Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
War Eagle ,

Howdoo .
I moved away from Biloxi in Sept. 2002 - never heard of that catch - WOW !!!!!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Hey Mike, just living the dream bud...tried our hand at the snapper opener Friday...seas kicked our butts and we turned back in like sissies. The wife and daughter weren't enjoying the ride so we spent the day inshore. Hoping the winds lay a little this coming weekend.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Last year a 10’ Great White was caught off the Navarre Beach pier. Navarre is just to the east of Pensacola Beach.

https://www.newsherald.com/news/201...t-off-navarre-beach-pier?template=ampart

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
It’s one thing to hike in bear and cat country but big sharks in open water give me the willies.

Try diving the Southern OR, Humboldt, and Mendocino coast.............where I learned to dive. You know, where their food lives?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Dave,

I just watched that whole video.

I pee-peed in my pants a little bit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
two bluefin brought into port A this yr one over 600 and the other over 700 both caught at perdido.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Dave,

I just watched that whole video.

I pee-peed in my pants a little bit.

Wonder how long they were down and how long it took them to come back up?
Can't cheat the curve...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from gannett-cdn.com]
Unama'ki is a 2,076 pound, 15-foot, 5-inch white shark tagged Sept. 20 by OCEARCH. (Photo: R. SNOW/OCEARCH)

clic pic for story

2,076-pound great white shark Unama'ki 'pings' off Pensacola over the weekend

Jake Newby, Pensacola News JournalPublished 2:24 p.m. CT Feb. 17, 2020

She's back!

Unama'ki, the 2,076-pound great white shark that "pinged" against the Northwest Florida shores on Feb. 1 has pinged once again, this time even closer to Pensacola on Saturday morning.

Unama'ki was tagged in Scaterie Island, Nova Scotia, in the fall of 2019 by the research nonprofit group OCEARCH. She has since traveled close to 3,000 miles in 103 days.

At 11:09 a.m. Saturday, she pinged directly south of Pensacola and Pensacola Beach in the Gulf of Mexico.

Hilton: Hilton, the 1,326-pound great white shark, visits the Gulf Coast

Unama'ki: Unama'ki, a 15-foot great white shark, pings off Florida Gulf coast

Miss Costa: Miss Costa, a 12-foot great white shark 'pings' again in Gulf of Mexico

“As a big mature female, Unama’ki has the potential to lead us to the site where she gives birth and exposes a new white shark nursery,” OCEARCH says on its website, referring to the 15-foot, 5-inch great white.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll be out over the weekend fishing for tuna, marlin, and swordfish overnight.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
"Jaws" cured me of my habit of swimming a few hundred yards off the beach. I went ankle deep for a very long time after that .

A whole generation of Australian kids developed a real suspicion of bathtubs after that flick.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by JSTUART
"Jaws" cured me of my habit of swimming a few hundred yards off the beach. I went ankle deep for a very long time after that .

A whole generation of Australian kids developed a real suspicion of bathtubs after that flick.

They showed that movie at my high school one rainy afternoon, not long after it came out. I remember the bloke sitting next to me suddenly ran outside to hurl in sheer terror at one stage. It did turn a few off the idea of ocean swimming, but not for long - too entrenched in us already. Swimming and getting your lifesaving accreditation was compulsory anyway. Bushwalking (which often meant going down some bush track to a beach somewhere) and sailing were also offered.

I remember when I used to do a bit of spearfishing seeing the odd shark. We left each other alone, and I was always careful to have the killed fish attached to a float asap, and to have that float well away from me. One of the blokes I used to go out with was more afraid of them. Not only did he have a powerhead (as we all did), but loops on his weight belt to carry a few extra rounds of .303 for it. I don't quite know what he thought he was preparing for - fighting off a whole mob of them no doubt.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Everything in Oz will kill you either by biting, eating, or looking at you. I'm surprised any kid that lives outside the city limits of Sydney ever lives to adulthood. You guys certainly have your share of Great Whites down there.

Here along the Gulf Coast that Great White is interesting just because we don't see that many of them in the Gulf. It doesn't particularly worry me though, we have more than our share of Bull Sharks and they're arguably more aggressive than Great Whites. The Bulls come into shallower water also so they're a lot more dangerous in my opinion. The GW's might be bigger, but I don't think it really matters if you're getting eaten by a 10' Bull Shark instead of a 15' Great White, the outcome is the same most likely.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We’ve had great whites up here off the coast of Westport. We have a terrible problem with sea lions and seals so while I’d like to see their numbers drastically decline I don’t think I wanna trade a bunch of great whites for our sea lions. It’s best if we just encourage our Orcas to get their buffet on...

Several years ago I was fishing up at Neah Bay and the sea lions were thick and annoying as usual. They hung around the fish cleaning dock waiting for the meatless fish carcasses and barking to beat hell. I went back 2 weeks later and noticed that the sea lions were gone, not a single one to be found. I asked the girl that was doing the creel counts about the sudden absence of the sea lions. She said that a pod of Orcas came into the bay corralled and trapped the sea lions at the head of the bay while they slowly and methodically picked the sea lions apart. She said the bay was red with the blood of dozens of those giant tubs of lard. There was only a single female sea lion that wasn’t killed, likely left alive intentionally so that she could tell the tale of the slaughter. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Everything in Oz will kill you either by biting, eating, or looking at you. I'm surprised any kid that lives outside the city limits of Sydney ever lives to adulthood. You guys certainly have your share of Great Whites down there.

Here along the Gulf Coast that Great White is interesting just because we don't see that many of them in the Gulf. It doesn't particularly worry me though, we have more than our share of Bull Sharks and they're arguably more aggressive than Great Whites. The Bulls come into shallower water also so they're a lot more dangerous in my opinion. The GW's might be bigger, but I don't think it really matters if you're getting eaten by a 10' Bull Shark instead of a 15' Great White, the outcome is the same most likely.

Even in Sydney there are critters that will kill you. You'll get funnelweb spiders (redbacks and house spiders too, which will generally only make you wish you were dead), various venomous snakes and so on. Down on the seashore you'll get blue-ringed octopus, and there are bull sharks that get a fair way up into the various estuaries and rivers. Tiger sharks too, and the occasional great white in Sydney waters.

It is pretty rare that anyone actually gets killed, but as kids we are taught to be wary of such critters.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

270 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 25 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,726
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.