Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 44 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 43 44
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I doubt the knee to the neck is what killed him. Probably the stress caused an underlying condition to kill him but the callous lack of care by the police when it had become obvious he was unconscious is going to burn those cops down !

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
BP-B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
...it is entirely possible to live and be asymptomatic with even with one carotid fully blocked.
Not acutely. If a complete occlusion occurs over time, collateral circulation can develop. But if a complete occlusion occurs acutely, the results are gonna be bad...it’s gonna cause a stroke and may cause death.
It also takes both carotids to be impacted...
That’s simply not true.

I think I'll listen to the Nurse Practitioner, and not the guy who stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I doubt the knee to the neck is what killed him. Probably the stress caused an underlying condition to kill him but the callous lack of care by the police when it had become obvious he was unconscious is going to burn those cops down !

Yep.

Get a big fork. They are done. I you want to save the tax payers some money, let them keep the guns and one round each.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
That pic on the right looks an awful lot like impending suffocation to me. A 250 lb man with a knee on the dude's neck and the other upon his thorax with the cop's toes barely touching the ground. A second cop with one knee on the abdomen and the other on his buttocks, while a third cop is kneeling upon the dudes knees and ankles.

I am betting on positional asphyxiation.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On the "choking out" issue, keep in mind that if the street, shoulder and/or collarbone were pressing on the underside of the neck at all, it would be easy to go unconscious with the knee only applied to one side.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
here's a fact for consideration. Few cops, many, many more scumbags in this country. Most cops would rather put the hurt on scumbags than answer schidt calls to deal w/ lowlifes that do not present a threat to good people. Cops, good or bad do not get to choose their clientale and deal w/ what they get. Not being an azzhole is a life plan that allows most to not suffer at the hands of the popo.

Few have a clue about life outside of their bubble. Gus needs a drool bucket.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Bonking a seal pup on the head with a haptic is sustainable harvesting of a natural resource-right and just and humane. But people can’t get past that visual of red blood on white snow.
That guy might have died of a drug overdose but them cops ain’t getting past that visual of a guy kneeling on his neck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
But, let's throw this into the mix, what if the guy was white?

99% of the time the guy is not white. There lies the rub..

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I am betting on positional asphyxiation.

I realize that the guy is physically held down, but a person who is suffocating goes into full out super human panic mode if they think they have taken their last breath. They shake, flail violently etc. To me it looked more like he went to sleep which is more characteristic of a blood choke out.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Some of you guys need to watch the video again, and pay close attention. The guy is talking plain as day. The cops knee is not depressing anywhere near where the carotid artery could be compressed. As to the perp, all you can see is is head and a little shoulder(that would be his front shoulder for some). We have no idea how big the guy was, what drugs or other influences he may have been under or other violent tendencies leo were experiencing during the altercation. It appeared the other officer/s were giving him commands to which he would start struggling when the pressure was let off to allow him to get up. You can't see what the other officers were dealing with behind the car so no idea what the purp may have had in his hands. A lot you can't see or know and only a little of what you can.

The man was calling for help. Their duty is to help him, not kill him. It's not complicated.

Tarquin
IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
but a person who is suffocating goes into full out super human panic mode if they think they have taken their last breath. They shake, flail violently etc.

not necessarily

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by RickyD
Yeah, when they fire them on the spot, it says a lot about what they did and that the brass wants no part of it, except on the prosecutions side. Of course, none of that will matter to the "activists". They'll get real active, most likely. They never let a crisis go away either.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the decisions made by the mayor of Minneapolis.

Nuther Joo wink

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by ironbender
Those cops should be fired!

wink

i predict that will happen soon

I predict that they have a 50/50 chance of being rehired with backpay.

that's not a prediction

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Shake and flail what? there was 700 lb of dead weight on top of him and he was cuffed. Andre the Giant might have been able to wiggle just a bit.

That third cop was kneeling across the knees and ankles just to prevent such flailing.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last I heard the cops were innocent until proven guilty also, just like the rest of us.....and the scumbags that they deal with every f..ing day. To some it sure doesn't seem that way, but ask you to wear a mask and it MY RIGHTS...MY RIGHTS

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
In the end, it doesn't matter what happened leading up to the knee in the neck, and even the knee in the neck itself may not be the ultimate issue.

But when a suspect is in custody, their walfare, and right to medical care, is 100% the responsibility of the arresting officer.

This has been upheld as an 8th amendment right over, and over, and over. The case law on this is OVERWHELMING.

So if the coroner says the man in custody died of an OD, a heart attack, a stroke, or something not caused by the knee, the cop is still fired and faces a massive civil lawsuit. The second he recognized the man in custody was out, he should have been calling for help, rolling the man over, checking vitals, starting CPR. That is 100% his responsibility to a man in custody. That is covered in the first week of POST training. "In custody 101". And, common sense. And, just being a decent fuggin' human being.

The cop never did. And it was OBVIOUS he knew the man had lost consciousness. His entire demeanor changed and he looked down multiple times and got a bit agitated.

If the coroner says the death was caused by the knee, the cop is guilty of murder.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by duck911
In the end, it doesn't matter what happened leading up to the knee in the neck, and even the knee in the neck itself may not be the ultimate issue.

But when a suspect is in custody, their walfare, and right to medical care, is 100% the responsibility of the arresting officer.

This has been upheld as an 8th amendment right over, and over, and over. The case law on this is OVERWHELMING.

So if the coroner says the man in custody died of an OD, a heart attack, a stroke, or something not caused by the knee, the cop is still fired and faces a massive civil lawsuit. The second he recognized the man in custody was out, he should have been calling for help, rolling the man over, checking vitals, starting CPR. That is 100% his responsibility to a man in custody. That is covered in the first week of POST training. "In custody 101". And, common sense. And, just being a decent fuggin' human being.

The cop never did. And it was OBVIOUS he knew the man had lost consciousness. His entire demeanor changed and he looked down multiple times and got a bit agitated.

If the coroner says the death was caused by the knee, the cop is guilty of murder.

The autopsy will tell the tale.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I wonder how many would change their tune if they had to walk in those cops’ shoes for a month.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by duck911

The autopsy will tell the tale.

It will tell the tale of "fired, civil suites, and possibly manslaughter"..............

or,

"murder"

The cop is 100% fugged.

I remember one instructor telling our class, (paraphrased), "if a man dies while in your custody, you better look busy saving his life"

Last edited by duck911; 05/26/20.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I wouldn't have got off him. They were surrounded by a pack of babbling hyenas, sure didn't need one more added to the mix. In my estimation those SJWs caused that ordeal.

Page 10 of 44 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 77 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.