Page 9 of 44 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 43 44
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
You seen most cop wives?

i co-taught a sunday school class with an urban cop once upon a time, far away.

i never did get to meet his wife like i wanted to. she was younger than he and i.

a lot of the cops i've run into have power & control complexes. they're very powerful beings.

they can order you around, carry a gun, and knock you up side the head if they feel like it.

add race to the mixture, and no wonder young males with testosterone running through their veins object.

what to do about it? well, what can be done about it? ears are alert, eyes are open. and everyone is paying taxes.

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It's been awhile since my last anatomy course but I'm pretty sure there are two carotid arteries plus two others (vertebral?) that supply blood to the brain. This is why it is entirely possible to live and be asymptomatic with even with one carotid fully blocked. From this I'll speculate that the knee to the neck likely has little to do with the death.

That is not to say the officer(s) have no culpability in the death, just that the most unsettling images are not the cause in my opinion. They make for a good case of abuse but are not a contributor in the death. Instead, I feel it is more likely the cause of death will be excitable delerium or positional asphyxiation. Both are not common but officers should be aware of the possibilities.

Excitable delerium is often the result of cocaine, meth, and some designer drug usage. It often presents with violent/aggressive behavior, panic/paranoia, and other behavior issues. The dangerous aspect is elevated body temperature which can become even worse upon being restrained. Recognizing the symptoms early is very difficult and once the process starts, mitigation becomes nearly impossible and the end result is commonly death. Needless to say, arm, humid weather is not beneficial to preventing this from happening.

Positional asphyxiation is maybe less rare but still not common. It is basically suffocating like having a boa constrictor holding you. Every time you exhale, the chest tightens up and one draws in less air. One can talk and yell but it becomes harder and harder as time goes on. It seems to occur most often when a suspect is cuffed behind their back and then placed face down. There appears to be no rhyme nor reason to why this happens, all body types and shapes seem to be affected.

I suspect one of these two examples will be found to be the culprit. It makes the death no less tragic nor the officers less culpable but it is likely not what it appears to be.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Video does not look very good.

Rodney didn't seem to be having the best of days either.

But the facts were the facts.

LOL

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Gus
You seen most cop wives?

i never did get to meet his wife like i wanted to. she was younger than he and i.

a lot of the cops i've run into have power & control complexes. they're very powerful beings.

they can order you around, carry a gun, and knock you up side the head if they feel like it.

add race to the mixture, and no wonder young males with testosterone running through their veins object.

what to do about it? well, what can be done about it? ears are alert, eyes are open. and everyone is paying taxes.

Might try obeying lawful commands.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i will be the first to say that i mite be wrong but i do not care what happens to people i do not know .i never have and never will . people on the fire yes . i mite meet one . but i do not have to. i miss Fieldgrade .i guess i have to much going on to think about stuff that dose not effect me

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by antlers
There is a line of thought that there are no ‘good cops’.
Thats just flat out moronic.
That’s your opinion. Others differ, and rightly so.

A cop’s job is to enforce the law, ALL of em’. Many of the laws are manifestly unjust. Therefore every cop has agreed to act as an enforcer of laws that are manifestly unjust. Some people think that’s OK, some don’t.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by ironbender
Those cops should be fired!

wink

i predict that will happen soon

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Gus
You seen most cop wives?

i allus did. built time in the us army instead of running away to canada or even further.

every cop i ever seet thought they represented god, country, and county.

if i was a mbr of the thin blue line i'd be just like them.

it's lonely at 3am in the morning with no backup, no doubt.

of course rural america and urban america are becoming quite different.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by ironbender
Those cops should be fired!

wink

i predict that will happen soon

I predict that they have a 50/50 chance of being rehired with backpay.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
...it is entirely possible to live and be asymptomatic with even with one carotid fully blocked.
Not acutely. If a complete occlusion occurs over time, collateral circulation can develop. But if a complete occlusion occurs acutely, the results are gonna be bad...it’s gonna cause a stroke and may cause death.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I hate cops (not just cause I'm a lawyer...and I know that more people hate lawyers than hate cops) but I hate criminals and lawlessness more. I've known a few cops who were outright scumbag sadists (one was my brother in law, who was an SFPD sgt known as "sgt rock" for his habit of dropping rocks on the feet of suspects who were not cooperating) and some who were more criminal than most crooks. I'm sure there are a few cops who wrongfully kill people, but I also know that probably 95% of cops abide by the law, and I just don't think that most of these killings are anything more than a scared cop trying to get home to his family that night.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Gus
You seen most cop wives?

i allus did. built time in the us army instead of running away to canada or even further.

every cop i ever seet thought they represented god, country, and county.

if i was a mbr of the thin blue line i'd be just like them.

it's lonely at 3am in the morning with not backup, no doubt.

of course rural america and urban america are becoming quite different.

Indeed, Gus.
The chasm between rural and urban is a gap never to be filled and smoothed over. We’re that divided and never the twain shall meet.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
...it is entirely possible to live and be asymptomatic with even with one carotid fully blocked.
Not acutely. If the occlusion occurs over time, collateral circulation can develop. But if the occlusion occurs acutely, the results are gonna be as jaguartx said.

Jag isnt a doctor

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Forgot to add, the police chief nor mayor have the authority to terminate employment of officers. "Firing" by the chief is showmanship in an effort to appease or affect a certain response. Officers are hired by a Civil Service Commision so would also be fired by the same group. Which is why it is commonly reported that the chief's decision is overturned. The Commission is typically made up by volunteers who are then chosen and confirmed by the city council. Both sides bring forth their case and await a decision. This decision may be challenged by other means but it is generally the first steps.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Not acutely. If the occlusion occurs over time, collateral circulation can develop. But if the occlusion occurs acutely, the results are gonna be as jaguartx said.
Jag isnt a doctor
He’s still correct on this matter.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Forgot to add, the police chief nor mayor have the authority to terminate employment of officers. "Firing" by the chief is showmanship in an effort to appease or affect a certain response. Officers are hired by a Civil Service Commision so would also be fired by the same group. Which is why it is commonly reported that the chief's decision is overturned. The Commission is typically made up by volunteers who are then chosen and confirmed by the city council. Both sides bring forth their case and await a decision. This decision may be challenged by other means but it is generally the first steps.

good to read some actual facts instead of conjectures on here

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/202...e-officers-involved-have-been-fired.html

Short video from a different angle in the above link

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Not acutely. If a complete occlusion occurs over time, collateral circulation can develop. But if a complete occlusion occurs acutely, the results are gonna be bad...it’s gonna cause a stroke and may cause death.

It also takes both carotids to be impacted, at least that was what I was taught and seen. In the video only the one might have been affected and even that is questionable. I still maintain one of the two factors I previously mentioned is going to be more likely.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 44mc
i will be the first to say that i mite be wrong but i do not care what happens to people i do not know .i never have and never will . people on the fire yes . i mite meet one . but i do not have to. i miss Fieldgrade .i guess i have to much going on to think about stuff that dose not effect me

Yeah but this is the kind of stupid event we don't need in an election year. Not sure how this plays out but if handled poorly, rest assured that special interests will outright finance race riots. And of course, the media will turn it into a crisis that their leftist handlers are happy to exploit. So it could easily impact you.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It also takes both carotids to be impacted...
That’s simply not true.

Page 9 of 44 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (257robertsimp, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 16penny, 13 invisible), 1,152 guests, and 767 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,236
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.