Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Looking for a semi-custom on a 700 action......any recommendations on who to use? Will be for coyotes and prairie dogs...thanks in advance.

BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Added: budget $2k and will be paired with a Leupold VX5 or 6...want lighter weight for coyote hunting as main role.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
One consideration might be brass if you're planning on using it for prairie dogs. I like to take 500 rounds per rifle when I go on a PD trip. There are a lot of makers of 22-250 brass and it can be had pretty reasonably. I don't know of any reasonably priced 22 Creedmoor brass, at least not what I'd consider reasonable enough to buy 500 pieces.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have one of each, both are fun to play with for sure. As is obvious the Creed is faster but having said that, I am not sure I would go with the Creed again. Brass is not the big thing with me, but it is or can be an issue. I don;t push my Creed as hard as some do, but if you look around you will find that those that do push them hard tend to have issues with bullets not making it to the target.
Yote hunting is one thing but p dog shooting could easily puke a barrel in one or two trips (on some of the trips I have been on )
Some may differ and YMMV

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
it's a toss up. Your biggest decision will be if you want a slow twist or fast twist barrel. Long range capable, or not.

Brass really isn't an issue for the creed. I'm running a batch of Hornady brass right now for mine and it's doing just fine. With that said, I did buy a batch of Alpha brass too, just to see if I can tell the difference in the long run.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Let me actually answer your question...

I’d use Jon Beanland. He is a big coyote hunter so will know what you’re asking for. He recently built me a light fast twist 22-250 and it’s awesome. A pleasure to deal with as well.

For what it’s worth, and I know this is not what you asked, but I went 22-250 over 22 creed due to availability of factory ammo. That said I’m shooting a copper creek load with the 70 grain Berger and it’s a hammer.

Good luck

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My 22-250 has a 1-8 and my Creed has a 1-7, both are shooting 75 gr ELD-M bullets

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
What weight bullet and factory ammo or reload?

The 22cm trends to heavier higher bc bullets. The 22-250 trends to lighter side. If you handload its a wash.

I would probably lean towards the 22cm.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Brass is becoming less of an issue with all the new manufacturers turning out 6mm and some 22 CM brass. You can always form from 22-250 brass too.

The Creedmoor could be loaded down to 22-250 levels or slightly less and then would most likely have a longer barrel life than the 22-250 due to pressure and case geometry. Both good and unless cheaper factory loads are a consideration the CM may be more versatile especially if twisted for the heavier bullets.

If used for varmint shooting it would be best to have two or three rifles to rotate and keep the barrel cooler. I would pair the CM with a 223 and use the CM for longer shots only as much as possible. A fast twist 223 & CM would be a good combination.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I hand load ammo.

Thx- short mag fan, I’ll give him a call.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have 22-250's,22-250 AI's and 224 Speedmires in 7" and 8" RPM both. From any/all angles,the Speedmire is the vastly superior chambering. Fretting 500pcs of brass,for any of the lot,is both STUPID and fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fretting RPM,is equally as fhuqking HILARIOUS and STUPID too. You gals are consistent. Hint. Laughing!

Hornady brass is absolute Fhuqking Dog Schit,in all chamberings. Hint.

Have been shooting 22-250 AI/Speedmire case capacity for over 30yrs,in a goodly sized herd of rifles and never had a single boolit worth a fhuqk,zuke enroute to the Victim or Target...no matter the RPM being 1-16"(PN parallel fluted Experiment),or multiple 7's. Cuts and buttons both/all. 7" or bust today. Hint.

I'd not go to a .473" cased .224" Centerfire,in anything other than Speedmire and would just as soon 223/223AI for Utility and in 7" RPM. I LOVE a 21" 223/223AI well beyond the 1000yd line and 88's are hammers there too,just as in the other chamberings cited. my lightest Speedmire is fed 90 Beer Cans expressly and is simply sensational. Hint.

I'd not poke a Reupold upon anything. Though in summation,I've only got a couple dozen rifles,in the chamberings cited. Unless one counts 224 Grendel,22BR and the ilk too,which adds more to the fray. Hint.

You need a good 223 and don't even know it...but most folks don't,because nobody actually shoots. I'd call James,order a 7" RPM 223 SALAMI non-match(shorter throat),throw a S/S receiver in the cart,go TT Flatty and have RHR fling me a Terrain in Hawkins DBM,for all the same to nestle. I'd nab a Bushy 3-12x 'Drab Bitch and have my way,for turn key Utility,superior to all thangs thus far mused. It'll make budget and shine. Pass an AM steel5-rounder for default and a coupla MDT 120rd Poly Herd Clips,for good measure in the ruck. Hint.

Thank me later.

Just sayin'.

Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Cartridges aside, a good coyote rifle is not the same as a good prairie dog rifle, and vice versa......

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
thanks aalf.that big stick I feel sorry for..have for years..why such a attitude with others and so demeaning..i have enjoyed tremendously his being so entertaining and in love with himself for a long time.obviously not well respected or thought of in a positive way on this site.also enjoy his interesting way of trying to communicate..not doubting his knowledge but he is truly a mess..would love to see a picture of this guy..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
notone,

You'd do well to simply shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same,if I mention sumptin' but here's to the HILARITY of your being too fhuqking Stupid to "do" that "much"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It'll only come as a "surprise",to someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,that nobody can "make" you "appear" to be a greater Dumb Fhuqk,than you can,by simply doing your best. Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon Facts & Physics upsetting you so. Hint.

I've seen a Handy/Dandy Speedmire be plum handy. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Hell...mighta' even seen a 223/223AI once too. Hint. Laughing!

Mebbe' even a fhuqking 224 BR. Hint.

The only thing you Fhuqktards shoot,is your mouths and Imaginations. Hint.

Coming full circle,the 223/223AI approach connects more dots by default,than any others,if only to the Chagrin Of Whining Clueless Kchunts,such as yourself. Hint.

Bless your heart for Trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Posting in normal English...

The 22 CM is effectively a 22-250 AI with a 30 degree shoulder. Factory brass and dies are readily available.
In a pinch, drop load by 1.5gr and use 22-250 brass to fireform.

Sweet spot is 80-90gr bullets in a twist between 7" and 8".

RL23 (80gr) and RL26 (88gr) have been superb though a bunch of other powders with similar burn rate work as well.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fascinating,to watch folks suck ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Prolly don't hurt none,to shoot some like platforms,in different chamberings,side by each. Hint.

7" Krieger 22-250 AI,Alpha formed Speedmire Virgins and formed. Easy to pass on the powders and volumes cited. Hint.

There's not an 80 going,that does anything for me,but I simply shoot it all and then some. Hint.

The 22PPC AI prolly don't suck,in OEM one-pass guise either. Hint.

You gals really "know" your "stuff". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Wouldn't you just love to have one of those "clubs" stinky has had soaking in his drain field.
The dumb mutt even posted pictures of rusted scope mount screws.

Oh-oh, here comes with her cut n paste dumbassedresponce in. 3.......2.........1

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
6mm,

Ain't it a hoot,that the only thing you can bring to any/all conversations,is your Brokedicktitude and countless very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now what were the "odds",that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,you just also happen to be A Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot? You musta' "forgot" about your highly esteemed Imaginary Pretend Ignore,yet again? Hint. LAUGHING!

Perhaps someday,you'll even be able to "afford" your own scope? Until then,bask in the Sweet Satisfactions that are your's,in that only Imagination and Pretend are within your "means","abilities" and "comprehension" to grasp. Hint.

Your Retardation is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

No moisture in these parts. Hint.

Bless your heart,for doing your best and the unrivaled HILARITY associated.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Like I said, here is stinkys bubbadabblebubble guggblblbla giggly bubble ninky dinky stinky Hubble bubble fraction gotten going ging all the way to town.

Sound about right, stinky?

Show us a wide-angle of your gun room. That would be a real treat there punky stinky.

Punky Stinky, I like that.

I shall dub you sir Punky Stinky.

Punky Stinky got no friends
Punky Stinky got no friends.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
6mm,

Just another slooowwwwwwww day here and only a Superposed arrived,but you "get"" to read about it and gawk the pics...you "lucky" kchunt. hint. congratulations?!?

As an aside,didja' "forget" about your highly esteemed Imaginary Pretend Ignore,yet again? Hint. LAUGHING!

Actually,better than thunked,tight and wayyyyy right,inertia and though the muzzle bead broke in transit...I've seen worse. Now you can say you've "seen" one of them too,which makes it a rather "big" day for you. Hint. LAUGHING!

Stocks fits her suplizingly well and perhaps just a smidge of comb work requisite,but will have her whistle through a case of shells first. Then no big deal to rattle can it and press it in service. Hint.

Bless your heart for doing your Best though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
455 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 49 invisible), 2,012 guests, and 948 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.