Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
So for the 16 gauge Guru's I have been looking at the usual spots about a 16 gauge I dug out of the back of the safe, is there anyone that might be a good resource for the reasonable value of one of these Ehrhardt Lauf shotguns, it would say it is average condition for a 100 year old gun, I see there is a wide range of prices on the ones that have sold, this and vintage 16 gauge Model 12 are taking up space in the safe. Thanks for any info.

Capt. John
www.autumnwings.com
www.txduckhunts.com - "The Home of Quack and Squeal Hunts"

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
John:

Some pictures would really help in valuing the gun, as would a more complete description. Barrel length, weight, condition, stock dimensions, ejectors or extractors, and engraving, among other things, really impact the valuation. You could have a $500 gun or a $3000 gun.

Rem

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Also on water table will have proof marks for smokeless or black powder, chamber length , etc.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What is the proof date? 100 years old would mean a nitro proof and 65mm chambers. Is it tight? Is it worn and on the flats? Is the stock cracked at the cheeks or tang? You use the term Erhardt Lauf as the maker. Erhardt was simply the barrel maker, not the gunmaker. Heinrich Erhardt was a barrel maker in Dusseldorf. He made a lot of barrels for Meffert. Is this a Meffert gun? Does it say Hubertus on it?

Depending on maker, model, and condition it's wroth between $50.00 and ????? on up.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I guess he didn't get anyone to bite the common internet sales ploy.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Windbridge, FYI I have many things going on to daily see what is posted here, sorry for the delay yes it will be for sale, and I will get some more information, I sell thousands of items a year on the internet and wont apologize for that.

It shoots 2-3/4 shells, auto extractors, cocking indicators, very tight, shot the gun quite a bit when I was a kid, but been in the safe for years. I will check for other markings.

Thanks for the help.

Capt. John
www.autumnwings.com
C
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
On the right barrel it is stamped "RHENMETALL" left barrel is stamped "ABT.SOMMERDA."

Seral number I assume is the number stamped 44439

Assume F on each side indicates a full choke

a circled 16 and a 16 must indicate both barrels are 16 gauge

each side has what I would say a "lion" emblem

All these markings are action after the barrels are removed near what I would call the hinge area but not a double barrel guy LOL

Where would any manufacture name be on the gun.

Thanks,

Capt. John
www.autumnwings.com
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A circled 16 denotes proof for 2 1/2 inch chambers. That age of gun they were all 2 1/2 in. chambers. 2 3/4 chambers in German shotguns were very, very, very uncommon until after the war. Unless you know they've been opened up or you've measured them or had them measured, you have to assume they're 2 1/2 chambers. You can shoot 2 3/4 shells in 2 1/2 in. chambers but opinions are divided on the subject.

Until quite a while after the war, German proofs NEVER denoted how much choke. A crown over a "W" denoted a choked bore but NEVER the amount of choke. I have no idea what the F might stand for unless someone stamped it on there later. It's entirely possible there is no name of any kind on the gun. There is A PILE of unmarked German firearms out there, I have a few. I mean, well, you thought the maker was Erhardt Lauf…….if that's the case, ol' "Lauf" made the majority of German guns as his name is stamped on an awful lot of them. Is it Rhenmetall or Rheinmetall? A lion on the side....side of what, the receiver?

If you can take the time to take different pictures of different views of the gun and all the proof marks on the bottom of the barrels and on the water table, I might be able to help you.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 1badf350, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,686 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.