What's in your pasture? laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

F
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
F
These the same gals that have special purses for their tinydogs.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Buy once, cry once

I heard that somewhere....maybe on here laugh

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They're probably worse than hunters - turkey butt out tool cough suppressor etc. .

I bet they'll sell especially if you get a window sticker with the purchase YETI LIFE .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
F
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
F
Sheesh for that much money I can buy 125 25# bags of ice from Costco. Don't think Ive bought that much in the last 25 years.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In high school I shoveled chit in a horse barn with room for 94 horses. For the most part all thoroughbreds, eastern dressage type riding, braided manes, silly saddles the works. Lots of moneyed owners.

Almost all wealthy women and their daughters, a few Homosexual men. For reasons not to difficult to conjecture, these women were in love with their horses. We had one slash her wrists when her horse died.

Ice water in summer weren’t uncommon, one lady would bring whole buckets of iced tea.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Our ole Ranch horses would have probably died of a heart attack if we had ever given them iced water after working cows all day in a hot summers day.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
In high school I shoveled chit in a horse barn with room for 94 horses. For the most part all thoroughbreds, eastern dressage type riding, braided manes, silly saddles the works. Lots of moneyed owners.

Almost all wealthy women and their daughters, a few Homosexual men. For reasons not to difficult to conjecture, these women were in love with their horses. We had one slash her wrists when her horse died.

Ice water in summer weren’t uncommon, one lady would bring whole buckets of iced tea.

I hope she was successful.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Our ole Ranch horses would have probably died of a heart attack if we had ever given them iced water after working cows all day in a hot summers day.

No doubt!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
my yard cats like the bucket under the ice machine drain in the summer.winter thy like the fountain

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ohhh, I thought you meant these guys, well fed on second-cut Montana alfalfa.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My second ex-wife was a horsewoman and yes, she was nucking futz. She told me she had her first orgasm riding a horse bareback. Make of that what you will.

We were transiting through Frankfurt once and she stopped at the Hermes duty-free shop. She saw a set of horse brushes there that were on sale for $1200. The price even shocked her. When she asked about it the salesgirl said, in a haughty French accent “Well, they are Hermes.”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

It was actually a great job, outside all year round and I got to be an ace with the front end loader on the tractor, scooping up horse apples and peed-on sawdust. In fact I was double clutching an old Ford dump truck out to the manure pile back in the woods when I heard on it’s radio that President Nixon was resigning.

Lots of tedious grooming and hoof-picking of course. The pits was getting there at 5am to braid manes for some event. A lot of Thoroughbreds have a personality about like white leghorn chickens, anything at all could send em into hysterics, whereas Quarterhorses, Morgan’s, Arabians etc were generally more placid.

They would transport the horses to events in a big motorhome- looking vehicle. Horses backed into stalls all facing the middle ( I’m recalling six horses but it’s been years). The worst job was riding in the back with the horses, standing in the middle by their heads to keep ‘em calm. I hate getting sneezed on by horses.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Is that the horses that get all of their alfalfa hay from one valley in Montana ? I can actually understand why the dune coon does it. Changing a horses feed can make them colic. My broker is a horse nut and she freaks out whenever her usual hay supplier is out. I’ve also seen her drive five hours to buy her regular brand and type of feed to avoid even a minor change in food. I’ve also seen three of her horses colic within three days of changing their feed.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Easy way to make a small fortune in the horse business...

Start with a large fortune.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sheeit.

What is it with people and their weird fascination with ice and how long they can keep it solid?

Its not expensive.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Is that the horses that get all of their alfalfa hay from one valley in Montana ? I can actually understand why the dune coon does it. Changing a horses feed can make them colic. My broker is a horse nut and she freaks out whenever her usual hay supplier is out. I’ve also seen her drive five hours to buy her regular brand and type of feed to avoid even a minor change in food. I’ve also seen three of her horses colic within three days of changing their feed.

I am just putting the pieces of the puzzle together. Hauled some bales. Word in the truck was second cutting only, around Dillon and Townsend. Shipped via Tacoma, un-compacted, large square bales. In their summer, the horses are flown to Kentucky, they have a barn jet or some damned thing, and eat the same but from small square bales. Not 100% sure but I heard it rhymes with Audi Hoyal Damily. Small world.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy i know is a farrier on the side.

Told him he’d hit the jackpot If he’d do chrome horse shoes.

Coloreds would love it.

Dubs for their horses.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Years ago I worked for an LTL trucking company. We shipped a lot of alfalfa hay from so. Idaho to the race tracks in NY and surrounding area. This is high desert and the hot dry days give alfalfa a boost in protein. The horse guys loved it and would pay premium prices for it. One of the dealers here told me that a track in NY was out of hay. They pulled a trailer load in and everyone wanted to buy bales right off the truck. They set up an impromptu auction, 1 bale at a time. They sold the entire load in 30 min and made a major killing on it. When you have a high $ race horse, expense is no object.

For you trucking guys: unless things have change since I got out of it, are you aware that when hay is shipped inside an enclosed trailer it becomes hazmat? It has to be placarded as flammable. There are enough haystack fires every year to tell you why. It can get up to 150F inside a trailer even without the heat from the hay.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 358WCF, 13 invisible), 1,525 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,658
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.