-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't make any difference if there is a open lane and no body is waiting...

I could fill pages with the insane crap I've run into at boat ramps.

Just a week ago it was three boats taking up one complete lane and dock with a beer party the next lane over was blocked by the guy that has to block the ramp with his boat while he goes three blocks away to fetch his truck. A family fishing from one dock, bait buckets in the water and all had one dock and lane occupied. But it was a four lane boat launch so I squeezed right it there and managed....So goes life....

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use to run with a guy that was the craziest mf'er on earth when it came to launching a boat at a public ramp.
He was a Vietnam vet that was totally fu_ckup from Agent Orange, he use to be on a crew that landed their helicopters in freshly defoliated jungles and do body counts of how many gook's they'd managed to gun down.

He was the biggest hothead with the shortest fuse of any man I have ever been around.

He had a pretty nice 24 ft'er we fished out of often, at the ramps, you just had to drift away and pretend you weren't with him.

We're putting in one day and there was a man and wife team struggling to get their s_hit together and get off the dock.
My friend is white knucklin' it, veins poppin' out in his neck as he heated up waiting to back the boat in.

He finally pop's his door open and storms down to the dock screaming, this guy meets him head on tellin' him to fu_ck off and my bud takes a swing at him, the dude ducks and his wife takes the hit right up the side of the head and falls off the dock into the water...We dumped the boat in right beside the guy as he retrieved his wife and tended her wounds.

A couple weeks after that episode we were pullin' his boat out at a ramp, it was a heavy beast, if I recall right it was a Searay.
The boats about 2/3's the way on the trailer when the power wench quit working. He jumps in the truck floors it, get's up on the flat and locks up the brakes. The boat come rippin' at us, blew both sides walls over on the bed of the truck, broke the rear window out and creased the roof of the cab....The power wench and stanchion it was mounted on just folded over.

I took a cab home as he waited out a wrecker service.

I changed that MF'ers life forever when I introduced him to thc, he was the chillest guy you'd ever meet forever more.

When I get to a boat ramp I just sit back and enjoy the show and wait until the mayhem clears to take my turn.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
idiots on the lake is why I don't fish public lakes anymore. I think I killed about one a year when I fished bass tournaments.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by akasparky

We're putting in one day and there was a man and wife team struggling to get their s_hit together and get off the dock.
My friend is white knucklin' it, veins poppin' out in his neck as he heated up waiting to back the boat in.

He finally pop's his door open and storms down to the dock screaming, this guy meets him head on tellin' him to fu_ck off and my bud takes a swing at him, the dude ducks and his wife takes the hit right up the side of the head and falls off the dock into the water...We dumped the boat in right beside the guy as he retrieved his wife and tended her wounds.

Your "bud" should have been jailed for that. Vet or not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
Grandson caught his first legal striper.

Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Sweet little stripper for the grandkid.

He needs to work on technique though

I think Stripers and Strippers are two different species.....

So are wenches and winches...
I use to run with a guy that was the craziest mf'er on earth when it came to launching a boat at a public ramp.
He was a Vietnam vet that was totally fu_ckup from Agent Orange, he use to be on a crew that landed their helicopters in freshly defoliated jungles and do body counts of how many gook's they'd managed to gun down.

He was the biggest hothead with the shortest fuse of any man I have ever been around.

He had a pretty nice 24 ft'er we fished out of often, at the ramps, you just had to drift away and pretend you weren't with him.

A couple weeks after that episode we were pullin' his boat out at a ramp, it was a heavy beast, if I recall right it was a Searay.
The boats about 2/3's the way on the trailer when the power wench quit working. He jumps in the truck floors it, get's up on the flat and locks up the brakes. The boat come rippin' at us, blew both sides walls over on the bed of the truck, broke the rear window out and creased the roof of the cab....The power wench and stanchion it was mounted on just folded over.

I took a cab home as he waited out a wrecker service.

I changed that MF'ers life forever when I introduced him to thc, he was the chillest guy you'd ever meet forever more.

When I get to a boat ramp I just sit back and enjoy the show and wait until the mayhem clears to take my turn.....

Last edited by Whttail_in_MT; 05/25/20.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

go to lake Powell when its busy.....people back down to the water....then start loading the boat......people pull out of the water...then start drying it off...….even though there are areas to do all of that...

the guy that hit the woman needs a bat taken to both legs...….why anyone would hang around a [bleep] like that is beyond me.....bob

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There are some crazy stuff that goes on at the boat ramps... that is for sure... the local one here yesterday, someone dropped their nice ski boat off the trailer onto the ramp (not sure how).... crazy

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A co-worker married a divorcee with a couple kids. She'd been an abused wife like that. They were living in a rental house. She called him at work and said the furnace had gone out. When he got home, he looked at it and determined that he needed to have the landlord call a repairman. In the meantime, his wife was cowering in the kitchen. He finally got it out of her that she feared the beating that was coming. Her ex would beat her when anything broke, no matter who's fault it was, if anyone's. She thought it was normal and that he was going to hit her.

Mirrors my wife's experiences. Her first husband abused her horribly. Three miscarriages, broken nose, broken rib, and more. Forced her to do things that I will not say here. If another man spoke to her, she got a beat-down. I could go on and on. Was allowed to have no life of her own. Endured this for 17 years. When she finally got the courage to leave, the authorities placed her in a safe house for a few weeks until she was able to make arrangements to move out of state.

When we met, ten years later, she was packing a gun, and her sleep was plagued by major panic attacks. We have been married for 21 years, and she still makes a visit, every other month, to her psychiatrist's office. Wonderful woman, I love her with all my heart.

BTW: Karma did catch up with her ex. Diabetes cost him a leg. Didn't take care of himself. Dead by his early 50's. He deserved worse.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

Oh hell yeah, but it just never happened, he was a cop......local sheriff deputy for years....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

So are wenches and winches...

Touché

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

Oh hell yeah, but it just never happened, he was a cop......local sheriff deputy for years....

That's great to hear.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife can back a trailer like a pro. She was nervous as hell the first year or two of someone might make fun of her. After she got over that, it was no big deal. I pull up to the ramp and drop her off and pull back into the water until she brings the trailer.

Took a good friend crappie fishing one day. He kept throwing in the middle of the lake and way off the docks. I tried to coach him but he wasn’t altering his technique any. I caught my limit and he had yet to catch a single fish. I finally told him if he didn’t fish behind the cables or skip under the docks he wasn’t going to catch much as we were probably the 4th or 5th boat to fish this bank already. He finally told me he would get yelled at as a kid if he ever got hung up or lost a lure. I reached down and grad a handful of jigs and threw them in the water. Told him to get over that [bleep] and start fishing. I told him I make my own jigs and there’s probably a 1000 in the boat. He got better but you could still tell he had some severe anxiety anytime he thought he was going to get hung up.

CK
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like it would be easier to teach folks how to operate the boat instead of the truck and trailer, let them drop you off and you fetch the rig!

Maybe .gov should install some ramp etiquette signs for the noobies.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You just can't win at a boat ramp.

I recently took a friend out for the day on a lake, it had a really busy ramp there. We put in no problem and on the way out he claimed to be a trailer backing pro so I let him have at it.

He was right, backed right down there and we were out in a flash, from the boat I told him to pull up to the tie-down area and we'd get situated for the road.

It was a tight area all around but they'd put some thought into its design and it worked really well, the tie-down area had room for at least 3 rigs pullin' trailers to stage.

It was all one way, after the tie-down area you were on a skinny road and then shortly at the main highway.

They have one sign stating "Tie-Down" with an arrow and then "No Parking" signs all along it...

I'm still in the boat, my friend pulls right into the tie-down area and keeps rolling along slowly. I'm waiting for him to stop but he doesn't....
I'm like WTF as we came to the stop sign at the main highway, we needed to stop back there and get our crap outta the boat and tie it down. He said but there was No Parking signs all the way down through there......

....sigh....

Luckily we got a few moments at the stop sign and managed..........

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You just can't win at a boat ramp.

I recently took a friend out for the day on a lake, it had a really busy ramp there. We put in no problem and on the way out he claimed to be a trailer backing pro so I let him have at it.

He was right, backed right down there and we were out in a flash, from the boat I told him to pull up to the tie-down area and we'd get situated for the road.

It was a tight area all around but they'd put some thought into its design and it worked really well, the tie-down area had room for at least 3 rigs pullin' trailers to stage.

It was all one way, after the tie-down area you were on a skinny road and then shortly at the main highway.

They have one sign stating "Tie-Down" with an arrow and then "No Parking" signs all along it...

I'm still in the boat, my friend pulls right into the tie-down area and keeps rolling along slowly. I'm waiting for him to stop but he doesn't....
I'm like WTF as we came to the stop sign at the main highway, we needed to stop back there and get our crap outta the boat and tie it down. He said but there was No Parking signs all the way down through there......

....sigh....

Luckily we got a few moments at the stop sign and managed..........

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
One of my mom's sisters was married to a real dick for a while. In the late 70s, he came home from a bad day fishing on a river and proceeded to try and take it out on my aunt and cousins. Oldest cousin was 15 or 16 at the time, and is one of those girls that redefines the term tomboy. Jack-wad took a swing at her mom and missed... cousin swung a fireplace poker at him that didn't. Then she grabbed him by collar, drug his ass outside and worked on him some more with the poker and then switched to one of her little brother's baseball bats. Dick-weed spent a couple weeks in the hospital recovering and is now one of the meekest men you will ever meet. Won't raise his voice, disagree with anything or even look cross-wise at someone.

If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Holiday weekends

too many fuggin idiots out there

every where

This right here!^^^^ Stay away!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Seems like it would be easier to teach folks how to operate the boat instead of the truck and trailer, let them drop you off and you fetch the rig!

That's what wifey and I decided on. She putts around in the boat while I back in/retrieve the boat. It would be exceptionally rare for my truck/railer to spend any more than 5min total for combined launch/retrieval on an actual launch ramp. I'll wave other folks by if I'm in line but still rigging/prepping to launch and I'll crowd the everliving schiitte of folks who haven't the sense to get outta the way. You wanna play "Chatty Kathy" on the ramp, I'll probably make you think you're about to get run over by someone who doesn't see you.

Wives/kids involved in the launching process earn my silence and/or an offer of assistance if they need it. Same for solo-launchers.

Last edited by horse1; 05/25/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
The gal needs to get the heaviest skillet she's got.....hide behind the doorway and reconfigure that as sholes nose and mouth construction when he walks through!!

Hot grits.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don’t take the boat out anymore.

I just fish from the boat ramp, and let the rugrats and dogs swim around.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 55 invisible), 1,970 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,187
Posts18,465,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.