Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.fox9.com/news/rioters-s...rotests-reignite-over-george-floyd-death

Rioters set Minneapolis police precinct on fire as protests reignite over George Floyd death

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - Mayor Jacob Frey said he made the call to evacuate police officers from the 3rd Precinct before rioters set the building on fire Thursday night as protests continued to boil over in Minneapolis after the death of George Floyd.

Police said officers were able to safely evacuate as rioters breached the perimeter and started a fire that spread through the building. Shortly after, city officials warned protesters to move from the building after receiving reports that gas lines may have been cut.

We're hearing unconfirmed reports that gas lines to the Third Precinct have been cut and other explosive materials are in the building.

If you are near the building, for your safety, PLEASE RETREAT in the event the building explodes.

They urged people to move away from the building. In a tweet, Mayor Jacob Frey said the fire department is working to respond to the fires that have been set. However, he added, "We all need to work together to ensure the safety of our friends, family, and Minneapolis residents. And right now working together means clearing the area."

Frey said he made the decision to sacrifice the building and call off officers as rioters moved in. He told reporters early Friday morning that the decision came down to safety for both officers but members of the public.

"Brick and mortar is not as important as life," Frey said.

As for other city officials, in an appearance on CNN, Minneapolis Fire Chief John Fruetel appeared unaware that the 3rd Precinct was on fire or rioters had gained entry to it until anchor Don Lemon told him live on the air.

Minneapolis 3rd Precinct set on fire
The Minneapolis Police 3rd Precinct was set on fire by protesters Thursday night.

"That's very possible. I apologize for that," Fruetel said. He said he just came from another fire.

Fruetel said on CNN that the fire department would have to assess the scene before deciding to send in crews.

Firefighters have had "projectiles" thrown at them at other fires, Fruetel said. He said the windows of his chief's car have been blown out by rocks and other objects.

Speaking with FOX 9, Fruetel confirmed that some National Guard soldiers had moved into the city but only 35 were made available to the department as of about midnight. The Guard said 500 soldiers had been mobilized to the metro.

Earlier in the evening, flames could be seen shooting from the corner of the police station along Lake Street with a large crowd surrounded the building as protests once again turned violent on Thursday.

It all comes hours after a night of violence in Minneapolis sparked by the death of George Floyd in police custody.

Minneapolis is burning again. Here is video before I left ... many stores on fire.. it appears they will break into the 3rd precinct. Trying to set it on fire. No more police intervention. No sign of National Guard. I’ll put up more pics and vid

After protests throughout the day, looters seized on the chaos, breaking into businesses and making off with whatever they could get their hands on. Others set fires that burned an AutoZone location along with a construction project and also left damage to a number of other businesses.

Tensions reignite near Minneapolis’ 3rd Precinct
For the second night in a row, chaos has returned to the streets near Minneapolis' 3rd Precinct.

Thursday, it was much of the same. FOX 9 witnessed a group bust into a building and work to ignite a fire along Lake Street near the precinct.

Several cars were also set ablaze by rioters. Businesses that had boarded up their windows, after having glass smashed in the night before, were again targeted by looters who took down the boards once again. Our helicopter also spotted flames shooting from a pawn shop not far from the 3rd Precinct.

A pawn shop caught fire Thursday night amid the Floyd protests.

There was little in terms of police intervention but officers did return to the roof of the precinct building after moving off during mostly peaceful protests earlier in the day. Some officers also fired off flash bangs and tear gas in efforts to disperse the crowd.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
So you are up one the roof of your work place building and a bunch of lunatics down below are getting ready to set that building on fire.... how is that not justification to use real ammo.... maybe full auto ammo..... lots of it???

Why not set up a stand in the back of the store so you can snipe the little bastards snitching candy bars? Anything that offends me justifies lethal force. I was sick in bed yesterday when the guy across the street decided to mow with his ancient riding mower with a bad muffler before 8 AM. Should have sniped his ass. Easy shot, he has a bad knee.

So when a group of arseholes kick the front of your store in, ransack all you have worked for, and steal your families livelihood...you are just going to offer an olive branch.

Really.

Yes. First there are cops and/or National Guard to prevent it. Second they have these clever products called property and busies insurance. Nobody has to die, at least not by my hand. Killing is justified legally and morally only to save the life of an innocent, your self or another. Not to defend a thing.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Yes. First there are cops and/or National Guard to prevent it. Second they have these clever products called property and busies insurance. Nobody has to die, at least not by my hand.

And that right there is why the bastards keep doing it.

Bet they leave the Korean shops alone.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Time to put away the rubber anal bead bullets and start getting serious...Maybe Minneapolis needs to call Chuck Norris to fix this situation, pronto.

😎

Paging Chuck Norris

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
So you are up one the roof of your work place building and a bunch of lunatics down below are getting ready to set that building on fire.... how is that not justification to use real ammo.... maybe full auto ammo..... lots of it???

Why not set up a stand in the back of the store so you can snipe the little bastards snitching candy bars? Anything that offends me justifies lethal force. I was sick in bed yesterday when the guy across the street decided to mow with his ancient riding mower with a bad muffler before 8 AM. Should have sniped his ass. Easy shot, he has a bad knee.

So when a group of arseholes kick the front of your store in, ransack all you have worked for, and steal your families livelihood...you are just going to offer an olive branch.

Really.

Yes. First there are cops and/or National Guard to prevent it. Second they have these clever products called property and busies insurance. Nobody has to die, at least not by my hand.

And most of those policies do not cover losses from riot or civil unrest.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Lennie

Really.

And most of those policies do not cover losses from riot or civil unrest.

Might also mention that the cops are nowhere to be seen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And the Mafia protected shops too.

I added this after you read my post. "Killing is justified legally and morally only to save the life of an innocent, your self or another. Not to defend a thing."

If the criminal justice system works justice will be done. If not, as a voting citizen, it's my responsibility to do all I can to see that it does. We call it civilization.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I added this after you read my post. "Killing is justified legally and morally only to save the life of an innocent, your self or another. Not to defend a thing."

If the criminal justice system works justice will be done. If not, as a voting citizen, it's my responsibility to do all I can to see that it does. We call it civilization.

No...it used to be civilisation before the mobs worked out that nothing happens when they attack en masse.

Now it is up for grabs as to what it will be.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

"criminal justice system"...there is no such thing, there is only legal maggots suckling at the taxpayers tit whilst pursuing "law".

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
If enough of the public got together and started whacking these rioters the police would get involved real fast, and the typical thug criminal that makes up these mobs would lose interest in being there in a hurry.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Terry_M
If enough of the public got together and started whacking these rioters the police would get involved real fast, and the typical thug criminal that makes up these mobs would lose interest in being there in a hurry.

I would bet London to a brick the coppers would get involved...they would hunt down every single citizen that did the whacking. For there are two things coppers hate above all else...citizens stealing their thunder, and a citizenry that knows the coppers worth.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T

I would bet London to a brick the coppers would get involved...they would hunt down every single citizen that did the whacking. For there are two things coppers hate above all else...citizens stealing their thunder, and a citizenry that knows the coppers worth.

Sadly accurate

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

You are such a phaggot! When a group of thugs breaks into your house and proceeds to steal all your stuff and attempts to set in on fire while you are on the rooftop that you have fled to, please remember not to attempt to shoot said thugs, as its just "stuff".

How are you even able to walk around carrying that heavy burden of white guilt that you bear?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Terry_M

That's the way it used to be here. Ranchers would lynch horse thieves, squatters and sheep hearders. I understand Australia had its 'Wild West" period too. Did slow up the miscreants and other suspected undeairables. But didn't meet the American idea of justice. Still doesn't.

And sure, you're entitled to your opinion. Talking in an echo chamber would be boring.

Which explains a lot.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Maybe they should have put the murderer in jail.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been watching too many old westerns I guess. In cities "justice" was administered by ethnic neighborhood gangs. The Irish controlled Boston, Ruthless people nobody crossed. And then there is (still if greatly diminished) the Mafia.

Which explains a lot.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by marktheshark

You are such a phaggot! When a group of thugs breaks into your house and proceeds to steal all your stuff and attempts to set in on fire while you are on the rooftop that you have fled to, please remember not to attempt to shoot said thugs, as its just "stuff".

How are you even able to walk around carrying that heavy burden of white guilt that you bear?

nighthack is a flaming liberal POS , can't believe more members here don't see it !!!!!!!!!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ol_mike

nighthack is a flaming liberal POS , can't believe more members here don't see it !!!!!!!!!

The man had the courtesy to let me know that he had edited his post...a lot on here wouldn't have bothered.

I am good conversing with him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least they are doing it "right".

This is the first time in my memory they have actually went after
the party they are mad at.

They should leave fireman alone.
Stores, homes....
Going after the cops? Well, where did this start?

Urban Blacks in groups, and cops?
Which is more trustworthy?

But, we still don't have all the information about what happened.
When we get it, this will be repeated.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by marktheshark

He will get caught up in his own web soon enough. Just wait...

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

363 members (264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 17CalFan, 43 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,599
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.