24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Captain "Black Jack" Pershing received a silver star also.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JoeBob
You either own it or you don’t. If you own it, you can assign whatever value you want to it and sell it.

So every political office including POTUS, SCOTUS, State Govt offices and military officer position should be offered to the highest bidder then

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ribka
You either own it or you don’t. If you own it, you can assign whatever value you want to it and sell it.

So every political office including POTUS, SCOTUS, State Govt offices and military officer position should be offered to the highest bidder then

Well to be honest...that does appear to be the current position.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well to be honest...that does appear to be the current position.

lol....lol

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

If the political office was a piece of ribbon and a small hunk of metal you could put in your pocket, then, “sure”. If not, I don’t think your analogy makes any sense.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

If the political office was a piece of ribbon and a small hunk of metal you could put in your pocket, then, “sure”. If not, I don’t think your analogy makes any sense.

There are those of us that don't just see a "piece of ribbon and a small hunk of metal".

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JSTUART

There are those of us that don't just see a "piece of ribbon and a small hunk of metal".

Whoever paid $15,500 for it obviously saw something more, also.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Doesn’t really matter what you see. What matters is what the guy who owns it sees. Well, at least that’s the way is supposed to work for those who aren’t communists.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Doesn’t really matter what you see. What matters is what the guy who owns it sees. Well, at least that’s the way is supposed to work for those who aren’t communists.

Not in the US where it will cost you $100 000.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I don’t agree with the sale but Cruz or anyone else who knew before hand wouldn’t have had much trouble raising more than 15 grand to buy it and bring it back to a museum inthe US

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
You either own it or you don't.

If you own it, you have the right to sell it.

Any other opinion is right out of Mao's little red book.

You might better consider it like selling one’s knighthood or sainthood.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Bristoe
You either own it or you don't.

If you own it, you have the right to sell it.

Any other opinion is right out of Mao's little red book.

You might better consider it like selling one’s knighthood or sainthood.

No...much more.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Would of been impressed if Cruz bought it and turned it over to a military museum.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I am surprised it sold so cheap.

For myself I put it in the same realm as the Victoria Cross and do not agree with either being saleable, no man should be able to buy such unless with blood and action.

That's where I stand.

Same here.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Interesting side note, I went to Sagamore Hill. TRs house in oyster bay and when you walk in the front door THAT hat that TR is wearing in this picture is hanging on a set of elk horns in the hallway.
Anyone interested in TR at all would really enjoy that house, when his wife died they locked the doors no one else ever lived there and now it's a national park or something. I got there early and went around back and pissed on a big oak tree that I bet anything TR did the same thing to many times.

Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I am surprised it sold so cheap.

For myself I put it in the same realm as the Victoria Cross and do not agree with either being saleable, no man should be able to buy such unless with blood and action.

I agree in theory but what if the seller needs the money and the buyer wants to do so to have it put on display at a museum commemorating the original owners actions? Restricting the freedoms of those who fought for it is no worse than restricting the freedoms of every other citizen and both have grown to be overly restricted.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by helidriver72
Interesting side note, I went to Sagamore Hill. TRs house in oyster bay and when you walk in the front door THAT hat that TR is wearing in this picture is hanging on a set of elk horns in the hallway.
Anyone interested in TR at all would really enjoy that house, when his wife died they locked the doors no one else ever lived there and now it's a national park or something. I got there early and went around back and pissed on a big oak tree that I bet anything TR did the same thing to many times.

Not only is his hat from the campaign hanging from the elk antlers in the study but so is the sword he carried in battle.

Sagamore Hill is the best historical home tour I've ever been on. Note I said home and not house. You can truly feel what it was like when TR was there and there were a bunch of kids running around and it was filled with life. Truly a home. Even the park rangers are different. We had our Lab Finn with us and wanted to let her go out before we went on the tour. There was a Ranger walking by and asked where we could let her out and she said "anywhere you want, the Colonel would approve".

They finished a major renovation of the house last year (or maybe two years) ago and we need to go back.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
selling military medals awarded by Congress is illegal in the United States.

WTF? The Medal belongs to the person who earned it, received it, or his family. If he/she/they decided to sell it, great.

I didn't see Congress offering to buy it back....

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
For the sale of information as I haven’t a clue. But, did this happen to be one of the MOH’s that was recended by Congress sometime around 1917 during that great award purge? That could make a difference. Many a recipient lost his award due to Congressional action.

Just curious.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
For the sale of information as I haven’t a clue. But, did this happen to be one of the MOH’s that was recended by Congress sometime around 1917 during that great award purge? That could make a difference. Many a recipient lost his award due to Congressional action.

Just curious.

Looks like most of those were mostly Civil War ones. That's what I recalled but in making sure I was recalling correctly I found this site that has some interesting info as well as an ability to search the citations - https://www.fold3.com/page/905-medal-of-honor-awards-rescinded/stories

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 71 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.