Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 44 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 43 44
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Knee pressure against his carotid artery. Lights out.

Looks like murder to me.

Which carotid? Somebody breathing and talking that much has a carotid issue?

Wait on the autopsy.

Exactly correct. No jumping to judgement.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Awful lot of talking coming from someone unable to breathe...
With anyone who’s respiratory status is beginning to be compromised, there is a period of time that they can talk...and communicate that...until they can’t.
Yup, they can talk only when moving air. Stop them from moving air and they are not breathing.
People who’s respiratory status is compromised, even ‘severely’ compromised...requiring intubation...are still breathing. Until they aren’t.
He was breathing the whole time.
Until he wasn’t.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As for the hands in pockets, that prevents him being accused of doing something with his hands that would be very hard to prove or disprove.

Nah.

Because the guy was black, the cop was protecting his pocket change and his wallet.

Ouch,
wink
But there are many thinking that way.

My main take aways from the video include a late start in the incident and the continuing fight from the perp. The fact they said they already tried to put him in the patrol car only adds to the cops' defense.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nighthawk
More than that, who wants a police force that humiliates and physically abuses everyone they meet to the full extent of the law.

Who wants to inculcate obeying lawful commands to the public at large ?

Failure to do so (obey) can guarantee specific results.

And that is precisely what's wrong with policing today.You get nowhere if the public at large thinks cops are their enemy. Subdue a rowdy drunk with no or minimal force and the people being bothered are glad to see you. Abuse the crap out of him to gain future compliance and you made more people that just want you gone.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by gunner500

Yup, and BAN narcan, od'ers/dopers want/need to die, leave them be!

How many kids do you have gunner?

I made a deposit at a TX clinic around 1986, a bud and his wife have four boys of mine, never started a family of my own as I didn't know if id live long enough to raise em, putting that burden off on the tax payer is a liberals way of thinking.

Speaking of liberal, real conservatives don't do dope, and don't go around breaking the law, that causes popo to show up. stupid, liberal people do dope and engage criminal behavior, and they're the problem, we have to start at the start, don't be stupid in the first place!

Trump Won!
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
More than that, who wants a police force that humiliates and physically abuses everyone they meet to the full extent of the law.

And that is precisely what's wrong with policing today.You get nowhere if the public at large thinks cops are their enemy. Subdue a rowdy drunk with no or minimal force and the people being bothered are glad to see you. Abuse the crap out of him to gain future compliance and you made more people that just want you gone.

Any consideration of abuse heaped upon cops in your repertoire?

After they’ve given a lawful command to the perp ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

“Minimal force “ you say.

That’s pretty comical.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Yes, Travis, the cop was wrong. Keeping his knee on the guys neck for five minutes, when there was help to get the guy vertical standing right there to help with the apprehension is definitely wrong.
The cop may have not liked what the guy did but it is not up to him to kill the guy for what pissed the cop off. Not being able to stomach what the guy did is just something you live with. It just comes with the badge.
Let the judicial system, such as it is, take it from there.,

W. Bill

I don't think you were listening to the dialogue throughout the video.

As far as the knee to neck, I've had it done to me 100s of times by people a little bigger than that cop. It doesn't asphyxiate you and it has never collapsed my carotid arteries.
no expert but wouldn't that cut off blood flow to the brain and could end being fatal if done too long.

I have seen critters caught in snares with a single foot in the loop with the neck, still alive. No foot and they die in minutes. Trying to block an airway and four carotid artery branches with just one knee is plenty tough. The cop did not even dig into the scalene nerve.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
What we know in my opinion:
1. The officers had the man subdued and at some point the man went unconscious and unresponsive.
2. The officers should have observed that a man in their custody went unconscious and they should have gotten him medical attention.

What we don't know for sure:
1. What the.actual cause of death is and whether any medical assistance would have stopped it.
2. What was in the minds and hearts of the officers at the time of the incident.

We have to wait for the autopsy and/or investigation for more information. To say someone is guilty of murder you have to prove intentional and deliberate killing of another with malice aforethought. To me it LOOKS more like negligence. They should have noticed the man in their custody went unconscious and had a medic check on him.

Can you see the racism implicit in your summary? Were that 4 blacks subduing a white in that circumstance is there any question that the uniform prevented all four from being immediately arrested? There was nothing negligent about the cop with his knee on the guys's neck. It was intentional and carried to an extent well beyond simply subduing a man who at no point thus far in any of the videos yet released shows any resistance. Quite obviously, the man had a reason to be in imminent fear of death and should have been expected to resist as much as he was capable of. If he in fact showed no more resistance than thus far has been shown, then a cursory examination of any of the four's body cams should be enough to arrest them all on murder charges. Would you favor waiting for the autopsy before arresting anyone were the colors reversed?

WTF are you talking about??? I said absolutely nothing about race.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Awful lot of talking coming from someone unable to breathe...
With anyone who’s respiratory status is beginning to be compromised, there is a period of time that they can talk...and communicate that...until they can’t.
Yup, they can talk only when moving air. Stop them from moving air and they are not breathing.
People who’s respiratory status is compromised, even ‘severely’ compromised...requiring intubation...are still breathing. Until they aren’t.
He was breathing the whole time.
Until he wasn’t.

Yes, it has been accepted here by everyone that he did in fact die.

And you know the exact cause of death, Dr. Antlers ?
Grins

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I made a deposit at a TX clinic around 1986, a bud and his wife have four boys of mine, never started a family of my own as I didn't know if id live long enough to raise em, putting that burden off on the tax payer is a liberals way of thinking.

Speaking of liberal, real conservatives don't do dope, and don't go around breaking the law, that causes popo to show up. stupid, liberal people do dope and engage criminal behavior, and they're the problem, we have to start at the start, don't be stupid in the first place!

Long way around the barn to say none.

The point I'm making is a lot of things are easy to say and preach until it's not. Raising kiddos tends to open your eyes to the fact that some things aren't that easy.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
What if one of the bystanders had done more than yell- - - -like put a few rounds center mass of the murderer with his knee on the guy's throat?

Geeezzz, Got Rod. The only way your statement could sound any more stupid, would be if we read it backwards

You claim to see a murder in progress... why wouldn't you help the oppressed?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Long way around the barn to say none.

The point I'm making is a lot of things are easy to say and preach until it's not. Raising kiddos tends to open your eyes to the fact that some things aren't that easy.

Not being stupid enough to bow to peer pressure is rule number one, ever stood in a train line waiting on your shot with the whore? not me, that's something liberals do, shlt like that, it's real easy if someone will only use their fu-king heads and not be stupid.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by deflave
Yes, Travis, the cop was wrong. Keeping his knee on the guys neck for five minutes, when there was help to get the guy vertical standing right there to help with the apprehension is definitely wrong.
The cop may have not liked what the guy did but it is not up to him to kill the guy for what pissed the cop off. Not being able to stomach what the guy did is just something you live with. It just comes with the badge.
Let the judicial system, such as it is, take it from there.,

W. Bill

I don't think you were listening to the dialogue throughout the video.

As far as the knee to neck, I've had it done to me 100s of times by people a little bigger than that cop. It doesn't asphyxiate you and it has never collapsed my carotid arteries.
no expert but wouldn't that cut off blood flow to the brain and could end being fatal if done too long.

Isn't that the very reason the old "sleeper hold" has been illegal forever.

I must have missed the sleeper hold...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trying to block an airway and four carotid artery branches with just one knee is plenty tough.
An acute occlusion of one common carotid artery can cause a stroke...and it can be fatal.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Is that why a neck hold is banned in the MMA because it will cause instant death?

Trying to block an airway and four carotid artery branches with just one knee is plenty tough.
An acute occlusion of one common carotid artery can cause a stroke...and it can be fatal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Any consideration of abuse heaped upon cops in your repertoire?

After they’ve given a lawful command to the perp ?

Sure. From a cop family. None of them killed anyone though they could have done so justifiably. The fancy term is deescalate the situation. In the family it's try to help the poor f*cked up bastard.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

There’s lots of “cans”.

I’ll guess,,,,heart attack with illegal drugs in the system.

But,,I’ll wait for the autopsy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Also, when professional fighters apply a triangle blood choke, they only apply direct pressure to one side of the neck. The other side is constricted by the person's own shoulder, arm or collarbone area. In this case, it may be possible that the guy's own shoulder or the street for that matter could have applied enough pressure on the underside of the neck to cause him to go unconscious. We don't know yet until an autopsy is performed though.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So the autopsy might show that the guy up and died on his own just to spite the cops?

Which explains a lot.
Page 19 of 44 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 44automag, 30 invisible), 1,978 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.