Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You keep screenshots of me?

How sweet.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
BP-B6

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Now I know you are a f u c k I n g q u e e r.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I enjoy the simplistic Fact,that you are a Brokedick Lying Pece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Can anybody play?

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by geedubya
Can anybody play?

ya!

GWB

I believe I might have number 8

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by lapua6547

I believe I might have number 8

10/4

Enjoy!

GWB

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
I do have number 8

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Gee dub

What bullet ya usin?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

I don't shoot the 6 x 45 all that much. I mainly thought I'd be a Johnny-come-lately.

B has not availed himself to comment on any of the latest "Petting Zoo" episodes from the Haybale and Crockett Cronicles, and being the passive-aggressive type, I figured it was time to take my fair share of abuse!

Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
Gee dub

What bullet ya usin?

Mainly the 70 Gr. Sierra Blitz.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

For years I pretty much abstained from AR's, as I do not like the way they balance in the hand nor ride the bags. I purchased the stripped lower and built it from there circa 2012. The barrel on this one is Ceramic lined and it took a while to find a load that it liked.

I've changed the scope recently and installed a red dot. I use it from time to time to perforate multiple hoglets that I've trapped.

I actually prefer the 6 x 47, loaded with the Barnes 80 Gr. TTSX.

I managed to snag a Cooper M21 chambered for the 6 x 47 with a 1 in 10 twist here on the Fire. It likes the Barnes TTSX and although I prefer to smack hoglets with rifles chambered for 6.5 and up, the 80 gr. Barnes works well on Turkeys and hoglets, and does not make too much of a mess.

Ya!

GWB

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I did have a Remington M7 chambered for the 6 x 47

It was a sweet shooter.

Sakohunter264 decided he needed it worse than I did. I think he mainly wanted the McMillan stock!

ya!

GWB

IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Big Stick
nohunter,

I rather enjoy the fact,that the only thing you "shoot" is your mouth...you 'lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you set mired and "getting" to read about it. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

nohunter,

I rather enjoy the fact,that the only thing you "shoot" is your mouth...you 'lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you set mired and "getting" to read about it. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

I was gonna SHAEN my montucky to 6x45 have him mod the box/ejector, run a 1-4 swfa with 55 mils of travel as a cullin rifle with 20cent 105’s. Can’t hate a 6x, but it’s nice having 14oz package with a good ret and illuminated for the bush.

Then I saw the video yesterday of you and Justin running the same and realized that’d be gayer then AIDS to copy. I guess I could let the girls run amuck with pink and purple paint and hope that cancels it out.

As a rule I don’t trust smaller diameter hpbt to anchor [bleep] when velocity drops below 2200. Most guys aren’t shooting 105’s from a 3000+ launch to garner what a 2600fpa start will do at the 500 yard line.

Then again hornady steel 75gr will work for the purpose intended. Nice to touch a round once and that’s stuff in the mag box. Touch slow but 0-300 no biggy.

Does noyes island have any above bushline besides that crag straight behind the lodge?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
nohunter,

At least you can "afford" to "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
What set of parameters you want to wager on that if I win, you’ll [bleep] off from the forum permanently?? Side wager my fieldcraft for the sporter 54.

Animals killed 2020?

Fish caught 2020?

Days afield 2020?

Physical fitness?

Amount getting laid?

Ur calling me a broke-dick, khouch bount [bleep] do nothing bitch, call my bluff.

I changed parameter slightly. If you saw it the first go round we can stick to it.. but I’d rather be it something that’s attainable going forward that’s positive. Me proving I have more wealth then you accomplishes nothing.

Last edited by Ndbowhunter; 05/25/20.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
And yet another thread by someone looking for advice and opinions that was completely derailed by the same useless sh*t and 'who the fuqc cares' pictures of his lunch and other sh*t.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You Melting Snowflake CLUELESS Covid Queens are a fhuqking hoot and never disappoint in the magnificent grandeur of oblivious humor,by simply doing your best. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Ummmmmm everything cited in .257" sucks ass,if only because boolits matter more than headstamps. Hint.

I've shot or got all of the 6mm's thus far cited and a bunch that ain't. Hint.

There's ZERO fhuqking way I'd build a 270 slower than 8",though one of 'em is in 7.5". Hint.

Starting velocity,ain't arrival velocity and that one stumps all of you Fhuqktards. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................

Well butthead the 25's have some good cast bullet molds to play with and generally in the real world good to 250 yards works for most chores.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

barm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by geedubya

I don't shoot the 6 x 45 all that much. I mainly thought I'd be a Johnny-come-lately.

B has not availed himself to comment on any of the latest "Petting Zoo" episodes from the Haybale and Crockett Cronicles, and being the passive-aggressive type, I figured it was time to take my fair share of abuse!

Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
Gee dub

What bullet ya usin?

Mainly the 70 Gr. Sierra Blitz.

For years I pretty much abstained from AR's, as I do not like the way they balance in the hand nor ride the bags. I purchased the stripped lower and built it from there circa 2012. The barrel on this one is Ceramic lined and it took a while to find a load that it liked.

I've changed the scope recently and installed a red dot. I use it from time to time to perforate multiple hoglets that I've trapped.

I actually prefer the 6 x 47, loaded with the Barnes 80 Gr. TTSX.

I managed to snag a Cooper M21 chambered for the 6 x 47 with a 1 in 10 twist here on the Fire. It likes the Barnes TTSX and although I prefer to smack hoglets with rifles chambered for 6.5 and up, the 80 gr. Barnes works well on Turkeys and hoglets, and does not make too much of a mess.

Ya!

GWB

I like it geedubya.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I apologize for dredging up an old thread, but it was easier than trying to explain why I am saying what I am.
I heard about the 6x47 when I was a kid. It was a good idea back then, for what it was intended, mainly a small rifle for a boy, girl, or small woman to start hunting with for deer or antelope.
It is light, accurate, and has adequate power out to about 300 yards for what it is intended.
Because the AR-15 was just coming online, someone got the idea to use .223 cases, and the 6x45 became popular.
I thought that was a pretty good idea, but didn't do anything about it, until recently I was at the LGS's shop checking on some work I was having done.
the GS was holding a bolt and playing with it. Anyone who has disassembled an M98 bolt knows it's a ton of fun. The GS was popping the bolt apart and putting it back together, with no problem and no tools! I asked what he had in his hands, and he told me "A Howa!"
I decided to get one then and there.
I bought a .223 action and decided to build something. I thought about the 6x45, but decided to get something larger. My decision was the 6.5 TCU.
The TCUs are for handguns, and the bullets are seated out too long for most rifles. They will fit in regular SAs, but I felt that the balance would be a bit peculiar, so I ordered a reamer with no throat, then got a separate throating reamer so I adjust the bullet to be seated wherever I choose.
I figured the go-to bullets would be 85gr Sierra hollow-points or Speer 90gr TNTs, so I put a short throat in, and just seat the base of the bullet into the case further, against the present train of thought.
I got a small laminated Richard's Micro-fit classic style stock, and Pac-Nor 20" pencil barrel, and 1-4x variable Leopold scope, and after assembly tried it out.
Most of my shooting is over my Oehler chronograph, so while 'grouping' I can keep track of ballistics, and use every different powder I can.
I don't have the load-book right here with me, but I can tell you that it worked out real well for me.
I would say, though, that if I were to do it again, I would like to try a Mini-Mauser action, or Mini-Howa action. I am happy enough with what I have, so it'll be a while before I try.
I use the little terror more for calling coyotes, than deer, but it'll reach as far as I wish it to. I can almost put it into my pocket to carry it into the stand, it's so small.
Have fun,
Gene

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,803 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,632
Posts18,398,825
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.