Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
A COMPANY AND USER HAS AN OBLIGATION AT THIS POINT TO BUY AND SELL ONLY USA made or get the hell out of the country.

To even sell a Chinese product at this point should send you straight to Hell.

Deal with America or allies or pack your chit and family and get the heck out !!

Oh, so now "allies" are on your approved list too. Very generous. Since we're speaking "personally", I don't place Germany or France very high on the list of friendlies myself. They sell subs and nuclear tech to Iran and pretty much look on us with contempt in general. The truth is, almost everyone we consider an ally is really only looking out for their own interests and will poop in our punchbowl any time it benefits them. We actually have very little in common with the rest of the world these days. Our so-called friends are pretty much just sheltering behind our nukes.

The Chinese government is absolutely evil and our greatest threat and enemy. Regrettably, because of past policies, it's going to take some time to wean our economy off the cheap goods teat, and also some determination. Once (if) the triuth about the pandemic is revealed, maybe something will change, but I ain't banking on it. Meanwhile, ranting in all caps isn't making your case.

Absolutely spot on! I agree with you sir.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HILARIOUS...as you Do NOTHING Kchunts spend all hours on your ChiCom phones/'puters. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Oooopsie!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You Brokedick Whiners are a HOOT! Hint.

Bless your hearts for Trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Had one of my last leupolds [bleep] the bed today.

Dialed 3 moa right and two moa down to zero. Went 4 moa right and 1 moa up and group size doubled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calvin
Had one of my last leupolds [bleep] the bed today.

Dialed 3 moa right and two moa down to zero. Went 4 moa right and 1 moa up and group size doubled.

Yeah, don't say that. It don't fit into my worldview of Leupold scopes.

Did you tap on the scope with the handle of screwdriver to set the erector system? This is a little known secret, for success with Leupos. It should be in the owner's manual, but Leupo reserves it for only the best customers.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Personally if you ain’t gonna buy American made I wish you’d take your family and move the hell out of my country.

Sorry, Sunshine, but I buy WTF I want from whoever I want, based on value received for my money. American-made is fine, but buying shoddy goods from companies wrapping themselves in the Flag only encourages them to continue making the same crap. Nothing noble or patriotic about it. Sometimes companies need a wake-up call, and some never hear it.

I wish I could have back the money I blew on schitt cars from GM and Jeep in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Finally got a pretty decent Ford just before the turn of the century. Competitive pressure from foreign models is what made
U.S. carmakers clean up their acts, not any sense of American pride.

I can only hope that applies to your meds too. Wanna know the real reason Zantac is off the shelf and up for legal claims? Wanna know why everyone with a Chernobyl metal Makarov pistol has health problems or is dead?

Buy and sell USA or get the hell out !

So what American made electronic device are you posting from?

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Is this Big Stick guy mentally retarded or is the way he posts some kind of troll persona that he sadly thinks is cool or humorous? Trying to read one of his posts is like reading something a dyslexic bipolar crackhead would scribble on the sidewalk in chalk after being shot up with 100 milligrams of thorazine and hit in the head with a shovel.

Last edited by Todd_Bradford; 05/24/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m a set it and forget it hunter. I’m going to keep buying Leupold products as I’ve never had an issue. I’ve probably owned 30 or more.

You ain't about that life.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
I’m a set it and orget it hunter. I’m going to keep buying Leupold products as I’ve never had an issue. I’ve probably owned 30 or more.

I own 3 Leupold scopes. Never had a problem with them. I also have Swarovski, Nikon, Zeiss. Hell I even have an old Pentax Lightseeker. I guess I must be the luckiest SOB God ever strung a gut through. I have never had any of my scopes crap out on me in any way. I hear some of the companies have great customer service but I wouldn't know. Never had to call on them for a problem.

Then I log on here and read posts by people who seem to go through 5 scopes a week and can't get one in ten to function properly. I'm starting to think that what some of these folks need is a priest to drive the optic demons from their homes. Or maybe a voodoo witch doctor to lift the bad scope curse off their ass. LOL!

Some of you hard luck frackers need to wear a sign around your neck with your 24 Hr Campfire user name on it so I won't end up sitting next to your jinxed asses on a plane.

Last edited by Todd_Bradford; 05/24/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Toad,

Your idea of "use",ain't...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Cheer up,I Vudoo. Hint.

I'm VERY much enjoying,that your STUPIDITY,is no "act". Hint.

Bless your heart for Trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I’m going back to iron sights now.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Johnny L,

For what its worth, just a few thoughts and experiences:

I don't disagree with your discernments on the implications of buying American. And I, too, was a dedicated Gold Ring guy for a long time, owning just under 30 of them at one point. I was a fan boy;
I routinely admonished non-Leupolds in hunting camps and at the range. I truly thought they were the best. And I loved that they were as American made as they could be at their price point.

But, in retrospect, I'll admit that I was both blindly brand loyal and giving them a free pass because of their American roots. Too many times I danced the "Leupold Shuffle" - trying to get rigs sighted in with inconsistent adjustments. Too many times I made and explored other excuses for rigs that didn't hold zero and/or had wondering zero and/or had very inconsistent grouping some days while inexplicably shooting very well on others. The final straw came when the CDS's became popular, and I started dialing for distance more frequently. On 3 of 4 Leupold scopes I owned with turrets designed to be regularly field dialed, I experienced problems with inconsistent tracking and, more frequently, not returning to zero after being dialed. The one that hasn't experienced problems has the older M1 capped turret, which has spent its life on a gas .223, whereas the others were on 300 or 338 mags of one sort or another, so recoil was likely an issue. I'll say that Leupold CS has been nothing short of great, but CS really can't definitively fix fundamental design flaws in their scopes; instead, they bank on the fact that most people don't shoot enough to notice any fundamental shortfalls, or, more commonly nowadays, that people get problem scopes repaired and then send them onto the next person via internet sales.

I embarked on a research journey that led me to find out that many others had routinely experienced the same issues that I had with my beloved Gold Rings. I was hurt. I felt cheated. For a time I didn't know which direction to turn, but I knew I needed more reliable scopes if I was going to continue dialing for shots while hunting. It seemed that with all of the scopes returned to Leupold, they know full well of the issues they have and, by extension, ought to be able to engineer and produce a scope that could stand up to holding and returning to zero. Further, according to my own experiences and those of others, their reliability issues aren't constrained to their lower or mid tier scopes; the issues are also present in their high end offerings.

Eventually, I found my way to a couple of Nightforce scopes and I haven't looked back. Sure, they are pricey and heavier than comparable Leupolds. But they flat out work, even after a beating. And, after they are mounted, you barely notice any weight difference; certainly not enough to throw off a rig's overall utility, and certainly not enough to mean the difference between climbing an extra hill or not. Additionally, they are a company with a substantial manufacturing footprint in the U.S.

I still have low powered Leupolds on a bunch of levers and woods rifles as they are trim and svelt, and they seem to do OK for a time for closer range, set it and forget it type use.

I would love nothing more than for Leupold to make top quality optics I could rely on. Competition mainly benefits the consumer.

Last edited by Starbuck; 05/24/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have no issue with my Leupold's (all are pre-2017). I think they shine with dots, not dials, but I've not experienced any issues with the dials I have.

Undoubtedly the "best" USA Made scopes are Nightforce.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
LOL, on a couple levels.

Originally Posted by Brad

Low speed, high drag
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ofelas
LOL, on a couple levels.

Granted, not all are USA made, but some are. Those that are are certainly in a different realm than Leupold (or anything else).

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I tend to like Leupold also and know for a fact that the Founder of the Federalist is also a bit of a Leupold fan.

Sean Davis is really a gun guy and came out elk hunting this year.

Most all the optics are Leupold in the pictures.

There's SEALs, Delta, Marine Raiders, Rangers, and the guy from the Federalist.

Quite the mix.

Busting rocks a 1100yds.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/3654/Wkat9B.jpg

Playing Wolverine.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/7296/0wcnAR.jpg

It always makes me laugh, the leupold haters, cheerleader haters are always scared to lock horns with burns. Why is that? Is John a liar, doesn’t hunt much, hunts from the truck or doesn’t twist turrets like the elite hot shots here? Makes me laugh, as I’m sure he could probably run any scope he wanted to, but still chooses leupold... 😆😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Reupold as a notion,tugs at heart strings and dat's warm/fuzzy in Theory. In Application,they are simply steaming piles of fhuqking schit and in a perpetual downward spiral. Hint. Congratulations?!?

In fairness,Reupold has always been like looking through a dirty window,but there was a time when their innards exceeded their outards...now it just all simply sucks ass. Hint.

If one needs to make excuses for the innards,the outards sure as fhuqk ain't no Salvation. Not that I don't enjoy THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks,extolling same. Hint.

Simply put,if a scope won't/can't track,it can't/won't hold zero either. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

1000 words. Hint.

If only in fairness...not only Boolit Steerers. Hint.

Though in fairness,I've only had 100's of scopes. Hint.

Pass the mechanics,hold the Fluff and board the train and keep it on the tracks,if only for a fhuqking change. Hint.

Bless their hearts for Lyin',Tryin' and Cryin' though,despite Retards Buyin'.

Hint.

Laughing!....................

But what about the little [bleep] throwing your gold ring around the yard, and you yapping about run like the wind??? 😂😂😂

Oooops that video has been deleted.. haha gotta have huge turrets and very good optics to spotlight a Sitka buck!!! Haha

You poor washed up cull.. 😂😂

Oh my,yet another Window Licking Drooler,is wishing to muse Reupold "integrity"...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I find it HILARIOUSLY Fascinating,that a video both Titled and with Content commensurate,to something as fhuqking simplistic as B&C scope cap integrity,fuels soooooooooo much Estrogen Angst. Hint. LAUGHING!

BC Break in Time Constrained(mainly because Hutch was loosing his fhuqking mind) and it's been Titled same,since inception. VERY fhuqking "impressive",that even a Cross-Eyed Drooling Fhuqking Retard could "think" it as being a scope "test". Alas...the caps never came close to failure and I've "only" had 100's of 'em. Hint.

Now it is a breeze for the astute,to connect all dots and muse zero retention,tracking,return to zero and a coupla words on BC cap integrity. Though the Whiners,would need a fhuqking co-signer! Hint. LAUGHING!

1000 words. Hint.

Coulda' been a "fluke",so 1000 more. Hint.

I get a kick outta them trying to ride coat tails,if only because it's the only move they've "got". Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,while you Melting Snowflakes puddle in place. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Did he say, “gee stepdad, thanks for making me look like a complete fuucking idiot”?

Laughing.....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by shinbone
Originally Posted by rj308
. . . Because whether anyone likes it or not, no other scope manufacturer out there has, in the same package, very light weight, great eye relief, very good glass and classic looks (at least they used to have classic looks) at an affordable price. . . .

Meopta. Tract Optics. Zeiss Conquest. Many others, too.

In 2018 I bought four VX-3i 3.5-10x40s for under $1300 for all 4. Other than their tracking isn't the best, they're great. Once set they stay there. It's a bit of a pain to sight in, but I don't twist knobs in the field or mess with anything else except adjust parallax with the objective or the side focus knob. Sorry but I have too many rifles to spend an extra $1000 for optics when so far Leupold has done everything I need. Why kick the sleeping dog?

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ofelas
LOL, on a couple levels.

Granted, not all are USA made, but some are. Those that are are certainly in a different realm than Leupold (or anything else).

Brad,

Nothing wrong with Nightforce but wondering what Leupold model you are comparing to what Nightforce?

If we are talking heavies the Leupold MK8s stack up just fine to BEAST or ATACR on a ounce per feature basis although it's more expensive.

VX6 is a better buy than Nightforce SHV at the same weight and feature set.

Just wonderin.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Judman:

It's not my intent to "lock horns" with anyone, whether they truly know well of what they type or not. Most of us have experiences and hard earned information that informs our decisions and convictions, and the expression of mine wasn't an attempt to deride or marginalize anyone else's. Just sharing experiences and information that has proven to be of value to my thought process for others to consider. A point of my post was that you can buy other rifle scopes that are as "Designed, Engineered, and Assembled in USA" as Leupolds, and I have found at least one option to be exceedingly good, tough, reliable scopes. I also included the factors that effectuated my consideration of something other than Gold Rings after a lifetime of almost exclusive use. I apologize if that offends anyone's sensibilities.

The experiences I had with a few Leupolds are not isolated or somehow idiosyncratic to my specific use conditions. As stated, I was as big a water boy for Leupold as most anyone. But it came to a point in which I couldn't ignore what I was experiencing; then, the more I looked into it, the more widespread the issues seemed to be. I'm not "hatin" on Leupold or anyone who chooses to use them. I still use a number of them regularly and I sincerely hope that someday I can use them on a rig set up for dialing and have confidence in them, but, for now, I'm not there with them.

Last edited by Starbuck; 05/24/20.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Not specifically targeting you starbuck, as you’ve only 5 posts. I don’t get to hunt much, I’m wondering what all the fuss is about? 🤣🤣

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 3,267 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,590
Posts18,454,293
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.