Hop To
Q
Quak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Hey Guys,

Need some advice...im looking at picking up a pair of MeoStar 8x42s from Camera Land NY BUT...I know they have a couple new models coming out this summer/fall. Anything that is going to replace the b1.1? Should i go ahead and purchase these or wait on the new models.

Also considering the Leica Trinovid. Anything else in that 1k price range I'm missing? No interest in Ziess...had a pair of conquests and sold em...never blew me away. Frankly found japanese Pentax to be superior

GOD Bless America
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I would buy the Leica Trinovid provided it was the previous model and not the HD model.

Meopta is coming up with some upgraded glass, it might be worth the wait.

Q
Quak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Is the old version better?

GOD Bless America
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'd snag those Meostar's in a heartbeat... I run the 10x42's and love them. They are a touch heavy but excellent optics.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by beretzs
I'd snag those Meostar's in a heartbeat... I run the 10x42's and love them. They are a touch heavy but excellent optics.

Looking at the 10X42's myself. Thanks for the info.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Quak
Is the old version better?

Yes, it has a locking diopter. I had a pair of 8x42 and gave them to my younger brother. I had the HD's (latest model) and sent them back to Doug for the previous model.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Built like a tank. I have some 8x32’s. Which I love. I think they are pretty much the best you can get under $650. Don’t blast me, but I never thought the glass was In line with the hype.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Did Doug mention the Kowa Genesis 8.5X44s. I don't know where your budget is, but they are a bit north of the Meostars.'The 8.5X33s might be a better fit worth considering. Give a call to Doug and see what he says. Or call Rob at S&S Archery.

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 05/27/20.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Quak
Need some advice...im looking at picking up a pair of MeoStar 8x42s from Camera Land NY BUT...I know they have a couple new models coming out this summer/fall. Anything that is going to replace the b1.1? Should i go ahead and purchase these or wait on the new models.

From one stranger on the internet to another, I recommend you buy them. Why? I have had multiple Meopta Meostar binoculars and spotting scopes and have been impressed with every single one of them. I don't know whether the new version will be better than the current version on sale; but, I confidently speculate they will be at a higher price. The question is, how much of a gain in optical performance will come with that.

They also have a great warranty. I know, I know, the best warranty is the one you don't have to use. What a bunch of crap. About 8 years ago a guy on another forum was selling a pair of Meoptas which he honestly disclosed as damaged and that they would not focus both barrels at once. He was charging about half of the used market value. I contacted Meopta and told them exactly what that guy told me before I decided to purchase them. The Meopta representative told me if I bought them and sent them in, Meopta would either repair or replace them. I did. They did. They are outstanding binoculars. You can do trial and error until you find that exact one that works for you. We all do. For me, Meopta is that binocular. For you, if they are not, they are an easy sell without much loss on the used market.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
JJF Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Lonny
Originally Posted by beretzs

Looking at the 10X42's myself. Thanks for the info.
A couple of years ago, I bought the Meostar 7x50 from Doug at a real good price. They are crystal clear and, like another poster stated, built like a tank. There may be better binos for you but you can't go wrong with the Meostars.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The MeoPro binos are excellent glass and built tough. I don't think you will be disappointed buying today instead of waiting 2 months for the Meopta Air binos. Here's a pic with my MeoStar 10x42 and my buddies 10x50's. Now I want the 12x50's!

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/.highres/IMG_5023.jpeg

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I have 8x32 and 12x50 Meostars. Bought both off the used market and no regrets, great glass!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,501
Posts18,452,509
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.