Print Thread
Hop To
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Masks Will Be Required

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Theme park fans in Tampa Bay will soon be able to explore central Florida’s abundance of attractions but things will be different than when they closed in March.

Walt Disney World, one of the world’s top tourist destinations, announced its plans Wednesday to reopen its parks in July.

It plans to reopen Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom July 11. EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are set to reopen on July 15.

Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings endorsed Disney’s plans after they were presented to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force Wednesday morning.

The plans have now been submitted to the state of Florida.

Guests at Walt Disney World will have their temperature checked and will be required to wear face coverings.

“We have strong language that says they are required when you enter into the property. We have our social distancing squad in the area that is politely and effectively encouraging our guests to keep the masks on,” said Jim McPhee, Walt Disney World Senior Vice President of Operations.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Capacity will be significantly reduced in the parks, restaurants, attractions, retail stores and modes of transportation.

“We will be also managing our overall attendance demand through a new theme park reservation system that will require our guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance,” said McPhee.

According to the Disney Parks Blog, Disney is temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations.

Existing ticket holders and annual passholders will be able to make reservation requests.

Disney is suspending meet-and-greets, fireworks and parades to promote social distancing.

Hand sanitizer will be available and crews will be implementing enhanced cleaning measures throughout the resort.

[Linked Image from pa1.narvii.com]

Disney Springs opened last week. Disney Vacation Club resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be reopening June 22.

Mayor Demings also endorsed SeaWorld’s plans to reopen Wednesday.

SeaWorld intends to reopen SeaWorld park, Aquatica and Discovery Cove to the public on June 11.

“We’ll create staggered seating so that people can have the appropriate distancing and then after those shows and presentations we will have enhanced cleaning processes in those areas as well,” said Marc Swanson, Interim CEO, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.

Temperature screenings and face coverings will be required for guests and employees. Guests without a mask will be provided one.

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]

As with all theme parks set to reopen, SeaWorld will be enhancing its cleaning and sanitation measures.

“We will actually have hand sanitizer as you get on the ride, hands sanitizer as you get off the ride,” said Swanson.

Universal Studios Orlando announced last week its intent to fully reopen to the public on June 5.

Masks and temperature checks will be required for all guests and employees at Universal Studios.

LEGOLAND Florida in Winter Haven will reopen to guests on Monday.

Visitors will be encouraged, but not required, to wear masks.

[Linked Image from media1.giphy.com]

Busch Gardens and Adventure Island, which are owned by the same company as SeaWorld, have not announced reopening plans.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i cannot imagine wearing a mask at disney in july. i can't even imagine going to disney in the summer at all.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I ain’t wearing no damn mask! I guess I’m not going!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I looked at youtube yesterday, and 1/2 the suggested stuff was disney park wonders. I figured there was a push. They can keep their virtue signaling corporation.

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Has anyone heard even a rumor of how much stimulus money Disney qualified for?
They have had to have been losing 10's if not 100's of millions of dollars during in this shutdown....

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Walt was a chain smoking, Scotch drinking saint. Walt's bother Roy ran the business well until he died. After that----.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Roy died 50 years ago, it seems the business has been growing like crazy ever since.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Jeff I was talking about the quality of product.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’d almost rather be dead than go there!

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I am just a absolute Disney fanatic, last time I went was the 4th of July 1976 to celebrate our countries bicentennial.
They had a hell'ov a fireworks display....... Been thinking about going back ever since but I don't wanna over do it....

I just make the post's to help people get their heads wrapped around the idea of being able to get back to their normal lives.
The pandemic just ain't gonna getcha...

IC B3

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Jeff I was talking about the quality of product.

Walt was the creator, Roy was the bean counter...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Walt was a chain smoking, Scotch drinking saint. Walt's bother Roy ran the business well until he died. After that----.

Standing in line for 90 minutes in the Florida sun to ride Dumbo would humble you. 😃

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rem141r
i cannot imagine wearing a mask at disney in july. i can't even imagine going to disney in the summer at all.

So true... BTDT. Just ask the costumed characters. I worked there for 11+ years.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm a fan of Scrooge, Carl Barks drew, and wrote great comic stories.[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffA

Temperature screenings and face coverings will be required for guests and employees. Guests without a mask will be provided one.

I can't see taking a chance on dropping a few prepaid thousands on planes and hotel rooms only to be denied admission at the park gate because of a fever.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 2,168 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,136
Posts18,464,777
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.