Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think I will check this out tomorrow

Video Trailer

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks interesting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Definitely going to check it out.

Hulu will have it to stream one day after it premiers on the Nat. Geo channel.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not trying to be a buzz kill, read the synopsis of this movie. Paraphrasing, two Europeans come to America three hundred years ago, start cutting trees and causing deforestation, leading to present day global warming. Huh? I do not think anything can be produced anymore without blaming mankind or white men.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I took that as a reference to a very religious, God fearing man. We shall see, Curious here!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The lead up to global warming is when I lost interest. Just tired of all that. Hope it is enjoyable for you. Report back.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The first episode of the mini series, Grant, airs tomorrow on the History Channel, same time as, Barkskins, too.

Grant Three-Night Miniseries Event Premieres Memorial Day at 9/8c

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My concern about global warming is tempered by the dire warnings, not that long ago, about global cooling and the coming ice age.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No TV/No subscription so it’ll be a while for me.

As far as first contact flicks go, everybody knows “Black Robe” but my own favorite is “The New World”, panned by many. In particular I like Wes ’s role as Powhatan’s brother Opchanacanough, one of the very first Indian leaders to clearly see the writing on the wall, even survived a trip to England to see the king, he was still formidable well into his 80’s.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Barkskins is starting right now on The National Geographic Channel.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Having read this thread, I just turned on Barskins. And there are two cute 16 year old dollies in night gowns. And the old battleaxe Mother Superior is calling them in to the back room so she can stick her fingers into their hoo-ha.

WTF? I turned off the tv.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
OK, I'm hooked. They showed the first two episodes, but now I have to wait until next Monday to watch episode 3. There is no global warming or climate change BS. It is a bit on the bloody/gruesome side.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I’ve watched the 1st two episodes and they seem a bit dull so far, maybe it will pick up.

Wonder who gets to bang the girl first they found in the woods?

Last edited by tpcollins; 05/28/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Annie Proulx who wrote the book also wrote Brokeback Mountain.

Anyways, in the book the one guy puts in his three years servitude, marries an Indian woman and his family become the oppressed Indians struggling in a White man’s world.

The other guy ruthlessly builds a fur and timber empire, Anglicizes his name and his family end up as bigwigs in NYC.

The book spans 300 years, I dunno about the series.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
MMM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The Quaker Oats dude is pretty badass. I will keep watching.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Has not exactly caught my binge attention. Kind of slow to start....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
196 members (32_20fan, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 27 invisible), 2,077 guests, and 971 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.