Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I would like to thank all of you folk for enlightening me on how Leupolds are foreign made and with so many tracking issues one cannot depend on them for a hunt.

I’ve now switched all of my rifles to Skinner and XS Ghost sights. If you need a scope to hunt then it ain’t hunting anymore, its sniping. A true hunter gets close.

Thanks again

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I really wanted to believe Gray’s Sporting Journal wouldn’t have fallen for such market hype.

Gray’s Best

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 05/28/20.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Yep. All thirty plus Leupolds of mine suck, poor things should be sold for scrap.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I really wanted to believe Gray’s Sporting Journal wouldn’t have fallen for such market hype.

Gray’s Best

That article is nearly 4 months old for Pete's sake. Obsolete information.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Ive had problems with many of mine...as a result i now don't own any.

I switched to iron sights last year and had a great time. I hunt at shorter distances though due to where i hunt so honestly they work better for me.

GOD Bless America
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
If you need a scope to hunt then it ain’t hunting anymore, its sniping. A true hunter gets close.

Thanks again
There are a lot of people out there today who can't and don't really hunt but do kill stuff. They rely on modern technology rather than woodsmanship for success. Target shooting using live targets is what it boils down to.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well, by God, I put an odd ball combo on a 444 and its the dang Bomb...

I always thought the XS set for the 95 style frame was hulking. I installed a regular 336 rear XS with Skinner Bearbuster 1” spacing front sight.

Its the sight system it should be.

Cheesy, sorry to post such an outdated article. Leupold probably got worse since that time according to the 24campfire experts.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I would like to thank all of you folk for enlightening me on how Leupolds are foreign made and with so many tracking issues one cannot depend on them for a hunt.

I’ve now switched all of my rifles to Skinner and XS Ghost sights. If you need a scope to hunt then it ain’t hunting anymore, its sniping. A true hunter gets close.

Thanks again

Just a WAG but I'm thinking there is a vast difference in the terrain that you and I hunt.

If you really want to be a true hunter throw rocks.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I use brass knuckles

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Over 40 + years of using Leupold Scopes along with others, I've only had one bad one out of the box. Leupold is not the very best but in the top five.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Some folks just are stuck in their own bubble and really don't care what goes on outside of it, and that's fine.

The problem arises when these people compare everything to their own bubble...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I rather enjoy Melting Snowflakes going FULL Pelosi and turning into puddles of Liberal Tears...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

HILARIOUSLY,none in The Paper Hat Brigade has ever even seen a sound rifle,let alone used one and wouldn't know even where to start in order to extract inherent merit. Though in fairnes,they will lick the schit outta windows and cry unison,as the Estrogen Levels surge. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless their CLUELESS hearts for Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

Thanks again

Just a WAG but I'm thinking there is a vast difference in the terrain that you and I hunt.

I have, and used a spear too. I’ve never taken a deer with a spear though. I have killed deer with chicken wire, t-post, and a ball bat.

No Snowflake here

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
#theykindasuck

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
^^^^ A “snowflake” would post dat ^^^^^^

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JennyLicko,

Cite the Reupolds you "used"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than a fhuqking Texan trying to talk about Rifles or The Outdoors. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Trying though.

I enjoy that you can nearly "afford" an Avatar too. You CLUELESS Snowflakes are a HOOT!

Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member

Thanks again

I have, and used a spear too. I’ve never taken a deer with a spear though. I have killed deer with chicken wire, t-post, and a ball bat.

No Snowflake here
No truck? That is the number one method of take for deer around here.

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Sh1t, a rock works better than any Leupold grin

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
JennyLicko,

Cite the Reupolds you "used"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than a fhuqking Texan trying to talk about Rifles or The Outdoors. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Trying though.

I enjoy that you can nearly "afford" an Avatar too. You CLUELESS Snowflakes are a HOOT!

Hint.

I’m retired Military living in Texas because of grandkids MORON.

I don’t mean to call you a name but you called me a “Texan” and those are fighting words !

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 24HourCampFireGuy50

Thanks again

No Snowflake here
No truck? That is the number one method of take for deer around here.

Yes I have used a truck and a Z-28 on several occasions. I have also shot them left handed over the truck hood while drinkin & drivin

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,247
Posts18,466,921
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.