Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I have 22-250's,22-250 AI's and 224 Speedmires in 7" and 8" RPM both. From any/all angles,the Speedmire is the vastly superior chambering. Fretting 500pcs of brass,for any of the lot,is both STUPID and fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I've got six rifles and ammo stacked in the front hall waiting to go shoot prairie dogs in a few days. Most of them have 500 pieces of ammo each except the 6BR which has 300. Now I could have bought all Lapua or Alpha for them, and the 6BR does have Lapua which is why there's only 300, but with Lapua 22-250 at 90 cents a piece that'd take a chunk out of the beer money and I found out that prvi partisan at 30 cents a piece, neck turned and annealed after every firing makes prairie dogs die just as well, or at least good enough that it doesn't matter. Likewise for the .223's and 20 practicals the Lake City brass I laid in several years ago for 10 cents a piece at a fire sale works good enough to where I don't miss Lapua at 60 cents a piece, and I don't feel bad about not reaching in to retrieve it when it's been flung down a prairie dog hole. Having $500 in brass sitting there is more tolerable than $3000, that'll let me spin on another barrel for the 22-250 that's on it's last legs with some left over for a few fishing trips after specks and reds. I'm just a poor cargo pilot though, I don't have all the money lying around to blow on 500 pieces of top shelf brass for every rifle.

There's also the issue that everybody seems to have forgotten about, that is brass not being available at any price. Remember the Obama years? Back then we weren't arguing about which brass was best, we were just trying to find anything. If Hillary Clinton had been elected we'd be doing the same right now. If Joe Biden gets elected we'll be right back at it the first time he opens his mouth about gun control "for the children". A 22-250 will be a lot easier to feed than a 22 Creedmoor if that happens again, although I concede that if it isn't for a high volume rifle I'd just lay in a hundred or two cases, keep them annealed, and not worry about it much.

I figure a fellow that isn't concerned about the price of brass much not shoot much. Don't feel bad, there's a lot of y'all around...........

BP-B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by skywalker
......any recommendations on who to use?

The aforementioned recommendation of Jon Beanland is a good one. I've got two rifles built by him and he's as good as they come.

The mention that a good coyote rifle isn't a good prairie dog rifle is also a good point. They're vastly different and you need to decide what you really want it to do. Talk to Jon and tell him exactly what you're looking for, he'll steer you right. If it's not going to be a high volume PD rifle but rather mostly for coyotes with an occasional prairie dog then all that stuff about brass is a moot point, pick whichever chambering you'd rather have.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I have 22-250's,22-250 AI's and 224 Speedmires in 7" and 8" RPM both. From any/all angles,the Speedmire is the vastly superior chambering. Fretting 500pcs of brass,for any of the lot,is both STUPID and fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I've got six rifles and ammo stacked in the front hall waiting to go shoot prairie dogs in a few days. Most of them have 500 pieces of ammo each except the 6BR which has 300. Now I could have bought all Lapua or Alpha for them, and the 6BR does have Lapua which is why there's only 300, but with Lapua 22-250 at 90 cents a piece that'd take a chunk out of the beer money and I found out that prvi partisan at 30 cents a piece, neck turned and annealed after every firing makes prairie dogs die just as well, or at least good enough that it doesn't matter. Likewise for the .223's and 20 practicals the Lake City brass I laid in several years ago for 10 cents a piece at a fire sale works good enough to where I don't miss Lapua at 60 cents a piece, and I don't feel bad about not reaching down to retrieve it when it's been flung down a prairie dog hole. Having $500 in brass sitting there is more tolerable than $3000, that'll let me spin on another barrel for the 22-250 that's on it's last legs with some left over for a few fishing trips after specks and reds. I'm just a poor cargo pilot though, I don't have all the money lying around to blow on 500 pieces of top shelf brass for every rifle.

There's also the issue that everybody seems to have forgotten about, that is brass not being available at any price. Remember the Obama years? Back then we weren't arguing about which brass was best, we were just trying to find anything. If Hillary Clinton had been elected we'd be doing the same right now. If Joe Biden gets elected we'll be right back at it the first time he opens his mouth about gun control "for the children". A 22-250 will be a lot easier to feed than a 22 Creedmoor if that happens again, although I concede that if it isn't for a high volume rifle I'd just lay in a hundred or two cases, keep them annealed, and not worry about it much.

I figure a fellow that isn't concerned about the price of brass much not shoot much. Don't feel bad, there's a lot of y'all around...........

Blow hunter,

I rather enjoyed the HILARIOUSLY Fascinating Vagina Monologue,recounting your Brokedick Ineptitude...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Assuredly,you were typing with trembling fingers,wearing Latex gloves and garbed in a mask,while wearing your Drool Bib to boot? Hint. LAUGHING!

Do dangle some pics of these High Zoot wares you are trying to expound upon,because THAT is gonna be funnier than fhuqk sweetheart! Dare ya'!!! HINT.

Pardon Facts and Physics upsetting you so,as you look to frost your Stupidity,with the Melting Snowflake Routine,that is assuredly no "act",nor an "arguement". HINT.

Obama never slowed my trigger finger even a smidge,because I've never been one to fhuqking linger. Though in fairness,I always did hope to go Fishing some day. Hint. LAUGHING!!!

I'd mention that EVERY piece of 22-250 brass,can be a Speedmire,but your unibrow would furrow,your crossed-eyes close and that would be "unfair". Hint. LAUGHING!

What part of fhuqking Retardia are you from,besides dead square in the fhuqking middle?!? I'm not doubting your a schitty pilot either. HINT.

Bless your heart,for doing your best,with what sooooooooooo fhuqking AMAZINGLY little you have to work with.

Hint.

WOW +P++++.

Laughing!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I'm not doubting your a schitty pilot either. HINT.

I'm honored, I got my own rant and pretty quick at that. Those fingers must have been flying so fast that you couldn't sound out the big words to spell.

You should clean the spittle off your monitor, it'll help you see better.

Laughing!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Blow hunter,

You rant yourself reliably,with Poetic Poignancy and chock FULLl of Oblivious Humor,by simply doing your best...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I had no reason to surmise that your coming clean as being a poor pilot,was anything deviating from the "explanations" you have attempted,to "think" that Stupidity is a "choice". Sweetie...it's a plight and few are as ridden as you. I reckon a couple/few Puns be intended. Hint. LAUGHING!

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that you run like a bitch from all things The Rifle,but what other "move" does someone like you "have"?!? A CLUELESS Fhuqking Retard talking floorsweeps and deeply Traumatized with Chicken Little Politics,from her Covid Quarantine Couch,cain't add any substance. Hint. LAUGHING!!!

Bless your heart for Trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
A second rant! I'm truly blessed today!

I'll have to run it through my Pig Latin translator to figure out what it says. Billy Joe the methhead that intreprets that is currently in jail though, I'll get back to you when he's out and can translate it for me.

Laughing!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Blow hunter,

Nawwwwww,you've amassed wayyyyy more than that...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Be SURE to cite any/all vernacular I've used,that is "too big" or "Too Technical" for you to follow and I'll happily substitute verbage. Hint. LAUGHING!

Do keep in mind,it's never too late to reiterate,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Might I suggest some Imaginary Pretend Ignore too,as it's long been the rage for you fhuqking Retards. Hint.

Bless your heart for Trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!................

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thx fellas- he’s on my ignore list for a reason.
I talked to Jon yesterday and will be calling Mr Feldcamp tomorrow.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
.22 Speedmire may be interesting if I didn't already have an 8 twist Shilen barreled .22-250 that's a tack driver.

DF

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
As harsh as ol Big Stick is...he's 100% right in the .223/.223 AI recommendation, also about brass. If the OP is worried about 500 pieces of brass then a .223 is hard to beat.

Stick, have you shot any game with the 90gr A-tips yet? I've been considering them for a 22-243.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by adam32
As harsh as ol Big Stick is...he's 100% right in the .223/.223 AI recommendation, also about brass. If the OP is worried about 500 pieces of brass then a .223 is hard to beat.

Stick, have you shot any game with the 90gr A-tips yet? I've been considering them for a 22-243.

How fast would you need to spin those, what twist?

DF

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by aalf

Cartridges aside, a good coyote rifle is not the same as a good prairie dog rifle, and vice versa......

Aalf, can you elaborate on this? Would appreciate your thoughts.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
generally when one thinks of prairie dogs, high volume shooting comes to mind. Neither the 22-250 or the creed fit that bill. Smaller cases work much better for prairie dog shooting, if one wants to whackem as fast as you can see em without cookin a barrel in short order.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I understand that... I thought Aalf was talking about rifles, not chamberings.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cast10K
Originally Posted by aalf

Cartridges aside, a good coyote rifle is not the same as a good prairie dog rifle, and vice versa......

Aalf, can you elaborate on this? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Originally Posted by TRnCO
generally when one thinks of prairie dogs, high volume shooting comes to mind. Neither the 22-250 or the creed fit that bill. Smaller cases work much better for prairie dog shooting, if one wants to whackem as fast as you can see em without cookin a barrel in short order.

This in a nutshell ^^^^^

With PD guns, weight is your friend, for spotting shots and less accumulated recoil in a full day of shooting. Performance is not as critical, miss, shoot again, and again, and again..... grin You can argue cartridges and ballistics till you're blue in the face, but in the end a 223 is hard to ignore......the more the merrier.....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Unless you hunt coyotes 10 yards from the truck, I prefer a lighter, sporter style rifle for packing and shooting, with performance a real consideration, and barrel life a lesser concern. Under eight pounds if possible, but a couple of favorites go a little over, in the interest of bullet proof glass, rings, and bases.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
crytalker,

Don't be too hard on the schitty pilot,she's doing the best she can,with what incredibly fhuqking little she has to work with. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

Dirt',

I have it on good authority,that the 22-250 SALAMI cleans up exceptionally,with a Speedmire reamer. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Simply pick your freebore and roll in accordance. Make mine .100"-esque. Hint.

I'd go no other way,on a barrel 18" or longer. Re-hint...................

'32,

The 90's don't aspook me and I reckon it'd be easy to arrange flingin' one into a Hog Bear,in the interest of R&D. Pretty warm Skinning Weather and I'd just as soon,not wish to stick a knife in one. Hint.

Bang for the buck,the 88's have no fhuqking equal,but I savvy The Beer Can's appeal. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Coming full circle,the OP is in wayyyyyy over her head and has ZERO fhuqking idea of what's what...which only adds to the humor. The 223/223AI is simply a fhuqking MONSTER,whether it Critters,Canines or Vermin. No thang to shoot a single boolit to do it all with and it's funnier than fhuqk,that something soooooooooooo fhuqking simplistic,stumps so many folks. Hint.

Bless their hearts for Crying.

Hint.

Laughing!....................

cast',

It is VERY fhuqking easy,to assemble a Down And Dirty Utility Rifle,the particulars of which have been set upon a Silver Platter,yet escaping many...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Trigger time trumps all and gals talking about 500pcs of brass for a Flame Thrower,are simply talking out their ass and don't turn a fhuqking lick. Not that I don't enjoy The FULL Pelosi Vagina Monologues. Hint.

If one is stumped in assembling a Handy/Dandy Utilitarian and simply shooting it until the barrel pukes,then rinsing and repeating,they's beyond help. Hint.

Bless their hearts for Trying though.

Hint.

Tryin'Co,

No schit?!? Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Drooling Fhuqktards are a HOOT! Hint.

What next,an expose on how a $5 bill is bigger than a $1 bill? None of you Clueless Fhuqks have seen a good rifle,a good bullet or let alone used 'em in conjunction. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess. You gals would be on the right track,to slow down,shut the fhuqk up and whistle 50rds through a GOOD 22LR. Hint.

bless your hearts for tRying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well hell!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

I've run the 90gr Berger in a 1/8 so I don't see why the A-tip would be much different.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

I've run the 90gr Berger in a 1/8 so I don't see why the A-tip would be much different.

The 90 Beer Can is longer than the Booger 90. Length,not weight,are which determine requisite RPM. Hint.

The 88 ELD's BC is better than the 90 Booger to boot and if only for starters. Hint.

We'll save Atmospherics,for your next Try. Hint.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
When did the OP mention being worried about brass? Some of you can completely ruin a thread due to a severe lack of reading comprehension.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
646 members (160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 74 invisible), 2,776 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,172
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.