Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just curious to know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing that I am. I ordered a new gun from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore about 2.5 weeks ago, which still hasn't shipped. It was supposedly "in stock" (and still is). They have the same disclaimer as everyone else regarding delayed shipping speeds due to the virus, but offer no details about how long that might be. Now, after getting no response to emails or phone calls, I'm starting to wonder exactly how long I might be waiting.

Has anyone recently ordered a gun from SOSS and actually received it? If so how long did it take for them to ship it?

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
got a sig 229 delivered in two days earlier this month, nics about five minutes,small town Arkansas .

There is a war on America and America is losing
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Almost everything I've ordered online in the past month or more has taken longer, some things much longer, than usual. The exceptions have been a Knight ML that drop-shipped from the factory after being ordered through Midway and a custom barrel for my Contender. I think you're more likely to have a delay dealing with large outfits in general, and gun-related ones in particular because of the continuing increased demand for guns and ammo. Also, many online sellers sell stuff that actually is still in their wholesalers' warehouses, and it has to go from there to the seller, and then to you. Some are up-front about that, but many are not.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Everything delayed.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I shipped one USPS last Thursday, hasn't even showed up on the tracking system yet. Post Office lady said expect delays, post office is overwhelmed with package traffic worse than Christmas, she said, plus system is short over 2000 employees.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I shipped two rifles USPS in the last two weeks and both have been delivered.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Almost everything I've ordered online in the past month or more has taken longer, some things much longer, than usual. The exceptions have been a Knight ML that drop-shipped from the factory after being ordered through Midway and a custom barrel for my Contender. I think you're more likely to have a delay dealing with large outfits in general, and gun-related ones in particular because of the continuing increased demand for guns and ammo. Also, many online sellers sell stuff that actually is still in their wholesalers' warehouses, and it has to go from there to the seller, and then to you. Some are up-front about that, but many are not.

In stock for the sellers may not mean in their hands.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
My last order from Midway took 4 days. Last order from Grafs too 5 weeks.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Got two pistols today no trouble .

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
I ordered a pistol this past Sunday, got ship notice today(Tuesday). Everything thing else I ordered over weekend seems to be shipping as well. Some places are caught up it seems

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Everything is slower.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Everything is slower.

Not true, just some stuff from some shippers.

MM

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Side note - I saw a USPS truck delivering mail yesterday, Memorial Day, in the middle of the afternoon. Only thing I could think is they were delivering for Amazon, and Amazon DGAF about no Federal Holiday.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
I watched an Amazon delivery lady carry an armful of packages into local post office this afternoon....
wtf? over???

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Three weeks ago on a Tuesday morning I ordered a rifle on-line it was shipped from Ogden, Utah and it was delivered here in central Idaho on Thursday afternoon. By Fed-Ex no less !!! I wasn't expecting that.

On the other hand my lawn mower repair guy ordered a belt for my mower 10 days ago from the distributor in SLC and it still isn't here.
Luck of the draw I suppose.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Bought one online from sportsman’s warehouse back in April. Took about 2 weeks to get the local store.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Just sent some bullets USPS priority mail from WY to PA at 4 pm Friday afternoon (22nd) and the buyer messaged me that they arrived today (Tuesday the 26th).
And that is over the weekend plus Monday was a holiday.
That's pretty fast. Tracking slip says estimated delivery Thursday the 28th.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by hanco
Everything is slower.

Not true, just some stuff from some shippers.

MM

Ooooooookkkkkkkkk.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ELKiller
Just curious to know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing that I am. I ordered a new gun from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore about 2.5 weeks ago, which still hasn't shipped. It was supposedly "in stock" (and still is). They have the same disclaimer as everyone else regarding delayed shipping speeds due to the virus, but offer no details about how long that might be. Now, after getting no response to emails or phone calls, I'm starting to wonder exactly how long I might be waiting.

Has anyone recently ordered a gun from SOSS and actually received it? If so how long did it take for them to ship it?
12+ days ago I ordered a new SP101 from Zanders, and I just got it about four days ago.. But they have a disclaimer at the header that warns shipments are being delayed a bit due to this virus BS... Same thing happened with the CZ rifle I obtained in March - delayed a bit...

No biggie - I wasn't in any hurry for either of 'em..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
In the past couple of months I recall one order out of a couple of dozen that seemed fast, from an outfit called Rok Hardware. It has led me to try a little harder to find things locally. Still an ecom junky though.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 56 invisible), 2,086 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,079
Posts18,463,857
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.