppress, violate... that's us, that's the world we live in.

God just waits for us, our spirit. The Holy Spirit is our conduit to both God and each other, that communication is prayer.

Kent

In other words, all those prayer requests that get posted - they are complete waste of time?

Just aski'

Guess you missed this...

When we pray for others we are sharing our spirit... our part of God... with another, there is power in that and the more that share their spirit the more power.

Kent

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"Thy Will be done".

God Jesus is infinite in His wisdom. Often hard for us to understand.

Much is missed in that quote. It isn’t recognition of everything that happens is necessarily “God’s will” but a statement of support of God’s will.

God allows many things to happen that are beyond our scope of understanding, but God’s will and what He allows to happen are not always the same.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It may be, God likes it when we take His Hand in friendship, and likes to talk to us, and likes know what we say to him out loud?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The benefit someone gets from others praying for them is an encouragement of spirit, which strengthens them 'spiritually'. If it's an illness and they survive their spirit is stronger, if they don't survive their spirit is stronger. If it's a depression or addiction, abuse, a strengthening of spirit may move them to a better place.

Praying for a new church bus or your team to win is a waste.

Kent

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Honor God by giving thanks for everything, but pray for anything with the right intentions.
Yep.

“If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.” - Jesus

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've noticed one really strong characteristic of answered-prayer versus unanswered-prayer in my life:

If my prayers were unselfish, and asking God to give me discernment and guidance in decisions/directions He would like me to take, in His will, the prayers were many-times-answered.

If my prayers were selfish, unnecessary, foolish, or asking Got to let my own will be granted, there usually isn't an answer to prayer.

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I can prove prayer doesn't work.

Watch me play scratch offs for an hour.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
I can prove prayer doesn't work.

Watch me play scratch offs for an hour.

Exactly.

But you are so deserving. smirk

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I pray for outcome, rather selfishly, in that id like to enter his kingdom at a later point in time

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It all comes down to two things.

!.You believe that God does,or causes,or plans,everything and that it happens according to his will. In this category I find the "if it be your will" prayers. IMHO I see no reason at all to pray this way at all. Do you think God would change his plans for your prayer,and if so why would you basically just tell him to do whatever he see's fit to do?

2.You believe that God can and does intervene into our circumstances if we convince him to. Personally,I've had some miraculous stories that could easily be contributed to answered prayers. I've also had times in my life where it seemed I was wasting my time praying.

I never start a prayer with "If it be your will". I have however I'm afraid started a few with "What the hell."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As far as spiritual/physical goes, remember that Jesus performed many miracles while in this world in response to prayers. And that the physical and spiritual are intimately bound and will be again at the final judgment.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I pray for God’s direction and guidance.

He’s carried me a time or 2 as well. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've never seen the ol' red and blues after nine IPA's and thought "Dear God! Let your will be done!"

Not directed at you necessarily, and no offense intended, but God doesn't hear the prayer's of an unbeliever anyway. He knows your heart when nobody else does.

Please prove this.

John 9
31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Proverbs 15:9 NIV
The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

He also says you shouldn't judge other people's salvation.

Yes, and that's why I posted this that you repied to......

".......but God doesn't hear the prayer's of an unbeliever anyway. He knows your heart when nobody else does."

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I always tell people to accept Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Then say "break" and then ask for whatever they're after.

That way the prayer is always legit.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Sauer200
I've never seen the ol' red and blues after nine IPA's and thought "Dear God! Let your will be done!"

Not directed at you necessarily, and no offense intended, but God doesn't hear the prayer's of an unbeliever anyway. He knows your heart when nobody else does.

Please prove this.

John 9
31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Proverbs 15:9 NIV
The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous

Careful.

You might talk a whole lot of people out of your religion. LOL.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I *AM* foremost of all.” - Apostle Paul

Being a sinner does not disqualify one from following Jesus, it's a prerequisite.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Its NOT religion, its a relationship !

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Just pray, ask Him how to pray, All the Rest will follow.

[Linked Image from img0.etsystatic.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 22250rem, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,236
Posts18,466,723
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.