Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Morewood
You know how sound carries across water? Adult son and I are in a boat fishing when a man in another boat a 150 yards away started yelling at his young son for accidentally dropping and losing his fishing pole over the side. The man wouldn't let up on the kid, yelling "WAY TO RUIN THE WHOLE DAY!" over and over. Poor kid felt bad enough, didn't need that beat down. I finally spoke up in a loud voice shut up you fuggin ahole.

Now it has become an inside family joke. Somebody burns the bacon, "Way to ruin the whole day". Somebody spills a drink, "Way to ruin the whole day."

That's funny.

For us. Not the kid.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave
Damn, GW.

You cold as ice.

Nah, just smart enough not to interject myself into a no-win situation when I can avoid it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Some people are just miserable sonsabitches and blame it on everybody else.

Maybe he was just having a miserable day.

Either way, sucks for the kid.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
all too often, that becomes normal behaviour for a kid, after growing up with it...

and they turn out to be the exact same way when they grow into adulthood..

kinda sounds like you met Big Schtick or one of his relatives...

he's originally from Coos Bay...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I would have offered to take the wife and kid back to the ramp- - - - -let Mr. Badmouth find his own way back!
Jerry

My thoughts too.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Yeah, we saw a bit of asswholery at the little remote dock we were at today. I was out with my son, a buddy, and three grandkids on a small, shallow mountain reservoir.

It started hailing, sleeting, raining, and blowing all at once, so we made a run for the dock. There is just one ramp 20 feet wide with a single dock. And some arrogant prick has parked his truck and twenty something foot pontoon barge right alongside the dock, on the trailer and is fiddle fugging with rigging the entire boat. He is there for about thirty minutes. Plus there is a little 14 foot skiff tied right across the end of the dock.

Now we are actually pretty comfortable in the jet boat. The soft top is up and we have the cabin heater running on high.

But what is pissing me off is a young man in a little bitty rowboat with a three horse Evinrude from about 1959 is waiting to get to the dock. He has a 7 year old girl and 9 year old boy in the boat with him braving the storm. I know because I visited with them earlier as they stood on the dock holding the boat while Daddy parked the pickup and trailer after launching.

I pulled out of the cue and circled around behind the young family. But the pricks on the barge were not making room for anyone. I thought about pulling up beside the little boat and asking if I could take the kids onboard, but conditions were just a bit shy of needing to bother them in that manner. I hate to embarrass a proud father just trying to get in some family time.

As it turned out, I was able to nose the jet boat up against a sandy beach and my son jumped ashore and backed his pickup down beside the barge. I put my boat on the trailer while that Daddy was still trying to get a spot to park his boat so he could go get his pickup and trailer.

We had our boat off the ramp, out of the way, tied down, secured , and headed down the road and the barge was still hogging the loadout area.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
That sounds like my life growing up. Mom had ulcers from Stepfather bitching relentlessly. She was dead at 37 when I was 16. When we got home from funeral, he told my brother and me, “ Well, you two finally killed your mother”. It took me years to realize it wasn’t us.

Dang, hanco!

Good on you for overcoming that!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco
That sounds like my life growing up. Mom had ulcers from Stepfather bitching relentlessly. She was dead at 37 when I was 16. When we got home from funeral, he told my brother and me, “ Well, you two finally killed your mother”. It took me years to realize it wasn’t us.

That sucks Hanco.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
all too often, that becomes normal behaviour for a kid, after growing up with it...

and they turn out to be the exact same way when they grow into adulthood..

kinda sounds like you met Big Schtick or one of his relatives...

he's originally from Coos Bay...

All too often. I was lucky. Grandfather born in 1885 was chased out of the house at knifepoint along with mother and other kids in middle of winter. She had to put them in an orphanage.
She got them out. He got a 3rd grade education and started working in a restaurant.
But NO ONE yelled at kids for no reason when he was around. Not his kids or grand kids or anybody else’s. Spanked.....sure. But it was punishment......not humiliation.
Named my daughter after him. Nicest man I ever knew.

Another buddy beat his father senseless at 16 and then threw water on him and said “you ever hit Mom again I’ll come back”.
Left the house and went to work for Dan Gurney.
A Badazz if need be........but a great guy around kids.

My $.02

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Glad I read the whole thing first. I was sure it would be about the a-holes in my region that need an audience to see them on their new PWC, or to watch them now that they've learned to slalom ski. My buddy learned me how to deal with that when we first started fishing together. You keep a heavy bait casting rod spooled up with 20-30 pound line, and about a 2 ounce diamond jig or a slab to where either one of you can get to it. It's surprisingly easy to hit a sea doo, or snag a tow rope with a rod rigged thusly. A game warden will cite them for getting too close under the harrassment laws.
Yeah it is sad to know of some half cocked yoyo that can't make a day without venting on their family. Unfortunately, I just found out that one of my long dead relatives was just such a person. Never even knew or heard of it

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Probably the same at home.

He’s gonna wake up dead some day, if she gets the notion.

What lake, and how was the fishing?

P

You get out for halibut?

Maybe next weekend, but it’s momma’s birthday, so...

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On predator hunts we would be down by the Colorado River in the summer months during the day Blyth maybe Needles when it got way to hot to call. For entertainment we would park by the boat launch to watch husbands wives, boyfriends girlfriends at each others throats trying to get their boats into the water comical, good fun..

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
On predator hunts we would be down by the Colorado River in the summer months during the day Blyth maybe Needles when it got way to hot to call. For entertainment we would park by the boat launch to watch husbands wives, boyfriends girlfriends at each others throats trying to get their boats into the water comical, good fun..

First big weekend at Lake Petrie in CA is great too.
Attempted Cuban launches..........
Throw me the keys......no float.
Can’t back worth a dam
Sit with a buddy and a cold case and make side bets.........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Odd how some women seek out men like that, they wouldn't be happy without them.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by akasparky

Never have figured that out. Known a lot of 'em like that.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
When I came back in there was some dipshitt taking up one entire side of the ramp unboxing a Wal-Mart Minn Kota and installing it on his boat. Couldn't have done it at home or at least in the parking lot.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ranger99

Looked for a strong man, got an azzhole, afraid to leave...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Ranger99

Looked for a strong man, got an azzhole, afraid to leave...

The ones I've encountered in life just seem to dump one to go find another just like the last.

It's either they are into the abuse or they strive for the attention they get when they cry to others about how abusive their husband is...It may be a combination of both but what ever it is they just can't live without it...

Ask a cop, these type's burn up a good part of a LEO's shift running to the same house time and time again night after night because they are arguing and fighting.

They can leave, the old "I'm trapped" fallacy is BS.
They will try and convince you of that when they are seeking pity and attention.
There are mountains of resources designed and at ones disposal just for that possibility.

It's a lifestyle that is desired, searched out and willfully chosen.

Men do the same that enjoy a abusive spouse, my father was one that did that...
He married a high strung abusive bitch, funny part of it, she was a clone of his mother....

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
That guy's wife should do what Willie Nelson's wife reportedly did, waited till he came home drunk one night and sewed him up in the sheets, took a Louisville slugger and gave him a thorough working over.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It sounds like the OP has some issues.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 66 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,538
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.