Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
You guys get this figured out yet?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Todd_Bradford
Is this Big Stick guy mentally retarded or is the way he posts some kind of troll persona that he sadly thinks is cool or humorous? Trying to read one of his posts is like reading something a dyslexic bipolar crackhead would scribble on the sidewalk in chalk after being shot up with 100 milligrams of thorazine and hit in the head with a shovel.

I know, it's like he's perpetually stuck in puberty.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
I’m a set it and forget it hunter. I’m going to keep buying Leupold products as I’ve never had an issue. I’ve probably owned 30 or more.

I presently own at least 8, maybe 10. I also have never had an issue. As was said, they're light weight, bright and hold zero. They perform fine in low light. I don't crank on my knobs. I set it at the range and when I get out in the field I use Kentucky Windage and hold over. What else could you want?

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Toad,

Your idea of "use",ain't...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Cheer up,I Vudoo. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I'm VERY much enjoying,that your STUPIDITY,is no "act". Hint.

Bless your heart for Trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

Tell your doctor that's it's time to increase the dosage of your medication again. Oh and you might want to bump your therapy sessions up to 2 a week for a while.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higbean

I got a pretty good handle on it, as usual.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 05/24/20.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Higbean

I got a pretty good handle on it, as usual.

Is that a Revic?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Starbuck, I got nuthin but love for ya. If you are passionate enough to write such a dissertation you give more credence to the digital world of ones & zeros than I.

We gotta start somewhere getting USA products back to standards, I support the efforts.

For me that means while I might buy from an American company assembling in the USA though a part or two might be made overseas, I will not support a retail company that sells Chinese options other than that. So, if the company were for instance SWFA or Cameraland and they sold Chinese products, I wouldn’t even by a Leupold from them.

Originally Posted by Starbuck
Johnny L,

For what its worth, just a few thoughts and experiences:

I don't disagree with your discernments on the implications of buying American. And I, too, was a dedicated Gold Ring guy for a long time, owning just under 30 of them at one point. I was a fan boy;
I routinely admonished non-Leupolds in hunting camps and at the range. I truly thought they were the best. And I loved that they were as American made as they could be at their price point.

But, in retrospect, I'll admit that I was both blindly brand loyal and giving them a free pass because of their American roots. Too many times I danced the "Leupold Shuffle" - trying to get rigs sighted in with inconsistent adjustments. Too many times I made and explored other excuses for rigs that didn't hold zero and/or had wondering zero and/or had very inconsistent grouping some days while inexplicably shooting very well on others. The final straw came when the CDS's became popular, and I started dialing for distance more frequently. On 3 of 4 Leupold scopes I owned with turrets designed to be regularly field dialed, I experienced problems with inconsistent tracking and, more frequently, not returning to zero after being dialed. The one that hasn't experienced problems has the older M1 capped turret, which has spent its life on a gas .223, whereas the others were on 300 or 338 mags of one sort or another, so recoil was likely an issue. I'll say that Leupold CS has been nothing short of great, but CS really can't definitively fix fundamental design flaws in their scopes; instead, they bank on the fact that most people don't shoot enough to notice any fundamental shortfalls, or, more commonly nowadays, that people get problem scopes repaired and then send them onto the next person via internet sales.

I embarked on a research journey that led me to find out that many others had routinely experienced the same issues that I had with my beloved Gold Rings. I was hurt. I felt cheated. For a time I didn't know which direction to turn, but I knew I needed more reliable scopes if I was going to continue dialing for shots while hunting. It seemed that with all of the scopes returned to Leupold, they know full well of the issues they have and, by extension, ought to be able to engineer and produce a scope that could stand up to holding and returning to zero. Further, according to my own experiences and those of others, their reliability issues aren't constrained to their lower or mid tier scopes; the issues are also present in their high end offerings.

Eventually, I found my way to a couple of Nightforce scopes and I haven't looked back. Sure, they are pricey and heavier than comparable Leupolds. But they flat out work, even after a beating. And, after they are mounted, you barely notice any weight difference; certainly not enough to throw off a rig's overall utility, and certainly not enough to mean the difference between climbing an extra hill or not. Additionally, they are a company with a substantial manufacturing footprint in the U.S.

I still have low powered Leupolds on a bunch of levers and woods rifles as they are trim and svelt, and they seem to do OK for a time for closer range, set it and forget it type use.

I would love nothing more than for Leupold to make top quality optics I could rely on. Competition mainly benefits the consumer.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 05/24/20.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jud, you do realize John's proprietary scope that he sales (sold) was a Leupold? Of course its solid, matter of fact, the best in the world? the-most-versitile-optic-in-the-world Post5341322 Locking horns is pointless. I have had multiple Leupold failures. Aint nothing anybody can say that will ever change that. That seems to be the case with most Leupold "haters". Most of us were solidly in the Leupold camp and reluctantly forced out when the failures started adding up.

Originally Posted by Judman

It always makes me laugh, the leupold haters, cheerleader haters are always scared to lock horns with burns. Why is that? Is John a liar, doesn’t hunt much, hunts from the truck or doesn’t twist turrets like the elite hot shots here? Makes me laugh, as I’m sure he could probably run any scope he wanted to, but still chooses leupold... 😆😂

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Calvin
Had one of my last leupolds [bleep] the bed today.

Dialed 3 moa right and two moa down to zero. Went 4 moa right and 1 moa up and group size doubled.

This has been my first hand experience, 5+.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ctsmith

Dialed 3 moa right and two moa down to zero. Went 4 moa right and 1 moa up and group size doubled.

I used and recommended Leupolds gir many years I thought they were tops. In 2004 I bought a NF NSX and that's when I saw that the Leupold shuffle was indeed a flaw.
I no longer own a Leupold and won't waste my time on them Amy longer

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ctsmith

This particular leupold had been good up until now but did detect some weirdness last range season but was working up a load so wasn’t sure. Kodiak brown bear, koyokuk moose, several b&c black bears. Was planning on taking it to kodiak again. I will mail it in and doubt it will come back. Probably get a new one I will sell. Fx111 6x42 LR CDS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just threw my last scope in the trash, irons for me

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I endorse your move.

Low speed, high drag
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Judman:

I haven't noticed a direct correlation between number of posts and quality of content.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too many times I danced the "Leupold Shuffle" - trying to get rigs sighted in with inconsistent adjustments. Too many times I made and explored other excuses for rigs that didn't hold zero and/or had wondering zero and/or had very inconsistent grouping some days while inexplicably shooting very well on others. The final straw came when the CDS's became popular, and I started dialing for distance more frequently. On 3 of 4 Leupold scopes I owned with turrets designed to be regularly field dialed, I experienced problems with inconsistent tracking and, more frequently, not returning to zero after being dialed.

Mirrors my experience..

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Judman:

I haven't noticed a direct correlation between number of posts and quality of content.

Starbuck,

No one said anything about quality of content, as 5 posts probably doesn't label you as one of the member's that flips they're lip, or cheerleads on the side lines in every fuucking Leopold thread. Keep up now..

I've a safe full of leupolds, as does family and pards, amazingly they make copious amounts of meats yearly, without a hitch.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sighting in a scope,with a single shot,is beyond refreshing. Hint.

Zero's that stay put,are just as easy to like. Hint.

Tracking that is spectacular and in conjunction with a return to zero,rewrites The Books. Hint.

Another for Toad to cry about. Hint.

LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

10yd parallax don't suck,(2) Mils of erector travel for every ounce of scope mass is a GREAT trade and etched reticles that actually steer boolits,don't suck either. Hint.

Mainly,all of the thangs that Reupold ain't cain't/don't/won't do. Hint.

Not much is fhuqking funnier,than CDS...as a MQ reticle alone,simply thrashes it in ALL regards. Hint.

Just sayin'....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Is this Big Stick guy mentally retarded or is the way he posts some kind of troll persona that he sadly thinks is cool or humorous? Trying to read one of his posts is like reading something a dyslexic bipolar crackhead would scribble on the sidewalk in chalk after being shot up with 100 milligrams of thorazine and hit in the head with a shovel.
Hahahahhah, that's why I put the little retard on ignore.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BlackTart,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you must...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Clueless Fhuqktards would need a co-signer for the muzzle tape alone. Hint.

Bless your heart for Trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Funny guys.

Proves that high post counts do not translate to real world experience.

Originally Posted by Blackheart
Hahahahhah, that's why I put the little retard on ignore.

Low speed, high drag
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1minute, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,853 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,541
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.