Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
First date with first wife I took her horseback riding. I had read somewhere that it made women horny.

First date with second wife she showed me around Boston. We had a good time,...stayed out all day and into the night,..ate at some good restaurants.

I flew in about 11AM Saturday morning and I had to be back at work in Kentucky at 3:30PM on Monday afternoon. Neither of us got much sleep that weekend.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was bouncing at this little tourist bar, one of the local girls happened to be cute and tall as well, and showed interest. We got to hanging out while I worked for a few nights, and I asked her out. We decided to go to a movie at the new theater in "big town" about 10 miles up the road. Nice place, recliner seats, full bar service.

We picked "Sophie's Choice"........ That was one heck of a downer night. We ended up dating pretty seriously after that, but our goals in life were not compatible. Still think of her often, hope life has been kind to her.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I was a junior in college and was really into playing bridge. One of my fraternity brothers named Tom was my bridge partner and we were pretty good. One night, we drove over to one of the female dorms, and Tom knew the TA at the front desk. He asked if there were any girls who wanted to play bridge. Ten minutes later, this beautiful Italian girl shows up with a cute little blonde. We played bridge for a couple of hours, and she was not only a skilled bridge player, but funny and brilliant. We’ve been married 50 years and have two great sons ages 48 and 46, who have given us four wonderful grandkids, ages 16, 13, 11 and 9.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Met mine at a NYE party.
Both drove the next day to fast food place to chat.
Actual date, was at a gym couple days later, did weights and basketball.
She played for HS team yrs before.
They must have been horrible.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/24/20.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Bristoe is divorced twice, imagine that.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by callnum
Bristoe is divorced twice, imagine that.

once

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WyoCowboy;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the weekend has been treating you well thus far and this finds you well.

Thanks for starting the interesting thread and of course as always thanks to the respondents, without which it wouldn't be what it is.

On my first date with my now wife, we were leaving a church supper and headed to a local fellows place for coffee and board games as I recall. She knew my older brother, not me really, but saw that I was alone in my pickup and said she'd ride with me. I used to kid her that she liked my nearly new '80 Toyota 4x4 as they were a new thing then and it got lots of looks and comments.

Anyways we visited a fair bit and when I called and asked her the next day if we could do coffee sometime, she said sure, so I headed the 45 minutes into the small town where she lived. Funny thing was we ended up having coffee with her folks and visiting with them. She said later that they were impressed that I was comfortable enough to chat the night away with all of them, but honestly my future parents in law and I got along great until they passed.

Oh, the next date we went hill climbing and mudding in the 4x4, but it was the one after that which sealed it with me.

We went on the time honored Saskatchewan weekend pastime of shooting gophers. As we sat in an abandoned farm yard plinking gophers, one popped up on her side of the truck and began to enthusiastically crunch on the bones of it's recently deceased cousin or brother.

She commented, "Huh, I didn't know they'd do that" and when I replied something like, "Yah real life isn't like Walt Disney shows it", she shrugged and muttered, "Well we can't have that sort of behavior spreading then" and shot the cannibal gopher dead center!

I knew then and there if she wasn't "the one" then I'd never find her and not too, too long after I asked if she'd be interested in trying to make a go of it with a guy who had no clue what he wanted to be in life but wasn't scared of work.

That was 38 years ago this fall that we were married, but the gopher shoot was likely about now that spring. I've been blessed far beyond anything I've ever done to deserve it and honestly can thank her for any sort of material success we've been able to achieve. It's been a grand ride all in all.

Thanks for letting me relive some of those times when I typed them sir, all the best to you all. Stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Our first date centered on changing the shocks on her car. She was a good mechanic and knew a lot about cars. Came in handy when we raced up and down the West Coast. It's been 43 years and going strong.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 58 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,035
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.