Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
We've had Farmer's for 20+ years and they've always done well by us claims-wise but I still like to shop around from time to time to ensure they're staying competitive. The way I look at it, if a company doesn't take care of you after an event/accident, it doesn't matter how cheap they are but staying with a company for 20+ years is a long time and probably not the best plan in terms of rates. That being said, I'd like to hear who you use for one/both and A) how they've handled your claims if you've had one and B) how they compare to other companies if you've shopped around lately. Thank you!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
American National Property and Causality or "ANPC" So far they've been great, a lot more coverage for the same money as the Farm Bureau. My daughter totaled a new 2 week old car and son totaled a 06 Duramax 4x4, never even had to haggle over the payouts. My home owners insurance covers leased farms and hunting lands liabilities.

Life is good live it while you can.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Some will say bad stuff about progressive but after State Farm done us wrong they have been fantastic.

Since using them i have had 2 wrecks and one hail storm on the wife's caddy.

They went after the other 2 insurance companies after they ran into me from behind.

The other was a high school girl playing with her phone and side swiped my truck while parked at a friends house.

The main reason going to them in the first place was the price.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Allstate here, no real complaints but no huge claims either, my son had a fender bender and they came through just fine.

I will always be grateful to Progressive though. One year thirty years ago I picked up four tickets (no wrecks) on a motorcycle and they were the only one that would insure me, and did so at a reasonable price.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Erie has been good for us.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Progressive- - - - - -might as well contribute to the DNC directly. Your money goes to the same place. State Farm- - - -be prepared to start settlement negotiations on the courthouse steps on the way to trial. We've had Celina for home and auto for several years at a really good "bundle" rate, but we've never made a claim on either one. No idea how well they handle paying out instead of picking our pockets!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had PEMCO for 40 years. They have treated us right.

If I were shopping I would look at USAA.

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
My first quote was from Geico and, for the 1st time ever, it was cheaper than Farmers (by $94/mth)! From what I've seen, they do a good job on claims but I'd still like to hear actual experience good or bad so I know where to go or not go for more quotes.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had farmers for years and then switched to USAA. I will never go back. They saved me a ton. If you have any military family connections, USAA is something you should look at.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We had State Farm for 32 years. Last month they raised my rates $35.00 a month out of the blue while everyone else was getting rebates. I switched to Geico and it was $109.00 a month cheaper for identical coverage.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Worth checking every 3 or 4 years but keep in mind they want loyalty and they aren't going to give you their best rates if they see you switch every 2 yrs.

Also...i represented 18 companies over the years with a couple different agencies. Allstate and state farm are bottom of the barrel. Wouldn't insure a dog house with them. Sad because SF went from best to worst in about 5 years. Fired all their good people and went to college grads who knew nothing, trying to compete with 800 number insurance companies on price.

Motorists and Erie and usaa are great companies, as are grange and most of the mutuals.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We had ANPAC for almost 18 years for home and auto. They treated us OK but decided to "check around" for S's & G's. The Hartford quote was outrageous, even for AARP. Got screwed by Allstate over 30 years ago and wouldn't even consider them. Have had Safeco, Farmers and American Family in the past and they were all OK back then. Wife did some additional research and said Clark Howard had Auto-Owners Insurance listed as one of the top five in the country - we called a local independent A-O representative for a quote. For comparable policies to what we had with ANPAC, A-O was able to reduce home and auto premiums by almost 45%. We made the switch, so will see if it works out.

BTW - compared to the other quotes we got, ANPAC came in 3rd.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Yes...that's the other one I was trying to remember. Auto owners. Very good people.

Also as someone else said...price doesn't mean a damn thing at claim time. You want hassle free support.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have state farm and its been great. Wife ran into a tree in our yard and they wrote it up as a act of nature.

Now our premiums jumped 100/month but Michigan has recently changed insurance laws so I need to talk to our guy about what the hell is going on.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Have gotten good rates from MetLife; but it's time to check them

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last month I shopped for auto and home insurance. Thought I could get a better deal, if I bundled them with the same company...... WRONG!

Geico beat everyone on car insurance by about $400 every 6 months and Allstate had the best home insurance by about $450 per year. On the autos, I was comparing apples to apples. I read from my current declaration page exactly what I wanted. On the house insurance, I told them the same facts and let them recommend the coverage. Allstate had the highest replacement coverage and the highest content coverage for the least money.

Just my .02

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Hartford thru AARP about 7 yrs - no claims but rates creeped up a little
at first, then more. Switched to USAA 10 yrs ago,will stay forever.
OldCuss

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Sure...you can use Allstate if you want. But just switch before you have a claim because they will look for every loophole to not pay you. I worked there and left after a year due to just being sick of that sort of [bleep].

Last edited by mjbgalt; 05/25/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can't beat USAA!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If you or a family member has served in the military USAA is the way to go.

I've been with them since the early 80s. Auto first, then renters insurance, later homeowners ins. Also have my Credit Cards thru USAA Savings Bank. They don't insure motorcycles, but partner with Progressive for coverage, so I ended up with a USAA Member Progressive Motorcycle Policy.

Have filed four auto claims thru them b/w 2000 and last year. Two-car my fault, two-car not my fault but other driver didn't stop, two-car other driver's fault with police report, etc. Nothing totaled, no injuries. Claims/repairs/payment fast and easy. No rate increases - long-term member plus had enough time b/w accidents so their forgiveness policy was in place. They never sent out an adjuster in person - take to bodyshop of my choice, get estimate, bodyshop communicates directly with USAA, get repairs, shop paid directly from USAA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,712 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,642
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.