Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
Three to 4 days is pretty standard for me, so this practice is the same as you twice a day guys only showering once. The horror!

They said the EMP is a real threat.

No better time to practice than right now during the lockdown.

I am MAGA.
BP-B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
During hunting I will go a few days, then have a whore bath! Dont need the cheeks sticking together while hiking and climbing! The frumunda needs cleaned also!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Three to 4 days is pretty standard for me, so this practice is the same as you twice a day guys only showering once. The horror!

There’s beneficial ‘flora’

And there’s STANK

And God forbid, fomunda cheese

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
During our cool weather I don't shower everyday unless I break a sweat. With out weather lately it's a daily shower and a dunk in the pool.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Silly people.

What are ya gonna do when the Covid gets the water plant operators?

Or, when the Covid becomes water borne?

As long as I have power to run the well, I'm good.
If not, I live by a river. Bathing could get a little intense in the winter, though.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I gotta do something when the balls start sticking to the thigh. That can be 20 hours to 48, depending on weather. My hair starts looking pretty greasy after 24 hours.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My balls need to be scratched

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My wife wouldn't let me in the bed if I didn't shower and I love the feel and smell to much not to shower.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'll bet ya' William Lee Golden of the Oak Ridge Boys is in his glory. You're all gonna look like him soon.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Is it safe to assume you are not troubled by the dreaded " Baboon Azz" ?
There are few things as soothing as a bubble bath, even better w/ some scented candles. I think you would find it therapeutic.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
3 days tops for me. For extended camp trips can do without a bath but gotta wash the hair. Dandruff sucks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Grog say bath once a year plenty good. Especially if fall to bottom of buffalo jump while getting meat out.

Jump in lake with bearskin robe on. Wash clothes same time as bath.

Everything good until next summer now.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
As mentioned, a "Whore's" bath, washing the hairy parts of the body is a lot better than nothing.

In the army we had to shave every day, with a blade in even!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Check this looker out Jim, all the way from Dogpatch USA. laugh

[Linked Image]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Twice while elk hunting we went 10 days without a shower.

We did do the tub wash around the campfire thing.

When we got into town we stopped at a pizza hut for something to eat and had the fastest service i have ever seen.

I took a bath and had to unplug the drain 2 times and had to it once while taking a shower.

I sure felt smaller after that.

When out hunting i can go for days but after 3 or so i need to hit the head with some water.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I shower every morning and I shower every evening after work. The longest I’ve gone without a shower in the past dozen or more years is 1 day and that was after recovering from surgery. Even when I do a fly in-drop off hunt I have to bathe every day or every other day at the least.

I like being clean and I sleep better when I go to bed clean. When we do fly in drop off hunts I’ll uheat water so that I can bathe and wash up, especially when I’m up in Alaska. Being smothered in 100% Deet, covered in dead mosquitoes makes a bath one of life’s simple pleasures and a definite mood changer....for the better. 😁

Luckily my hunting partners are also into their personal hygiene which makes sharing a tent with them much easier. I couldn’t share a tent with a guy that hasn’t showered or bathed in a week. It’s easy enough to stay clean, even in the wilderness. If my partner doesn’t want to bathe during our week or two of hunting then he will be bringing and sleeping in his own tent. Either way is fine with me.

A quick story.....
My buddy and I did a fly out black bear hunt in Alaska. After our second day in camp I decided that an evening bath by the lakeside would be necessary. I heated the water, stacked my clothes and towel neatly and in the order in which I would use it. Towel on top, boxers next, tee shirt, pants, etc. I stripped naked and proceeded to take a much needed, glorious warm “bath” by the edge of the lake. I shampooed, soaped up, rinsed off and put on clean clothes....it was a wonderful feeling being clean and Deet and sweat free. My buddy saw how easy it was and how it improved my overall attitude and outlook so he decided to do the same thing. I explained my system to him and he tried to do the same thing, the same way I did it. Problem was that he didn’t really listen to me nor did he think it necessary to organize his clothes like I did. My buddy is 6’7” and not as self-assured as I am so he wasn’t “comfortable” being buck naked in the wide open but empty wilderness....still he decided to proceed. He stripped naked and in his rush to get done as fast as possible he mistook his fancy Shamwow towel for a washcloth and immediately dunked his towel into the bucket of warm water leaving him with nothing to dry off with. By now he was soaped up when suddenly and out of nowhere a Cessna on floats flies right over him maybe a hundred feet AGL. He was frantically trying to get the soap out of his eyes so he could hastily throw some clothes on. In his rush he dropped his shirt in the lake and dropped his clean pants in the mud. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Here we are in the middle of nowhere, he’s buck naked and we’re being buzzed by a Cessna. He was so flustered by our unexpected guests that his lack of preparations really bit him in the ass. His clean clothes were soaked and muddy and his once dry towel was now soaked. He had not followed my process because he always had a better way of doing things but that day, actually the entire trip, seemed to change the dynamics of our relationship and from then on he’d listen to me and do things the way I did them, at least as it pertained to fishing and hunting. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Not really. Two days without a shower is too much for me.

No hunting for you then.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I shower every morning and I shower every evening after work. The longest I’ve gone without a shower in the past dozen or more years is 1 day and that was after recovering from surgery. Even when I do a fly in-drop off hunt I have to bathe every day or every other day at the least.

I like being clean and I sleep better when I go to bed clean. When we do fly in drop off hunts I’ll uheat water so that I can bathe and wash up, especially when I’m up in Alaska. Being smothered in 100% Deet, covered in dead mosquitoes makes a bath one of life’s simple pleasures and a definite mood changer....for the better. 😁

Luckily my hunting partners are also into their personal hygiene which makes sharing a tent with them much easier. I couldn’t share a tent with a guy that hasn’t showered or bathed in a week. It’s easy enough to stay clean, even in the wilderness. If my partner doesn’t want to bathe during our week or two of hunting then he will be bringing and sleeping in his own tent. Either way is fine with me.

A quick story.....
My buddy and I did a fly out black bear hunt in Alaska. After our second day in camp I decided that an evening bath by the lakeside would be necessary. I heated the water, stacked my clothes and towel neatly and in the order in which I would use it. Towel on top, boxers next, tee shirt, pants, etc. I stripped naked and proceeded to take a much needed, glorious warm “bath” by the edge of the lake. I shampooed, soaped up, rinsed off and put on clean clothes....it was a wonderful feeling being clean and Deet and sweat free. My buddy saw how easy it was and how it improved my overall attitude and outlook so he decided to do the same thing. I explained my system to him and he tried to do the same thing, the same way I did it. Problem was that he didn’t really listen to me nor did he think it necessary to organize his clothes like I did. My buddy is 6’7” and not as self-assured as I am so he wasn’t “comfortable” being buck naked in the wide open but empty wilderness....still he decided to proceed. He stripped naked and in his rush to get done as fast as possible he mistook his fancy Shamwow towel for a washcloth and immediately dunked his towel into the bucket of warm water leaving him with nothing to dry off with. By now he was soaped up when suddenly and out of nowhere a Cessna on floats flies right over him maybe a hundred feet AGL. He was frantically trying to get the soap out of his eyes so he could hastily throw some clothes on. In his rush he dropped his shirt in the lake and dropped his clean pants in the mud. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Here we are in the middle of nowhere, he’s buck naked and we’re being buzzed by a Cessna. He was so flustered by our unexpected guests that his lack of preparations really bit him in the ass. His clean clothes were soaked and muddy and his once dry towel was now soaked. He had not followed my process because he always had a better way of doing things but that day, actually the entire trip, seemed to change the dynamics of our relationship and from then on he’d listen to me and do things the way I did them, at least as it pertained to fishing and hunting. 😁
. my buddy walked into the lake last September. He had been in the bush 1.5 months IIRC. I don't blame him but I'd have never found my nuts back. I can handle a few days and then some, especially with a few nice big wet ones. I'd feel better with a shower or bath, but I've done it when its sub zero with heated water and I only 'needed" it once during a week long spell...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Oh yeah, the Cessna, WTH, I KNOW they couldn't see a damn thing at 100 feet.. could care less. LMAO

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
85 members (338reddog, 308ld, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,582 guests, and 752 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,759
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.