Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by billhilly
Despite the vile claims of dog breedists, science has shown that there is only one breed of dog: the dog breed.
The fact that pit bulls are only 6.5% of the dog population and yet responsible for 74% of fatal dog attacks has nothing to do with breed.
This is the result of poor dog training.
If we want to stop pit bull attacks, we need to cut the breedist language and focus on giving more money to programs that train pit bulls not to kill so many human children.
After all, there are mixed breeds of dogs, meaning that there is no such thing as breeds of dogs. There is no pure dog breed.
You can help the pit bull struggle for liberation from breedism by becoming a pit bull ally, and standing up to people who claim that pit bull attacks are related to their breed. Arm yourself with the scientific facts that dog breeds are a social construct and all dogs are exactly the same. Then if you’re in public or among friends and family and you find someone saying that pit bulls are dangerous, shut them down.
As long as pit bulls are being oppressed and disenfranchised because of unscientific theories about the existence of “breeds” of dogs, no dog will ever be free.

This is one of the most idiotic posts I’ve ever read on these forums.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
lol

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by kingston
Despite the vile claims of dog breedists, science has shown that there is only one breed of dog: the dog breed.
The fact that pit bulls are only 6.5% of the dog population and yet responsible for 74% of fatal dog attacks has nothing to do with breed.
If we want to stop pit bull attacks, we need to cut the breedist language and focus on giving more money to programs that train pit bulls not to kill so many human children.
After all, there are mixed breeds of dogs, meaning that there is no such thing as breeds of dogs. There is no pure dog breed.
You can help the pit bull struggle for liberation from breedism by becoming a pit bull ally, and standing up to people who claim that pit bull attacks are related to their breed. Arm yourself with the scientific facts that dog breeds are a social construct and all dogs are exactly the same. Then if you’re in public or among friends and family and you find someone saying that pit bulls are dangerous, shut them down.
As long as pit bulls are being oppressed and disenfranchised because of unscientific theories about the existence of “breeds” of dogs, no dog will ever be free.

This is one of the most idiotic posts I’ve ever read on these forums.

Yup...

Pit bulls are the Dindus of the canine world... grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jdm953

Have watched pitts kill other dogs and seen Rotts fight.Rotts are much faster than Pitts.

And, on average, twice the size/weight.

We've had 7 Rotts over the last 25 years or so. Currently have 5 year and 2 year old males. If you've never lived with them, you won't understand the sheer speed and brutal power (although there are other similar breeds..........pits NOT being one of them). But there is NOTHING a man can do to impose his will on a 110,,,,,,,,,,,,125........140 pound Rott (if the dog doesn't wish to have it) without a gun or a good piece of metal.

Fact.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

I carry a 36” hickory heavy axe handle when walking the beagle.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Neighbors had a pit years ago. The wife started screaming one evening! The pit was trying to get at my youngest daughter, she was on top of the slide. I grabbed the old 22 marlin from behind the back door and stepped outside yelling. The pit took off toward home, I got one round off before he went under the fence! Hit him in the nut sack! The neighbor put him down, right there! Thats my only experience with pits, to this day I wont allow one on the property! That was thirty five years ago! It wouldn't have mattered what breed the dog was! But that made me hate pits, fugg pit bulls!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ol_mike

I love a big dose of sarcasm --hahahahahahaahhaaaahhahahaaaa -- good chitt right there !!!

Thank you. Looks like I ran smack into Poe’s law:
“It is impossible these days to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of the views being parodied.”

Pure fugkn genus!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Yoder409

Have watched pitts kill other dogs and seen Rotts fight.Rotts are much faster than Pitts.

We've had 7 Rotts over the last 25 years or so. Currently have 5 year and 2 year old males. If you've never lived with them, you won't understand the sheer speed and brutal power (although there are other similar breeds..........pits NOT being one of them). But there is NOTHING a man can do to impose his will on a 110,,,,,,,,,,,,125........140 pound Rott (if the dog doesn't wish to have it) without a gun or a good piece of metal.

Fact.

Are you, by chance, German?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you are pack'en the best to shoot is between the hips at the base of the spine straight down.

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I’ve 2 half Anatolian half sarplaninac. They are not for everyone and not house dogs. But they aren’t pitbulls either. They are still bred for a purpose. ...

What is that purpose and do you use them for it?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Yoder409

Fact.

Are you, by chance, German?

Es ist durchaus moglich.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I’ve 2 half Anatolian half sarplaninac. They are not for everyone and not house dogs. But they aren’t pitbulls either. They are still bred for a purpose. ...

He's never met a dog he doesn't like.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Not answering for Gruff, but for what I see around here in rural Tn, almost anyone with goats keeps an Anatolian or a Great Pyrenees out with them.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Frequenting lousy neighborhoods and associating (or at least coming in contact with) lousy people will let you meet dangerous dogs, generally.

It is the temperment of the human that mostly determines the temperment of the dog - any dog. Mostly - not entirely. Individual dogs have individual personalities, and breeds have generalized characteristics. Mean, undisciplined people will have mean dogs, and generally not under any control to speak of. I do not trust pits or other "attack" dogs as much as other breeds, simply because they tend to have more bad owners, not because of the breed itself.

When our kids were preschool, we often visited friends who had a Dobie. Amy and the boys entertained each other with chases and shrieking. But then Amy was raised with Labs and thought she was one. Good retriever!

Why, we barely escaped last week from a pit when we went to dump some slash on private property, with no one there. They want it for fill, gate is left open.

Between the ecstatic greeting, demanding petting, and thorough face washing (she was no doubt tasting us for future killing), we had a hard time getting the off-loading done.

Helluva watch dog!

But we kept our dogs in the truck anyway.

Screw the sticks. I carry a M94 when walking our dogs in the "field". Around the neighborhood, maybe (not always), a MkII .22. Dogs are the least of my reasons.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Anyone with any worthwhile knowledge can smell the BS from this.

If there is only a generic dog breed,
explain the physiological differences that require
different medical treatments.

Try giving a dog like Lassie Ivermectin.
Then give it to a dozen other unrelated dogs.
Now, tell me they are all the same.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Smells like satire to me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Call me hooked and landed.

Good one!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Smells like satire to me.

Well played!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
sarcasm and satire are hard to discern from seriousness when you’ve lived most of your life under mama or your wife’s apron.

Must’ve never had your uncle ‘pull your leg’ or even worse, missed out on gettin your ass kicked on a playground.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

They keep toothy critters on the other side of the fence. I've chickens, and horses and house dogs. Any or all of which can/do bring in bear of both flavors, wolves, etc. These guys keep them away. Mine run loose on 10 acres. They are bred for livestock protection, not to look pretty, or sit pretty for the queer at the dog show. Kissing cousins to Ovcharkas etc. There is some variation among the breeds, some (like Kangals) having a reputation for getting people aggressive. Mine are not, though it did get sideways with my male once, my fault for not understanding the breed. I don't care how badass and young dumb and full of puzzyjuice a guy is, the prospect of going toe to toe unarmed with one of these guys if they get nasty is not an idea to be entertained lightly. They are different and respond different to stimuli than your regular pet dog. Not an eggspurt or pretend to be. But I have done a ton of research after getting mine. And no, I am in no way saying I have badazz dogs. I have furry retards that I am rather fond of that have a job and do it well, and love damn near every stranger that they meet.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

MAGA
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,631
Posts18,455,194
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.