Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Yoder409
There's a solution to pit bulls that does not involve a gun.

They're called Rottweilers. Just let go of the leash and watch them do what they do.

Wanna consistently stop a Pit Bull using another dog? Better think in the neighborhood of a Kurdish Kangal, Anitolian Shepherd, Caucasian Ovcharka etc. Very large flock guardians would be the way to go.

I hate to hear of this incident. I hope the guy and his dog will be o.k. Be careful out there, as this can happen anywhere. I don’t understand not carrying while out walking.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Hastings
That's why I keep a S&W 36 in my pocket at all times.

Yep. Even if I step off the back porch to piss at night, my Ruger LCP 380 is in my pocket.

I don't go anywhere that I don't have at least a Ruger LCR with Hornady Critical Defense ammo in it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
What's the best cartridge/load combination for a pit bull?
After eliminating anywhere from 4 to 10 a year for over 30 years I recommend any good deer bullet from 62 grain up from .223 up and 2500 fps up applied behind the front leg.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do not recommend 22 Long rifle.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A black amishman who raises fighting dogs.

I am never surprised anymore, though this one is odd.

MAGA
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Old lady across the field has 2 pits. I wounded a coyote in the field and those 2 pits finished it off. It was brutal. They tried to attack me on my 4 wheeler one day. I out ran them and went home and loaded the smith 360pd with 125 hp 357s and took another ride down the same road. Lucky for them they weren't there anymore.

Their names are scooby and dooby and they've been in my yard a few times but not long enough for me to get a gun. Our neighborhood is filling in really quick so shooting is likely frowned on now but most of the neighbors don't like the pits running free either.

Scooby already bit one neighbor while she was jogging but the old lady keeps saying they would never hurt anyone. I need a suppressor for my kimber Adirondac in 300 BO just in case they get back onto my yard.

Bb

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Bb, I don't blame you for a moment. Some dogs just need to be put down. You might save someone from going through a horrible experience.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

I know for a fact that a standard 5.56 AR will work.

Details requested...How many rounds did you let loose? What was your target area?...Head, heart, behind the shoulder or did you go with a Swiss Cheese look?

😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
After eliminating anywhere from 4 to 10 a year for over 30 years I recommend any good deer bullet from 62 grain up from .223 up and 2500 fps up applied behind the front leg.

Sounds like high shoulder shots work....Mr. Hasting, how did you find yourself airing out 4-10 Pits a year?

SWAT Cop hitting drug houses would probably have that amount of contact with PB.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow, just averaging that out 4-10 avg 7 x 30 yrs

210 pit bulls

You’re like the Red Baron of pit bull kills

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

They say that dogs "can smell fear"

or they have ESP.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
when I was in my early twenties had friends who had both, they fought them and bet on it to settle the argument about which would win. the rotts had the advantage early on but tired much quicker than the pits, couldn't outlast them. if the rotts had got a good hold early it could have gone the other way.

Only an evil idiot would have their dogs fight for any reason.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wow, just averaging that out 4-10 avg 7 x 30 yrs

210 pit bulls

You’re like the Red Baron of pit bull kills

Ok, yeah

Alex, I’ll take What is Bullshît for $800

pics or didn’t happen.

Just one, just one pic

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

They're called Rottweilers. Just let go of the leash and watch them do what they do.

Wanna consistently stop a Pit Bull using another dog? Better think in the neighborhood of a Kurdish Kangal, Anitolian Shepherd, Caucasian Ovcharka etc. Very large flock guardians would be the way to go.

Great advice, if a bunch of people start buying Rottweilers and Caucasian Ovcharkas and Turkish Kangals to protect them from pitbulls then we'll have an outbreak of Rottweiler and Caucasian Ovcharka and Turkish Kangal maulings.

Stick to the smaller and less harmless breeds and leave large dogs to those who require them, like the police. If you aren't a first responder and don't need to herd livestock you can probably don't need anything more than a Yorkie or Cocker Spaniel.

[Linked Image from i.barkpost.com]

What a nice dog. I'm sure people will be a lot safer with a ton of these around.
[Linked Image from petsworld.in]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Careful! Could say the same thing about guns.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Their names are scooby and dooby and they've been in my yard a few times but not long enough for me to get a gun.

Come on man, you can’t shoot two dogs named Scooby and Dooby!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'll never own a dog I can't whip in a fight.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Careful! Could say the same thing about guns.

wink

Strange how a lot of libertarian-as-long-as-they-like-it people on this site would support a law prohibiting pitbulls but don't think about the natural extension of such a law if all pitbulls were suddenly replaced by Rotties or what-have-you.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
We need a nationwide law for owners to assume all legal responsibility for their pets. Assoon as you see those dogs on your property shoot tokill......

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Great advice, if a bunch of people start buying Rottweilers and Caucasian Ovcharkas and Turkish Kangals to protect them from pitbulls then we'll have an outbreak of Rottweiler and Caucasian Ovcharka and Turkish Kangal maulings.

Stick to the smaller and less harmless breeds and leave large dogs to those who require them, like the police. If you aren't a first responder and don't need to herd livestock you can probably don't need anything more than a Yorkie or Cocker Spaniel.

[Linked Image from i.barkpost.com]

What a nice dog. I'm sure people will be a lot safer with a ton of these around.
[Linked Image from petsworld.in]

I’ve 2 half Anatolian half sarplaninac. They are not for everyone and not house dogs. But they aren’t pitbulls either. They are still bred for a purpose.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

MAGA
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

93 members (264mag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 308xray, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 17 invisible), 1,133 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,478
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.