Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Hastings
I'm doing my part. The neighborhood dogs I speak of basically live among a rural ghetto, have no human interaction other than living under the houses of their home base. They get whatever food is thrown out and come to my place to eat calf excrement and afterbirth. I drove in one day recently just in time to save a 300 lb. heifer that had been cut out of the herd by no less than 5 big dogs. They had already pulled off the end of her tail and had run her through the open gate of the corral just as I drove up. I only got one pregnant female as they saw me and hightailed it for home. The neighbors understand that "Bobo" isn't coming home if I see him. They never mention a disappearance.

So you’ve really killed 200+ pit bulls ? Must be the most deaf, dumb, blind and heavily medicated “trailer park people” around your heifer ranch.
These are country blacks that don't buy dog food and don't control breeding. I actually believe they don't much care about the dogs. They have to know what's happening if they even miss them at all. I did lose a 330 Conibear that one dog took home with him and died in the front yard. If I've only averaged 5 a year for 32 years that's 160. It's more than that. Also we quit counting hogs years ago at 300 so there is a lot of shooting. Then there is our rifle range on the place.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Heym06
Neighbors had a pit years ago. The wife started screaming one evening! The pit was trying to get at my youngest daughter, she was on top of the slide. I grabbed the old 22 marlin from behind the back door and stepped outside yelling. The pit took off toward home, I got one round off before he went under the fence! Hit him in the nut sack! The neighbor put him down, right there!

Nice shot!

LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Anybody that rides around town with two Heelers off leash is a fugking moron.

I'd leave 'em sitting outside stores too, with the bicycle, never more than a few minutes tho, and only where I could look out the window.

One time I was running just the bigger one by herself and she was ahead of me on the sidewalk, a dog guy says "if you're chasing her it ain't working". Those two dogs would respond to quiet hisses to return to heel and finger snaps to sit. So I hissed and the dog turned on a dime, snapped my fingers and she sat next to the bike. One thing I could never her to do by herself tho was remain in place while I rode away from her. The smaller one would do that, and both would if I was on foot.

Both dogs eventually got too old for it..... eventually died at home.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I have their ashes, my aunt had her own ashes scattered with those of her beloved newfie/lab mutt. I thought about doing the same with these two but that seems like a burden to lay upon my son, doesn't really matter anyhow.

My present heeler is hardly ever on a leash either, she will run at heel alongside a bike the same way she walks at heel, but she ain't steady enough to run next to a bike around traffic. No trouble at all to hike with tho...

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by Heym06
Neighbors had a pit years ago. The wife started screaming one evening! The pit was trying to get at my youngest daughter, she was on top of the slide. I grabbed the old 22 marlin from behind the back door and stepped outside yelling. The pit took off toward home, I got one round off before he went under the fence! Hit him in the nut sack! The neighbor put him down, right there!

Nice shot!

LOL

Indeed.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Anybody that rides around town with two Heelers off leash is a fugking moron.

Don't know Birdie or his dogs. But I have known a few heelers where a heel or stay command was as good as any leash.

I wish my granddaughter's old english bulldog bitch had a bit better obedience training. I was holding her, out here at the fish pond behind the house last week. I told her to sit, but she jumped up to run to my granddaughter. I snapped the leash when she hit the end of it, and she sat back down.

But about two minutes later she was up and going again. Man, I really hit the leash hard the second time. It was a darned substantial leash, 1 inch nylon webbing. I was surprised as hell when it broke right in the middle. I ended up on my ass, and the dog ended up free to run to her "Momma". Momma thumped her pretty good when she got there so it was not a complete positive enforcement of a bad behavior.

I see the kids have a horse's lead rope on the bull dog now. She isn't going to break this one.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
English Bull Dogs do not come cheap.

I'd think they'd want to invest in keeping it a good dog.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't know Birdie or his dogs. But I have known a few heelers where a heel or stay command was as good as any leash.

Good examples of the herding breeds have a drive to learn and obey commands, I found all three of our heelers really easy to train, and in photos I have noticed they are frequently looking at me, watching for visual clues even when I weren't aware of it. That third one tho is too impulsive, she'll check immediately if I call her back but, try as I might, she still occasionally thinks about herding passing cars.

Of course, not all dog breeds are the same. IMHO the hound breeds are the worst when it comes to trainability, all they wanna do is run off and follow their nose, exactly what they were bred for.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Good examples of the herding breeds have a drive to learn and obey commands, I found all three of our heelers really easy to train, and in photos I have noticed they are frequently looking at me, watching for visual clues even when I weren't aware of it. That third one tho is too impulsive, she'll check immediately if I call her back but, try as I might, she still occasionally thinks about herding passing cars.

Of course, not all dog breeds are the same. IMHO the hound breeds are the worst when it comes to trainability, all they wanna do is run off and follow their nose, exactly what they were bred for.

Whippets are very trainable. Hence the numerous obedience, rally, and agility ribbons/titles my wife has worked her dogs through. Our dogs even get complimented when we take them to town...............on a leash.

That said, DO NOT release a small animal in the obedience ring when a whippet is trying to follow commands. Their obedience mind shuts off and the chase and kill mind takes over

Last edited by Valsdad; 05/25/20.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
When I lived in California my wife was walking our JRT's one day. All of a sudden I heard this blood curling screaming and my wife pounding on the bedroom window for help. I took off running through the house thing WTF was going on. Went through the garage and picked up my set of escrima sticks and got outside to see the neighbors pit bull chewing the the [bleep] out of 2 of my dogs. I quickly administered a barrage of " stick time" on ole Blue's head. The dumb ass Asian owner came running over to get her dog. Too fuucking late. Ole Blue fuucked with the wrong dog owner. Owner had to pay for all the surgeries for our dogs. Just glad my wife did not get bit. Fuuck pit bulls

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That is a GOOD pit bull story.

I personally hate them with a passion.

Years ago when we lived in Bozeman my wife called me crying and said she had been walking our little 15lb Maltese/Poodle(on a leash) when a young pit came running up and took a bite at our dogs neck. Wife reached down and scooped up our dog who had luckily only been nipped. In the process wife gets nipped.

I was out at the range and hauled ass back into town hoping to find the dog as I was raging pissed and had planned on shooting the cocksuucker on site. I knew the dog and the dumbass bitch that owned the dog. Of course the woman had taken her dog back inside so I had to call the cops.

Our dog only needed a couple stitches but I still get pissed thinking about that DUMB cuunt and her worthless dog.

Animal control took the dumb cuunts dog and did the rabies quarantine but it was negative so they gave her a warning. I've always wondered if it attacked again...

Makes me sick.

Last edited by SamOlson; 05/25/20.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by billhilly
The fact that pit bulls are only 6.5% of the dog population and yet responsible for 74% of fatal dog attacks has nothing to do with breed.
This is the result of poor dog training.

That's one stupid quote. Sure training or lack of it will affect how a dog turns out but dogs are bred for a purpose. Ever wonder why bloodhounds are used to track or pointers are used to point? It's not just because those trainers are good at teaching a dog to track or point, it's because the dog was bred to do a job and the trainer hopefully didn't screw it up! I've seen a lot of dogs that could do what they were bred to do, regardless of training and pit bulls are no exception.

Originally Posted by billhilly
Smells like satire to me.
Noted..... wink

Also, if Rotts could take out Pits with regularity, you'd see the dog-fighting rings all using Rotts. They're using Pits due to their results, not due to their reputation.

Pitts are stupid and want to fight (kill).Rotts dont so wouldnt be a fight.How hard can this be?

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jdm953
Pitts are stupid and want to fight (kill).Rotts dont so wouldnt be a fight.How hard can this be?

American pit bull terriers have been bred since the second half of the 19th century, for fighting and other purposes, this breed was once considered a symbol of the United States, how come only since some time in the 1980s and 1990s did they get a reputation of this killer dog? Is it magic? Or are Campfire members succumbing to emotional canine hysteria?

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
[Linked Image from cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Dogs may have access to drugs these days....

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lapua6547
When I lived in California my wife was walking our JRT's one day. All of a sudden I heard this blood curling screaming and my wife pounding on the bedroom window for help. I took off running through the house thing WTF was going on. Went through the garage and picked up my set of escrima sticks and got outside to see the neighbors pit bull chewing the the [bleep] out of 2 of my dogs. I quickly administered a barrage of " stick time" on ole Blue's head. The dumb ass Asian owner came running over to get her dog. Too fuucking late. Ole Blue fuucked with the wrong dog owner. Owner had to pay for all the surgeries for our dogs. Just glad my wife did not get bit. Fuuck pit bulls

If I had a nickel for every time my escrima sticks saved my ass...

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L

Good for you....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by jdm953

American pit bull terriers have been bred since the second half of the 19th century, for fighting and other purposes, this breed was once considered a symbol of the United States, how come only since some time in the 1980s and 1990s did they get a reputation of this killer dog? Is it magic? Or are Campfire members succumbing to emotional canine hysteria?

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
[Linked Image from cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com]

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Around here Pits are ghetto dogs. They're all over the ghetto running loose and knocking up any dog that comes along. As a result, the local Humane Society usually consists of about 70% Pit or Pit mixes.

https://www.lexingtonhumanesociety.org/pets/dog

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Good for you....

Next time use the nunchuka's.

Less chance of losing one.

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L

Good for you....

Next time use the nunchuka's.

Less chance of losing one.

I don't lose shiit....

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
For some reason in Montana pitbulls with multiple attacks are not destroyed and owners aren't even cited.

Always seems the the dum fat [bleep] love their precious rescued pitbulls.

Originally Posted by SamOlson
That is a GOOD pit bull story.

I personally hate them with a passion.

Years ago when we lived in Bozeman my wife called me crying and said she had been walking our little 15lb Maltese/Poodle(on a leash) when a young pit came running up and took a bite at our dogs neck. Wife reached down and scooped up our dog who had luckily only been nipped. In the process wife gets nipped.

I was out at the range and hauled ass back into town hoping to find the dog as I was raging pissed and had planned on shooting the cocksuucker on site. I knew the dog and the dumbass bitch that owned the dog. Of course the woman had taken her dog back inside so I had to call the cops.

Our dog only needed a couple stitches but I still get pissed thinking about that DUMB cuunt and her worthless dog.

Animal control took the dumb cuunts dog and did the rabies quarantine but it was negative so they gave her a warning. I've always wondered if it attacked again...

Makes me sick.

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
360 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 40 invisible), 2,033 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.