-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been in a few times. First was when I had my tonsils yanked. Of course I got really sick after the surgery and spent some time there for that. Second and third times were for concussions incurred while racing snowmobiles. I was chasing one of those danged Cats into a turn and he blew a stud off his track. Hit me square between the eyes on the top edge of my helmet. I went off the back of the sled and was bounced around pretty good. Woke up a day or so later in the hospital. The other time I was walking across the infield of a track, slipped on the ice, and the next thing I knew it was a day later and I was in a hospital. My brother told me the nurse assigned to me was a real "Yeah Baby" but I can't remember her at all. The last time I spent time in the hospital was about 6 years ago when I had Congestive Heart Failure. No fun whatsoever.

Last edited by gophergunner; 05/27/20.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just got out last week.... did 15 days for pancreatitis..... my first and hopefully last for a long long time.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Too many.

My encounter with vibrio was a few days.

Then 5 days in ICU when I had my heart procedure.

I figure any day I wake up outside a hospital is a good one.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hardway
Just got out last week.... did 15 days for pancreatitis..... my first and hopefully last for a long long time.

Pancreatitis is a lot of fun, ain't it? My first bout I had zero idea what was inside trying to come out my navel. Second one, my doctor (different doc since we moved) thought it was my appendix, I was able to convince him otherwise. No recurrence since,

I, too, hope it is your last one!

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Three nights for my first knee surgery in 1979. Six nights for my heart attack in 2002. Wasn't supposed to live through that. Three nights for left knee replacement. Three nights for right knee replacement. Knee replacements were in 2009. Didn't do them both at the same time. One night this past January for a retread on the left knee.

And, probably not the last.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Two overnighters as a kid.
Would be outpatient stuff now.

Had two outpatient deals about twenty yrs ago.

Spine and shoulder stuff not gonna be fun

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Six nights in January with 360 back surgery was the longest. That's enough for me...The surgery wasw tough but the bad part was they would come by every 30 minutes and poke more pils down me. Day two I got sick as a lizard eating cat and turned down all those meds they were poking at me. Throwing up with stitches front and back is high entertainment. After my bowels woke up I was able to eat again but never did take all those meds they threw at me. Opioids were the worst part too....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by super T
Two nights ten tears ago after a roto-rooter on my prostate. I'm 77 now. That's it so far.

That hurts just reading it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Never an overnight,but have had a few "repairs " done.
Hernia,kidney stone,and Tortion,,,,look that one up and get back to me if it doesn't make you cringe.
Had it twice,second time they had to throw a few stitches in so it should never happen again.
All +all not too bad for 55

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Last fall 10 days. First hospital couldn't figure it out. Transferred me to another. Finally discharged me with no results ( I bitched alot) .

My provider got a hold of me a couple days later saying I had 2 fungal infections and put me in touch with infectious diseases.

That test result sat for 10 days and it took my primary who finally got the results to figure it out. I was pissed.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
63 years old........8 nights.....4 different instances

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Besides the time between being born and Mom taking me home? One, Halloween 2012 after surgery to repair a torn disk in my neck.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
One when I had my prostate extricated and one when I stayed with the wife after a surgery she had.

Probably a couple right after birth. I was the first one of my siblings born in a hospital. That's a little fuzzy though...

Aged 67.5 years so far.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Way, way, way too many. It's almost all broken stuff from being in the wrong place at the right time.

Me good foot is on the bad leg.

If I was a dog they'd call me Lucky, if I was a cat I'd be on the last life..

After one injury it was about 50% of the time for about 3 years... in & out, in & out. Most of the steel is out now. It was over 40 years ago for that one.

I could be the 6 million $$ man if it wasn't for lousy HMOs.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
35 maybe 40 days/nights..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
One night when I was about 5 years old for my tonsil removal then one night about 3 years ago when I had a hip replaced. All the other orthopedic work has been in and out the same day.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
not one night. 70 years old. i take no meds and am in great health. i get a full physical every year and my doc tells me to keep doing what i'm doing. i am the most blessed man i know. God is so good.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Since I've been born, age 59, - one night for a 'false flag' heart attack.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
45 years old.

Never have spent a night in the hospital as a patient. Have never had a broken bone. Had 3 stitches when I was a toddler.

That, despite some incredibly stupid chit I did in my youth, and in college. Plus hunting, plus mountain biking, plus rock climbing.....

Probably luck more than anything.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Seventy three here. Never.

1Minute
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

638 members (160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1234, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,317
Posts18,449,266
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.