24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When u start something like this with an unknown person you have no idea how [bleep] crazy they are. Dude could spend the next month hiding in the bushes in a ghillie suit with a samurai sword.

BP-B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Don't they have noise ordnances where you guys live? Another thing I'd like to see is a law against motorcycle bellowing. Nothing louder than a Toyota's mufflers should be legal.

Yeah, and who needs all those 30 round magazines, and nobody really needs one of those fully semi-automatic assault rifles. It's called Freedom. When you start banning [bleep] because you don't like it, you start to join the side of the people you claim are against you.
YMMV

Last edited by Kota; 05/26/20. Reason: wording

Do not pray for an easier life, Pray to be stronger men
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A straight piped Duramax is the loudest diesel truck that I've heard.

Life is good live it while you can.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Yeah , I just put my Duramax tuner on number 5 and hit it.

As for the foam.....I had occasion to open a can with a church key and toss it in the cop car that always parked in the handicapped spot at the Amvets where I buy my

Filson shirts/ Jackets. That is the correct use of Great Stuff.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by AB2506
Probably the worst up here are jacked up diesel pickups with 8 inch exhausts and Harleys with straight pipes.

Those people should be shot.

In the face.

Repeatedly.

Do you even roll coal bra ?

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I've got a chithead neighbor's son who does the same. Only he gets up about 4:30 AM and remote starts his piece of crap car with junk mufflers, if any, and to make matters worse he's also got the ghetto tunes coming on turned up so he can hear them in the shower, most likely.It takes him about 20 minutes before he drives away. I only wish I knew something about wiring a bomb. Just blowing the wheels off would be hilarious. lol

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
If we only would’ve had that chit in high school, we would’ve pumped it nto the drafting teacher’s maverick tailpipe.

😂🤣

I agree, it would have been alot easier doing that than driving around all night picking up road kill and throwing a pickup load in the principal inground pool, we also caught skunks and throwing them in his brand new Pontiac Grand Safari station wagon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AB2506
Probably the worst up here are jacked up diesel pickups with 8 inch exhausts and Harleys with straight pipes.

The diesels put out large clouds of stinking black smoke. Glad I don't have their fuel bill.

Timing can be everything. Often the complaints arise in residential areas when the owner starts the truck at 0530 and let's it idle for 50 minutes before leaving. Ignorant.

Rollin coal is illegal here and it probably is in Canada too.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Lennie
https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/a...-foam-to-silence-mustangs-noisy-exhaust/
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

We’ve probably all been woken up by a neighbor with a loud exhaust at some point in our lives, but how many of us have acted on it?

We’d guess very few, but that’s certainly not the case this time around.

In a Facebook post, Aaron Robinson uploaded a picture of his car’s exhaust system apparently filled with Great Stuff foam. The post was accompanied by a letter allegedly written by an angry neighbor.

It reads “I finally found you! You want our attention, you don’t want our attention. You have 14 days to fix the mufflers or put the stock [exhaust] back on.” It then threatened “Don’t egg us on, you will only regret it. We encourage you to call the police [or] install video [cameras], nothing will work.” It then finished by saying “Fix your muffler!”

While you can’t take things on the internet at face value, Robinson insisted the incident happened and replied to a comment suggesting he filed a police report. He also said “I hope someone gets covid and dies a slow painful death over this.”

That’s going a bit too far, but damaging someone’s vehicle is obviously illegal and uncalled for. However, a number of people can probably sympathize with the alleged neighbor.

Ford has been offering a ‘Good Neighbor Mode’ on Mustang GT’s with the optional performance exhaust system since 2017
Interestingly enough, the Facebook user appears to own a newer Ford Mustang. While the car is apparently equipped with an aftermarket exhaust, the Mustang GT offers a Quiet Exhaust Mode which adjusts the optional performance exhaust system to be about 10 decibels quieter than usual (see it in action in the video above).

When the system was announced in 2017, Ford referred to it as “Good Neighbor Mode” and said the idea came from engineer Steve von Foerster. As the company explained, he was driving his Shelby GT350 one morning and a neighbor called police over the car’s loud exhaust.

Surprised he didn't just use a litre of petrol, a pound of sugar, and a match.

Oh...and for diesels...a few errant (real) mothballs in the tank works wonders I am told.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The boy has a Hemi Charger with no restriction past the Cat. I don't know what the neighbors think. They don't raise a fuss about it.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by k20350
When u start something like this with an unknown person you have no idea how [bleep] crazy they are. Dude could spend the next month hiding in the bushes in a ghillie suit with a samurai sword.

Or escrima sticks.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Or escrima sticks.

Or do it fubarski style and just lie his way out of it when confronted.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by greydog
I have been inadvertently at fault with my older diesels from time to time. One morning, I had stopped at a 7 Eleven for a coffee, on my way to work. I got back into my 91 Dodge and hit the key just as an attractive young woman in a cream-colored dress stepped around the back of the truck. She was totally enveloped in black smoke. I averted my head and drove away. She was saying something but I couldn't hear it. GD

Wow, thats really awesome. Cool man.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Ever read the book Hillbilly Elegy? That's where this is. I grew up around there. Could get interesting.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Or escrima sticks.

You Covtards take a good ass kickin so personal.

Which is unusual, cause it musta happened to ya hundreds of times.

Does make it more hilarious, tho.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i put those who have intentiionally loud exhaust and those who own pit bulls in the same category...same mentality

Last edited by sse; 05/26/20.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Or escrima sticks.

Laffin at you, you lying fug.

Tell us about your latest hospital courtesy tour. Surely you’ve made several more.

Laffin

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Or escrima sticks.

Tell us about your latest hospital courtesy tour. Surely you’ve made several more.

Laffin

Follow me around ta eat the turds I drop, like a good puppy.

Keep that tail waggin, tard.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Or escrima sticks.

Laffin

Follow me around ta eat the turds I drop, like a good puppy.

Keep that tail waggin, tard.

A turd can’t drop a turd. You are what you are and always have been.

If you’ll lie, you’ll steal. There’s no difference between the two,,,of you.

Lmao !

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RickyD
I've got a chithead neighbor's son who does the same. Only he gets up about 4:30 AM and remote starts his piece of crap car with junk mufflers, if any, and to make matters worse he's also got the ghetto tunes coming on turned up so he can hear them in the shower, most likely.It takes him about 20 minutes before he drives away. I only wish I knew something about wiring a bomb. Just blowing the wheels off would be hilarious. lol

Valve-Stem tool. No damage to anything, nothing ruined, however there is a significant tome-factor involved in just refilling the tires, let alone them figuring out the valve stems are loose when Tire 1 is drained by the time they fill tire 4.

Last edited by horse1; 05/26/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
133 members (2UP, 300_savage, 257 mag, 160user, 35, 10Glocks, 12 invisible), 1,806 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.