Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Been pondering this. Our county has had 72 confirmed cases and 4 deaths. County population 110,000. I’m not able to find information on the age of the deceased but, for the sake of argument, let’s say they were all seniors in long term care homes..

Our county is also infamous for a nurse convicted last year of murdering 12 patients in long term care homes.

So, you could say you are 3 times more likely to be murdered by your nurse here, than to die of Covid...

GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I don’t know anyone that’s had it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I keep wondering , the people that had covid that didnt or couldnt make it to a hospital ..... where are all the bloated corpses, sitting in recliners with the remote still in the hand? Where are all the transients that caught it and sheltered in place under a bridge?
All I ever read about are the people who died in hospitals seeking a remedy ?

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It is real, but it is not nearly the threat the press has made it out to be.

It is also the biggest farce ever foisted upon the American Public.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ingwe

agree with this....but it does give one pause as to how things can be shut down so easily...…..I do think if they try another shutdown there will be bloodshed.....bob

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I said the same thing a while back....

Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
....and there's a second wave about to hit !

Anyone who hasnt put 2 and 2 together and come up with " this is the biggest hoax ever foisted upon mankind" is seriously lacking in IQ.

However, Now that this cat has escaped the sack.....
I see the next decade as a calamity of pandemics that " The Powers that Be" will utilize to shape tomorrows society into the docile herd that they would have legislated it to be , had not Donald Trump become president. After all its " the new normal " , and they'll push that slimy narrative til it sticks.

All things considered , they got an incredibly large portion of the population to suck this schitt up .
I would have expected more resistance from my countrymen.

.... like tears in the rain
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Very well stated. The MSM is currently hyping, and inflating the stats, and will be advocating for another shut down before the election.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We had 5 deaths that had covid in their system over 3 month in my county. I forget but I think half were 90+, and others close to 90.
No patients have been on a respirator, so my opinion is respirator use points to covid as the main cause. The surrounding counties are less impacted, but deaths we generally very old as far as I saw reported.
I am pretty sure that this half of the state has never met the criteria set for lock down based on cases, and they are placing less restrictions on Friday.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lightning

Very well stated. The MSM is currently hyping, and inflating the stats, and will be advocating for another shut down before the election.

I think a good stat on antibodies will show the mortality rate to be very low. Who know if that data will ever be available.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
For the 99.7% it will present as mild flu. A couple of sleep days and you will be over it. I have memories of much more severe bouts with the flu bug.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The stats are so inflated they are meaningless.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I think a good stat on antibodies will show the mortality rate to be very low. Who know if that data will ever be available. [/quote]

You can get the stats everyday in TN by going to the Health Department web site and clicking on COVID-19. They list by county and then give a detailed list of deaths (no names), ages, gender etc. You can see the numbers tested and found not positive and those that have recovered. You can also go to the county web site and get actual cases by zip code. We know that in our zip code, we have a huge number....12....out of 27,000 residents. That's infected from day one until now. Eight have recovered and one died. The one was in his 50's and had a heart problem. That means that out of 27,000 residents here in our zip code, three still have the virus. Put another way, that is .00011 of the population that has this virus around us. And those three are in quarantine. Our area is full open. When you go out it looks normal. Traffic is heavy and businesses are up and running. Restaurants will be allowed to open for seating in June. But in truth, they should be open today.

This virus is very bad there is no question about that, but is it as bad as they are telling us? I've lived through all the viruses, flu's, childhood ailments, and pandemics since 1948 and have never seen anything like this panic we have today. In 1957, when more people died of the Asian Flu ( percentage wise) than have died today, we never shut down anything.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

And the "cure" is worse than the disease at this point. Actually, before we got to this point.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Have a grandmother, two daughters and one grand daughter, about 17, all had covid.\ in the apartment next to us. The grand daughter hospitalized and now out. My wife had a dry cough for about a month before this panic came on and I had a dry cough for about a week. Sum total of the crisis around here. If this virus were as serious as reported half the population around my area would be done for. For a time the face mask thing was iffy at best and I only know one day that traffic was at the none level. Not all that large a population of two legged sheep around here that some think.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose.
It was written to limit the power of government over the individual
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's BS. If you do happen to catch it, load up on vitamin C orally. If that doesn't work, get about a 24 gram vitamin C IV. It'll be gone in a day or so.

BTW, the date on the splash screen is wrong. This was recorded this year.

Last edited by Tyrone; 05/27/20.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BobMt
..…..I do think if they try another shutdown there will be bloodshed.....bob
There probably NEEDS to be..... From 1787:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to W. S. Smith, November 13, 1787

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I am not smart enough to know anything about it. Except, , the shutdown is wrecking the economy.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
COVID-19 is more infectious than the seasonal flu, but a good deal less than measles . I've gone years without catching the flu. We are still in the early days of this, so the odds of you coming into contact with a spreader are low. Since we don't have either vaccine or treatment, not catching, for us old pharts, is the best course of action. Since I want to get a few more hunting seasons in, I wear a mask when I'm out.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the way I see the issue, is that based on metrics that our government KNEW were iffy at best, and accepting without question the WHO declarations of pandemic, our own government rashly, and without justification, shut down the world's biggest economy. The feds were aided and abetted by State and local nazis that felt the crisis was too good to waste. Drunk with assumed emergency power, they have all but destroyed America.
From the beginning, this was a manufactured, political crisis, NOT a medical crisis.

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

281 members (10gaugemag, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 34 invisible), 1,401 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,570
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.