Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
My employer sent me home eight weeks ago as high risk. I have been on 100% sick leave, so I have no complaints.

I have now been invited to return to work, and got a note from my Dr. today which says I can.

Everyone in the plant is required to wear a mask now. Oh well! I guess we will all get used to it. We all got used to wearing the friggen hairnets 20 some years ago.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We wear mask in the plant i work.
Employer makes the rules. No Problem.

That’s the way it should be.

Same for bakeries. Etc.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see an opportunity here... wink

[Linked Image from teeducks.com]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Gotta have one, got a link to supplier?

[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
If someone has a medical exemption, I wonder how ready these companies are to face major discrimination suits?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What’s a medical exemption of having a home made mask?

Short of mosquito netting.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Probably going to become the new normal in many workplaces

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=Jim in Idaho]I see an opportunity here... wink

[Linked Image from teeducks.com][/quote

I want a couple of those!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just google "trump 2020 mask for sale" and several styles and suppliers come up.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mask are bad for your health.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 05/28/20.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I thought it was pretty harsh when they said we couldn't smoke in the woodshop anymore, circa 1988.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At COSTCO a couple of days ago there was a guy handing out masks just before you entered.
I ask if masks were mandatory to enter the store, he said "yes" I told him " no thank you I won't do that" turned and walked away.

I haven't put one on since this fiasco began, I am not starting now

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by 700LH
At COSTCO a couple of days ago there was a guy handing out masks just before you entered.
I ask if masks were mandatory to enter the store, he said "yes" I told him " no thank you I won't do that" turned and walked away.

I haven't put one on since this fiasco began, I am not starting now

A win the little man.

Dave

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Wrong color

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m glad they don’t make us wear one

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
‘Masks Are Symbolic,’ say Dr Fauci and The New England Journal of Medicine
By Jim Hoft
Published May 28, 2020 at 12:13pm
239 Comments
Share on Facebook
(3.1k)
Tweet
Email
Guest post by Bill Hennessey

In the past week, Dr. Anthony Fauci and the New England Journal of Medicine have admitted that masks are little more than symbols. Virtue signaling.

For those of you who shout “science” like it’s a Tourette tick, this is from the New England Journal of Medicine on May 21, 2020:

We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.

TRENDING: "What They Are Doing Is Tantamount to Monopoly" - BREAKING: President Trump Signs Executive Order on Social Media Censorship with Warning to Far Left Tech Giants

So, why are we ordered to wear masks? Symbolism. From the same article in NEJM:

It is also clear that masks serve symbolic roles. Masks are not only tools, they are also talismans that may help increase health care workers’ perceived sense of safety, well-being, and trust in their hospitals.

The Surgeon General was widely mocked and ridiculed for suggesting in March that masks might even increase the spread of the virus. Yet, here, the esteemed New England Journal of Medicine provides the same warning to mask-wearers:

What is clear, however, is that universal masking alone is not a panacea. A mask will not protect providers caring for a patient with active Covid-19 if it’s not accompanied by meticulous hand hygiene, eye protection, gloves, and a gown. A mask alone will not prevent health care workers with early Covid-19 from contaminating their hands and spreading the virus to patients and colleagues. Focusing on universal masking alone may, paradoxically, lead to more transmission of Covid-19 if it diverts attention from implementing more fundamental infection-control measures.

Thus, the argument is over. Anyone who advocates universal masking is merely engaging in virtue signaling, not public health.

It’s time to unmask. I, for one, don’t have enough virtue to signal.

Reposted with permission from Hennessey’s View

Submit a Correction

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I was told yesterday I needed to wear a mask when entering our companies offices, luckily once I am in the server rooms I can take it off. I also had my temperature checked when I went to service the UPS equipment at 2 of our health clinic's Thursday which is another new requirement.

Last edited by old_willys; 05/29/20.

Ted
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, I am in food and we have been wearing masks for two weeks now. I take it off for anything I use my saftey glasses for because they are not compatable due to fogging. And I wear the glasses for a legit reason, mask because I am mandated. The powers are OK with my approach but most can't take theirs off.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Smoking will keep you safe- from.Covid

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
During my workday I'm in and out of 2-6 different business every day. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the requirements, some have none some go overboard. My company is covering its ass with more and more "read and respond emails". Company lawyers and HR hacks that never get further than the nice break room deciding how I protect myself (them) and the customer (them) without any thought as to how these things work in an actual work environment. We're actually compelled to list and report customers that have no china flu procedures in place, I'm sure thats more fodder for the lawyers.
Not so long ago most of my self questions on when to retire were all about money. This chit has changed all that. I see myself so tired of the BS that I go out the door asap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

647 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,136
Posts18,464,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.