Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/a...-foam-to-silence-mustangs-noisy-exhaust/
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

We’ve probably all been woken up by a neighbor with a loud exhaust at some point in our lives, but how many of us have acted on it?

We’d guess very few, but that’s certainly not the case this time around.

In a Facebook post, Aaron Robinson uploaded a picture of his car’s exhaust system apparently filled with Great Stuff foam. The post was accompanied by a letter allegedly written by an angry neighbor.

It reads “I finally found you! You want our attention, you don’t want our attention. You have 14 days to fix the mufflers or put the stock [exhaust] back on.” It then threatened “Don’t egg us on, you will only regret it. We encourage you to call the police [or] install video [cameras], nothing will work.” It then finished by saying “Fix your muffler!”

While you can’t take things on the internet at face value, Robinson insisted the incident happened and replied to a comment suggesting he filed a police report. He also said “I hope someone gets covid and dies a slow painful death over this.”

That’s going a bit too far, but damaging someone’s vehicle is obviously illegal and uncalled for. However, a number of people can probably sympathize with the alleged neighbor.

Ford has been offering a ‘Good Neighbor Mode’ on Mustang GT’s with the optional performance exhaust system since 2017
Interestingly enough, the Facebook user appears to own a newer Ford Mustang. While the car is apparently equipped with an aftermarket exhaust, the Mustang GT offers a Quiet Exhaust Mode which adjusts the optional performance exhaust system to be about 10 decibels quieter than usual (see it in action in the video above).

When the system was announced in 2017, Ford referred to it as “Good Neighbor Mode” and said the idea came from engineer Steve von Foerster. As the company explained, he was driving his Shelby GT350 one morning and a neighbor called police over the car’s loud exhaust.

Last edited by Lennie; 05/26/20.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We will see how this works out.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It can be difficult to maintain a nice neighborhood these days.

The old timers here have a simple word of advice. "Conform."

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chickens h ! t mother fkr's right there...karma is a bitch

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i was running my charger with open headers, the neighbors stopped by the house and offered to give 200 to buy mufflers. I didn't take the money but did get a couple of race mufflers and installed exhaust cut-outs so I could open the headers without taking everything off. the car would set off car alarms in any parking lot i drove by.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ha this makes me laugh. I have loud mufflers on my Bronco, not glass paks though, just Flowmasters.
My 80 year old neighbors just told me this weekend how much they love hearing them. There's a reason I don't want to move off my street. Neighbors are everything.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Shove a potato a foot or more up the tailpipe with a broomstick- - - - - - -THEN use the Great Stuff!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a '19 GT with the PP1 and active exhaust is an option, it's not on every car and is not on mine.

The aftermarket cat-backs can be loud, very loud obnoxiously loud and stupid as fk'!

OTOH, to intentionally jack with someones personal property, and that is probably a grand for the cat-back is criminal.

Surely a male with no balls, he needs a can of great stuff up his ass!

Dave

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Ha this makes me laugh. I have loud mufflers on my Bronco, not glass paks though, just Flowmasters.
My 80 year old neighbors just told me this weekend how much they love hearing them. There's a reason I don't want to move off my street. Neighbors are everything.

80 year olds just love hearing anything.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RDW
I have a '19 GT with the PP1 and active exhaust is an option, it's not on every car and is not on mine.

The aftermarket cat-backs can be loud, very loud obnoxiously loud and stupid as fk'!

OTOH, to intentionally jack with someones personal property, and that is probably a grand for the cat-back is criminal.

Surely a male with no balls, he needs a can of great stuff up his ass!

I'd have to hear both sides of the story before I rendered judgement.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Neighborhood Watch boomers wearing the mercenary hat too.

😃

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by BKinSD

80 year olds just love hearing anything.

I thought that very same thing

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My son will back his Chevelle SS 396 out of his garage and just let it sit there and idle so his neighbors can enjoy it too!

Harry
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I don't really mind the sound of a well-tuned performance car. What burns me is loud, obscene C-rap music blaring from the groids' section 8 house down the street.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JeffyD
What burns me is loud, obscene C-rap music blaring from the groids' section 8 house down the street.

One of my neighbors was headed home with a truckload of firewood he had just cut and stopped into a local convenience store for a 6 pack of beer. A bilnged-out Escalade pulled in beside him with the subwoofers thumping "Bump-Bump-Mofo- - - -Bump-Bump Mofo" at max volume while the driver went inside for a couple of 40-ounce cans of malt liquor and a pack of blunts. My buddy donated a quart of "leather conditioner" (AKA bar and chain oil) to the driver's seat before leaving the parking lot.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would like to see that done to a few keyboards here on the 'Fire.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Some people are just dickheads. The corksmokers with loud pipes that tear ass through neighborhoods, the ghetto trash who crank up their car stereos with the windows down and the puzzy neighborhood vigilante who vandalizes other people’s property are all jackasses. Same goes for those jerks tooling along in the left lane holding up traffic. Screw ‘em all.
And stay off my lawn!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JeffyD
I don't really mind the sound of a well-tuned performance car. What burns me is loud, obscene C-rap music blaring from the groids' section 8 house down the street.

How about a highly tuned and modified Honda Civic?

Nothing like blood flowing out of your ears as a car hits a whopping 27mph.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Probably the worst up here are jacked up diesel pickups with 8 inch exhausts and Harleys with straight pipes.

The diesels put out large clouds of stinking black smoke. Glad I don't have their fuel bill.

Timing can be everything. Often the complaints arise in residential areas when the owner starts the truck at 0530 and let's it idle for 50 minutes before leaving. Ignorant.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AB2506
Probably the worst up here are jacked up diesel pickups with 8 inch exhausts and Harleys with straight pipes.

Those people should be shot.

In the face.

Repeatedly.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,681
Posts18,456,303
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.