Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The old codgers here on the ‘fire will turn this into 20 pages of rants about how they don’t need technology, can’t change the oil themselves, etc etc. kind of like what they said about the 6.5 creed when it came out.

They are nice cars that are perfect for some people and probably a glimpse into the not too distant future

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
They are nice cars that are perfect for some people and probably a glimpse into the not too distant future
If they get to self-driving, you can say good by to private vehicle ownership. There will be a fleet of them cruising around and you'll hale one with your phone.

Politics is War by Other Means
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Son has one and he loves it. I like some features of it, like starting the climate control before you get to the car. I like the lane assist and semi autonomous driving, although that takes some time to get used to.

Took a ride from LA to Bear Lake, CA for a skiing trip and the Tesla made for a comfortable, less stressful ride. He is always wanting me to get one, but it does not fit my lifestyle at this time. In the future, who knows.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well, how many days to drive from Las Cruces to Denver?

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
If you lived close to work, it would be cool to have as a second auto.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Charge time for a Tesla Model X
Charger level Time to charge
NEMA 5-15 3 miles of range per hour
NEMA 14-50 12 hours
Wall connector 6 ½ to 10 hours
Supercharger 1 ½ hours
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla?
Electric cars like the Tesla Model S and Model X offer significant fuel savings on a day-to-day basis thanks to their efficient use of electricity as fuel. The cost to fully charge a Tesla depends on the car you have and where you live, because electricity prices vary from utility to utility and from state to state. The price to “fill up” a Tesla Model S battery at home ranges from $6.60 (in Washington state) to just over $21.00 (in Hawaii). For a Tesla Model X, prices will range from $6.70 (Washington) to nearly $22.00 (Hawaii).
My BIL bought a Tesla. It has left his possession twice on a flat bed. Once the door would not shut and once the sunscreen would not retract to see outside. He miscalculated the range remaining. When he discovered his error he had to drive back 45 miles and wait in line at a charging station. Added about 3 hours to his trip.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
My brother wants to buy a Tesla. So we went down to Charlotte today for a test drive.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You look at the dashboard, there are no gauges or dials. No fuel gauge, no hot engine light, no speedometer. All functions for the car are displayed on the computer including speedometer.

You want to adjust the mirrors, you go to the controls on the computer screen. All vehicle functions including speedometer are on the computer screen.

This vehicle is a delight to drive. Handling is great, and it is smooth and quiet. The power is unbelievable. I have a lightweight pickup with a 235HP V6, this Tesla would blow my pickup out of the water. Sticker is about $45K, no dickering.

The power of the vehicle is unbelievable. We were doing 65 on the interstate, and brother hit the throttle, and it slammed my head back into the head rest.

.........................Teslas are great cars (more local driving) if planning not to exceed 150-200 miles from home depending on the battery range. Outstanding acceleration, great styling, no gas fill ups and quiet as can be. Probably will not see any on the major interstates going from state to state.

They have their great features. But I prefer some engine noise (too quiet could make some fall asleep? (dangerous),,,prefer some gauges and dials and don't mind stopping for gas for a few minutes and then quickly be on my way without having to wait for a re-charge especially on long trips. (THAT IS IF you can find a charging port station for a Tesla).

They make sense in many areas while not so much in other areas.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
was reading about the Lordstown electric truck coming out next year. $52K, 250 mile range, 4 independent motors, one on each wheel. Supposedly better off road because each wheel is independently controlled by the computer to sense conditions. 0-60 in under 6 seconds, essentially only 4 moving parts on the truck, towing capacity is 7500 pounds and seating for 5, 600hp. 10hr charge. The front of the truck , like the Tesla is a trunk. Targeting 20K production in the first year.

[Linked Image from images.hgmsites.net]

Last edited by KFWA; 05/27/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by KFWA
was reading about the Lordstown electric truck coming out next year. $52K, 250 mile range, 4 independent motors, one on each wheel. Supposedly better off road because each wheel is independently controlled by the computer to sense conditions. 0-60 in under 6 seconds, essentially only 4 moving parts on the truck, towing capacity is 7500 pounds and seating for 5, 600hp. 10hr charge. The front of the truck , like the Tesla is a trunk. Targeting 20K production in the first year.

I like that , I can imagine they will sell the crap out of them if they produce them.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My brother built a house and the owner just purchased a S model with the performance package. He asked my brother if he would drive it , hesitatingly he took it out on A1A and the owner told him to floor it. He has owned performance cars and said the acceleration was incredible.

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
My aunt has one. She likes it. She’s about to pass ot onto her oldest son and is on the list for one of the SUV’s

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here is a link to a charger station map.

https://www.tesla.com/supercharger

Might have to scroll down......

They space them out pretty well, driving coast to coast would be no problem. The problem would be the back roads or areas away from major traffic thoroughfares and population centers.

Since my son lives in LA, its pretty ideal for him and his workplace provides free charger access.

There is one supercharger location about 25 miles West of me and one about 25 miles to the East.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by KFWA

I like that , I can imagine they will sell the crap out of them if they produce them.

I like it too. I can't justify spending that kind of money but if I was in the market for a high end pickup, I'd look hard at it.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the looks of the Nikola Badger:

[Linked Image from nikolamotor.com]

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,917 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.