Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
I could have sworn that was a 5 shot group?

i like your version better.

Man, you guys that are on the fence just do it. It'll be a great time and the weather was absolutely perfect last year. Beautiful spot too.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one of those impossible shots, too. Took place back in the late 60s while checking beaver traps with my junior high best friend. We were both on Bear Paw snow shoes. I carried a Remington Nylon 66 Apache Black with a cheap plastic scope. A raven appeared flying above the tree line across the beaver pond. He had to be up 50 yds and out 150-200 ... you know the rest of the story.

Last edited by KeithNyst; 05/23/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Flying raven stories? Heck ya, they used to come in when I called coyotes. I used a custom .Anschutz 17 Ackley Hornet back then. They'd come in low and slow....That was a wonderful varmint rifle.

Best raven shot I ever seen was a buddy and I were bowhunting elk. We came up on some ravens squawking in a meadow, we figured they were scavenging a gut pile. I can call a raven using my mouth so I let loose and called one over to us. My buddy pulled up and shot when the raven went overhead. 10 seconds later his arrow falls about 20' away and thunks into the ground. We went over there and a raven wing feather was stuck on the arrow.

Good times.

LOL
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I will have to think about going this year for the first time. Any accommodations available in the area? Any general info for first timers?

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Man, that story's becoming as familiar as Roy's one holer. I got to the end of it in my head before I was finished reading it. laugh

Tim, he said that was the sweetest ten bucks he ever made, the rest of the story, that was the last ten bucks he ever made. So, it’s very vivid in his mind.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B2

G
gnoahhh Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Haha, you funny man.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by E Blair
I will have to think about going this year for the first time. Any accommodations available in the area? Any general info for first timers?

Two choices: bunk with us in the camp, or camp outside in tent or camper. Folks do both. No motels close by I know of, triple deuce can expand on that.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Looks like Im open for the weekend of aug. 21st, depends on the C19 and if Jerrys going! i have to be at U of M on the 17th tho, for my Leg Check up! Guy I work for big Party is the next weekend! this year! so hoping to Make it to see the Boys!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

There are motels 12 mi. away in Tunkhannock.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Poconojack

There are motels 12 mi. away in Tunkhannock.

So what is that: about an hour and half by car?

grin

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Depends on the car. I could get you there in about 7 minutes. grin

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

About 20 minutes Randy.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Depends on the car. I could get you there in about 7 minutes. grin

That car would be called a helicopter.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Poconojack

About 20 minutes Randy.

Actually, Sounds about right.

My 1 1/2 hour guesstimate was tongue and cheek for those of you that don't know me.

grin

~Admiral Yamamoto~

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Shoot, it could be DAYS if you made a wrong turn and got lost. Nothing out there but mountains and trees!

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
As the old saying goes, "god willing and the creek don't rise". I should be there Friday afternoon with Saddlering in tow.Call dibs on my sleeping quarters from previous Savage extravaganzas. Can't wait to have that young wippersnapper out shoot most of us old timers again. Brice is a natural dead-eye.

I am trying to loose 10 lbs. by then so I can put it back on that weekend. Food, folks and firearms are all top notch. I heard (privileged information) that Sailor Jerry, Gentleman Jack an 12 year old Canadian Club could possibly be in attendance.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Getting a little closer. If you plan on attending please say so on this post. So far we have 15 people staying for the weekend and 6 or 7 visiting. Thanks.

Joe

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

I'll be there Friday morning to help set up. If you PM me your cell #, I'll call you Thursday night, to see if you need me to pick up anything on the way in.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blitz
I haven't been to a fest since Jed's in 2007. Temped to show just to meet all those that weren't at the first. Maybe even bring my swiss cheese rat of an HP 22 and some hand loads...

You are more than welcome to come!! Bring whatever you would like. There is plenty of room for displays.

Joe

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by E Blair

The closest town would be Tunkhannock. There are a few hotels in that area or there is still room in the cabin. You can bring whatever you would like to display or shoot.

Joe

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (02bfishn, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,222
Posts18,466,471
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.