Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I pull up to the tie-down removal area and can hear someone yelling down at the dock. Check my plug, unhook my straps, and back down the ramp. I get out and he's yelling at his wife who's trying to back the truck. They finally get the boat off the trailer (left a strap on the transom) then he's yelling at his kid about banging the POS off the dock (1960's or 1970's fiberglass). Then he starts yelling at him about tying the wrong knot to the dock while the dipshitt is sitting in the POS cranking the two-smoke.

When I came back in there was some dipshitt taking up one entire side of the ramp unboxing a Wal-Mart Minn Kota and installing it on his boat. Couldn't have done it at home or at least in the parking lot.

Originally Posted by MM879
It sounds like the OP has some issues.

Obviously he is not too comfortable if he doesn't have full control of everyone in his surrounding area.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Man and woman shold never do two things together-

1) paddle a canoe

2) back up a trailer (or hook up the pickup to a trailer)

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Building a new home rates high in this country for causes of divorce...

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

I don’t go to the lakes here on Weekends - Forget Memorial Day Weekend OMG !!

The Boat Ramps are a cluster of a mess... and fishing on lakes in the Midwest where mud bottoms make them fish small ... NOPE..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A co-worker married a divorcee with a couple kids. She'd been an abused wife like that. They were living in a rental house. She called him at work and said the furnace had gone out. When he got home, he looked at it and determined that he needed to have the landlord call a repairman. In the meantime, his wife was cowering in the kitchen. He finally got it out of her that she feared the beating that was coming. Her ex would beat her when anything broke, no matter who's fault it was, if anyone's. She thought it was normal and that he was going to hit her.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
*Someone* deserves a beating here at this house.

The kitchen sink is clogged way down the line, up under the house.

10 spot says its grease and fuggin carrot peelings....again

What’d you do for Memorial Day.....crawled under the house and snaked out some plumbing...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Man and woman shold never do two things together-

1) paddle a canoe

Around here I'd add working cows to that list.

Life is good live it while you can.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I would like to report a pleasant experience at the boat launch.
I know, it seems farfetched, but this one time it was true.

Small, high mountain lake that just opened in time for Memorial Day.
Mobil dock was still out of water and left in the middle of the turn around wide spot, making it about half as wide.
It was tight launching my 14 ft with a Toyota.

I go to pull out about 10:30 am, just when the parade of weekend warriors shows up.
Guy in front of me is launching a 20 ft big wide boat with an F 250 double cab.
I decide this is going to be a disaster, so I settle in to wait.

Old dude has to make a 10 point turn to get flipped around, and his “crew” are no help, So I jump in and help direct traffic.
Once he makes the 180%, he still has to back in around a 45% corner to launch .
Bingo, he does it like an old truck driver, his boat is floating in 60 seconds.
Amazing

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just got home from a local restaurant, waterfront deck was jammin' just like in the pre-pandemic days..

This is a video fresh from Lake of the Ozarks Memorial day party and others....

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I had a great aunt (I think) who shot her husband in the foot when he came home drunk and abusive. Same woman opened the back door and let his drunk abusive ass go stumbling through when he came running at her. There was no porch only steps up the side of the house to the back door, the house was built on a steep hill so it was around a 15 - 20 foot drop from the small stoop.

Mom use to tell several stories about them fighting whenever he would tie one on. Those two were her favorites. He didn't drink all that often and I reckon by all accounts he was a pretty good guy and she was a pretty good woman till he tied one on. Mom said he quit drinking all together after they were together around ten years or so.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Man and woman should never do two things together-

1) paddle a canoe

My wife is an ace at backing trailers. She dealt with our two horse trailer for years taking the kids to 4H practice on weekday evenings, while I was working swing shift. If a person can back a horse trailer with the axles about eight feet from the ball hitch, he/she can back anything.

The boat ramp, with the trailer axle set 16 to 18 feet back from the bumper....a piece of cake. I cannot count the number of times I have sat in the boat, while she backed it into the water or retrieved the trailer so I could load the boat.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Probably the same at home.

He’s gonna wake up dead some day, if she gets the notion.

What lake, and how was the fishing?

P

You get out for halibut?

😉

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Yes, we had a pleasant day at the lake again today. This time my daughter, her husband and their three kids.

It is a small irrigation reservoir, maybe a couple miles long. Used to be a nationally recognized crappie fishery. Usually, now lots of bass. We never found a spot in the lake over twenty feet deep. Most of it nine to ten feet.

The lake had a couple dozen boats out. And the ramps were in steady use. We got close and got our boat ready, but the kids needed to use the outhouse before we launched. (No dock, so it's easier to load the kids, daughter, and fat old man, while the boat is still on the trailer.)

Anyway, one guy comes up and is ready to load his boat, and another is waiting to launch, so we pulled up out of the way and gave them the ramp until the kids were ready.

My SIL learned how easy it actually is to back a trailer for a 19 foot boat when the axles are set clear to the back under the inboard engine.

We got skunked on the lake, and gave up after about four hours. Don't know what we were doing wrong as several other boats reported hooking up on a couple dozen bass or better. Guess we just don't know what a bass really desires. grin

Loadout went just as smoothly. I nosed the boat up to the gravel shore. The SIL jumped off the bow, backed the trailer down the ramp while I went and made some waves and then bounced the boat across them just to make my 36 year old daughter squirm. She hollered, and threatened to tell on me to her Momma. But she was grinning.

I saw the trailer hit the water, drove the boat up on it, SIL hooked the strap to the bow eye. And we were gone. Probably on the ramp for eight minutes.

Any day on the water with the kids beats just about anything else possible.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice morning on the river today. No issue at the boat launch, smooth as silk. This isn't our first rodeo. Once anchored just above our honey-hole we limited out in about 3 hours. Grandson caught his first legal striper. He's hooked on fishing now.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Morewood
Nice morning on the river today. No issue at the boat launch, smooth as silk. This isn't our first rodeo. Once anchored just above our honey-hole we limited out in about 3 hours. Grandson caught his first legal striper. He's hooked on fishing now.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Great pic!!!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Sweet little stripper for the grandkid.

He needs to work on technique though - arm straight with fish way out in front of him wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was pleased to hear he's getting a haircut tomorrow.

I hear ya, Scott, but you don't want to make it too obvious ya know.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Morewood
Grandson caught his first legal striper.

Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Sweet little stripper for the grandkid.

He needs to work on technique though

I think Stripers and Strippers are two different species.....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by akasparky
I pull up to the tie-down removal area and can hear someone yelling down at the dock. Check my plug, unhook my straps, and back down the ramp. I get out and he's yelling at his wife who's trying to back the truck. They finally get the boat off the trailer (left a strap on the transom) then he's yelling at his kid about banging the POS off the dock (1960's or 1970's fiberglass). Then he starts yelling at him about tying the wrong knot to the dock while the dipshitt is sitting in the POS cranking the two-smoke.

When I came back in there was some dipshitt taking up one entire side of the ramp unboxing a Wal-Mart Minn Kota and installing it on his boat. Couldn't have done it at home or at least in the parking lot.

Originally Posted by MM879
It sounds like the OP has some issues.

Obviously he is not too comfortable if he doesn't have full control of everyone in his surrounding area.

I'm a pretty laid back guy but I believe if I saw a person installing a trolling motor while occupying the ramp, I would have to say something.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

223 members (160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 22 invisible), 2,312 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,718
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.