-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For sale: Model 24/47 Yugoslavian Mauser, 8x57 plus original accessories.

Pictures tell the story. This is an issued and obviously used military rifle but it's still in very good shape mechanically. It was stored in cosmoline which has been removed. Bolt has been force matched to the receiver meaning its original serial number did not match but a matching number was stamped on top of the bolt handle. They did a good job, my batch of Prvi brass is on its 5th firing of full power loads with no signs of headspace issues. Rifle was made at Factory 44 as the writing on the left receiver wall says.

Comes with accessories shown - bayonet (which I almost don't want to give up 'cause it feels so freakin' bad ass just holding it wink ), bayonet scabbard and frog, sling and studs and cleaning pack with brush, combo solvent and oiler bottle. Leather is old and stiff and could use some restorative TLC but is otherwise sound.

Even though this is Yugoslavian it is pure M98 including the third locking lug, flag safety and C shaped extractor cut. The bore is in great shape, clean and bright with strong rifling. The group shown below is 5 shots at 100 yards and measures right about 1 3/4" center to center with the top four shots just under an inch (the colored bars are 1/2" each) so it shoots pretty good for a military Mauser.

Price is $295 shipped. I'll be glad to answer any questions but first "I'll take it" gets it. No trades needed. Money order or other certified funds only.

Your FFL dealer must accept shipment from a private individual. As always, if you are not satisfied with this in any way you may return it in the same condition as received before making the FFL transfer and I would refund your money less the actual cost of shipping. Remember, once you transfer ownership, it's yours.

I will also offer a Mojo rear sight with this. It is fully adjustable for windage and elevation and is a no gunsmithing peep sight that goes in the rear sight mount - you just remove the rear sight and snap this into place. Even though it is barrel mounted these sights are surprisingly effective and much easier to use than the issued shallow V. The group shown was shot with this sight. These sell for $79 plus shipping but if you want it I'll sell it with the rife for an additional $35.

Link to full picture gallery

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I bought Dad one of those for $79 YEARS ago when I worked in the Wholesale Firearms Industry and we had a Warehouse Full to the brim with them!

His was amazingly accurate! And the bayonet was very cool!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This was part of a batch sold by Classic Firearms some years ago. I've been using it with the Mojo sight to ring steel at 200 yards, a 12x12" target is easy peasy to hit.

Bumpola.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Налетим на веце

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Nice 98!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'll take it with the sight,Jim. PM sent.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Sold pending funds.

Thank you!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1234, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 51 invisible), 2,026 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,087
Posts18,463,935
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.