Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
and Clay Smiley. Some of you will know him. He's a nice fellow who is always willing to help. This is an example of his customer service.

I ordered a Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter frame from the US through PR. Everything went smoothly, and despite the COVID stuff, wasn't delayed. When I received the frame, there was no hinge pin. The hinge pin is what holds the barrel on the frame and is the pivot point when opening it. Here is a pic of the where the hinge pin is located.

[Linked Image from bevfitchett.us]

I emailed asking if a hinge pin was supposed to come with the frame. I looked through the box, but there wasn't one. The same thing happened with my TC Contender. No pin. I emailed PR and Clay answered within 5 minutes. According to Clay, the pin is shipped with the barrel. Since I have always ordered aftermarket barrels for my other TCs from Match Grade Machine, I never received any.

Clay doesn't carry hinge pins, but he is going to get one for me, if possible. When this happened several years ago with my Contender, I had to request a hinge pin through a Cdn importer because the US manufacturer was not allowed to ship them direct. They are a gun part. crazy A small piece of 3/4 inch long, SS round stock.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I suspect he will be able to get one, but regardless, his quick response was very much appreciated!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
GB1

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Clay and all the folks at Prophet River are first rate people. For the pst 10 plus years all my firearms, most of my optics and good deal of my reloading supplies come from Prophet River.

When I lived in Calgary (up until February this year) we had a Wholesale Sports (for a while until they folded) Bass Pro and Cabela's yet I always ended up on the phone or email with Prophet River. It was easier and more pleasant to buy stuff in Lloydminster when I was in Calgary.

Steve glad to hear Clay will take care of you, no surprise at all he is very committed to creating happy customers.

All the best.

GRF

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
PR /Clay are just awesome to deal with! I was wrapping up work in Edmonton a month ago but didn't know if I'd be done in time to drive 3 hours to the store before it closed to pick up my order on my way back to Manitoba. So I'm sitting in my motel doing up my order but not checking the p/u or mail box till I had a better idea in the morning.

All of a sudden I get an e-mail from Clay asking if there was anything he could help me with on my order if I was having problems, 8:30 pm! I explained my travel time dilemma and he said- no problem that if I couldn't get there before they closed, just to call him and he would take my order home with him & I could p/u at his place!!!! Now who does that??

I'm sure Clay will have your pin quickly Steve!

Last edited by 450yukon; 05/26/20.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have ordered quite a bit from Clay over the years.

The first time we chatted directly was when he wanted a special run of Ruger No 1s in 303 British.

I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prophet River is a great store to deal with.

So is Bashaw Sports. They don't have much on the Internet, you have to call them. Amazing what they carry for a store in a very small town in Alberta.

I've also ordered stuff from Shooter's Choice 2014 in Vulcan AB. The owner is also a pleasure to deal with.

I also had a great experience with Irunguns importing a rifle from the Kentucky for me.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I have ordered quite a bit from Clay over the years.

The first time we chatted directly was when he wanted a special run of Ruger No 1s in 303 British.

I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Steve;
Good day to you sir, I hope the day's a nice one out east and this finds you all well.

It surprises me not one bit that you and the rest of the respondents here have had good experience with Clayton.

If I'm not wrong he used to post here on occasion and again if memory serves that's how I contacted him for the first of many of our dealings.

He and his staff have always been fair, courteous and good at communications, which as you know seems to be a rare commodity in business these days.

Thanks for the positive thread sir and all the best to you folks as we head into summer. Stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have had consistently good service from Clay and his staff at Prophet River. They have an excellent selection of "higher than average" quality merchandise, something I really appreciate. But what really sets a business apart is how they handle customers when something goes wrong. I have had several "problems" with purchases from them over the years. Faulty merchandise that the store was unaware of, items damaged in shipping, or items found to be unsuitable for my purposes once it was in hand. I was always quickly and efficiently taken care of, and a reasonable, mutually agreeable solution was quickly provided. That earns my respect and repeat business.

Last edited by castnblast; 05/27/20.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 24 invisible), 1,950 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,172
Posts18,465,369
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.