Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Or the lack of tourist trade. Have any notice any decrease in income from the lack?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We are heading up to our north Idaho cabin next week where we would normally see loads of Canadians visiting. It will be interesting this year.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I live near one of the big RV rental places. They cater to Germans, mostly. They have huge field full of their class Cs. They would normally be out on the road now. That 14 day quarantine isn't going away any time soon. Washington state has 1055 deaths, BC has 162. Washington state population is one and half times that of B.C.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Three fishing lodges that I go to have all closed for this season -- not opening at all. Deposits will either be refunded or held for next season.

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
wabigoon;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you and this finds you and yours well.

The tourist trade here in the Okanagan has gone the way of the Dodo bird sir - as in non-existent.

As far as decreased income sir, well that's a wee bit of an understatement as the income derived from tourists has of course followed their absence.

Honestly we are bracing for impact when the numbers of unemployed and the results from that all begin to manifest themselves.

While I'd love to tell you I see a silver lining here sir, thus far, there's none to be found in my opinion.

Once again, we'll see I suppose and hope for better and brighter days ahead.

All the best to you all sir. Stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Or the lack of tourist trade. Have any notice any decrease in income from the lack?

Wait...Canada has a tourist trade...really?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Wait...Canada has a tourist trade...really?

Well in the West we have the Calgary Stampede --- not running this year due to Cv19, Banff and Jasper National Parks -- not open until June and then to residents only due to Cv19, some great fishing lodges in the North and on the Wet coast not operating, lots of great driving tours with local RV parks -- not open. So in a land where a US resident could come and soon buy something for a dollar and get their merchandise and one of our peso's in return, there will be a noticeable lack of US tourists coming up. Local hunting lodges have been advertising for Canadian hunters as the spring bear / goose hunts were impacted.

Some areas are suffering more than others.

It will be interesting come this winter when the snowbirds head south to see the impact. A number of travel insurers had given timelines to get back to the country or origin as they would not cover costs for Cv19 treatment. This could affect plans if this policy extends into the late fall / winter months. It may also be affecting those that want to come over here and tour.

For the Maritimes Nfld was closed completely to outsiders. NB was closed and not allowing people from Quebec in which created a bit of a stir as NB in some Quebecers mind is a sub territory to theirs. I read that NS, NB and Nfld were discussing opening up to people from the three provinces only.

So yes there was tourism. In some ways perhaps a bit of hurt in Canada is good and will wake up people to the types of governments that we have. Businesses trying to re-start are having difficulty due to the Federal Government "free" stay at home no strings attached money. I am not sure how a person could operate a motel chain and get help when people are being paid to not work.

Hugh
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The impact on our campground has been minimal although there has been some minor loss of income for us. I strongly suspect the major impact will be felt in the coming years as we try to dig out of the hole the government has dug for us. People who are enjoying the windfall of government money this summer, may be faced with having to do without next year. We will wait and see what the impact may be.
If we are less busy, it gives me time to work on improvements I want to make. GD

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The impact on our campground has been minimal although there has been some minor loss of income for us. I strongly suspect the major impact will be felt in the coming years as we try to dig out of the hole the government has dug for us. People who are enjoying the windfall of government money this summer, may be faced with having to do without next year. We will wait and see what the impact may be.
If we are less busy, it gives me time to work on improvements I want to make. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The government has banned large cruise ships until October. . Hunters and fishermen are small potatoes in comparison, Vancouver receives over a million visitors from the cruise ships.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
The government has banned large cruise ships until October. . Hunters and fishermen are small potatoes in comparison, Vancouver receives over a million visitors from the cruise ships.

Vancouver has Cruise ships? Amazing I thought BCeer's were against anything that would be a consumer of fossil fuels and not GHG friendly. BC hurting over no cruise ships, do the people see this as a bad thing?

Next thing I suppose we will hear is that they have an island in the harbour for storing coal shipped from the US, as their west coast ports will not allow it to be shipped, to export to China.

Hugh
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't see a problem with a cruise ship leaking a few tourists. They are pretty easy to clean up.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 50 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,225
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.