-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Did this one slip by us? I don't recall reading it here....

Cops burst into an apartment, exchange of gunfire, Cops retreat, here's the 911 call.

https://www.wlky.com/article/911-ca...ot-my-girlfriend-breonna-taylor/32702959

...and a good video from the dead woman's sister.

I don't know how many hundreds of apprehensions and raids go on every day, almost all justified, but bad timing on this one.

They've dropped the charges against the boyfriend that made the 911 call, he exchanged gunfire with the Cops, they retreated. Whatever it was supposed to be, it sure went FUBAR.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Police training and procedures need to change.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They had a no-knock warrant, but they hit the wrong address. Taylor was an EMT for the local ambulance company. That was a total goat-fugg, across the board. There was a big riot at the Louisville City Hall last night over it, and shots WERE fired. This is a total, utter screw-up of the worst kind, really.

Louisville has been poorly "run" for as long as I've lived in the general area (45 years now), this is just another total mess generated by Democrat Leadership, it was worth it, to me, to leave the place about six years ago.

I used to know a lot of the Metro cops up there, but things went downhill really badly during the Abramson administration, and the cop leadership was chosen by political decisions, not on merit. As usual, the quality of the cop leadership in those instances got pretty sorry, and the current Chief is about as sorry as one could get. At least he's resigning over the goat-fugg. They've been after him for years, anyway.

Just ask around Kentucky, though, and they'll tell you Louisville is a goat rope, right alongside Lexington, as places you don't care to be.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 05/29/20.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
...and the boyfriend drove off three armed intruders who just burst in unannounced?

I'm sure he wishes it never happened, but that is friggin' admirable.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 05/29/20.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That was horrific. I think they just finally dropped charges on the boyfriend.

I have also read that the guy they were looking for had been arrested a few hours prior to this raid.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
...and the boyfriend drove off three armed intruders who just burst in unannounced?

I'm sure he wishes it never happened, but that is friggin' admirable.

Yes, he fought back and drove them out. I think he hit a couple of them (wearing vests) and it "discouraged them".

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RemModel8
That was horrific. I think they just finally dropped charges on the boyfriend.

I have also read that the guy they were looking for had been arrested a few hours prior to this raid.

Pretty much, they went after the wrong guy, at the wrong address, shot and killed an EMT in the process, and STILL didn't know that the right guy had already been arrested. Total mess.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Charges against the boy friend dropped but have any LE personal been charged?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Who would not shoot at a bunch of men busting into your home in the middle of the night? No knock warrents are complete bullsh~t !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
https://www.wlky.com/article/hundre...-justice-in-breonna-taylor-case/32705046

7 people shot, injured, as protest downtown calls for justice in Breonna Taylor case, Updated: 10:11 AM EDT May 29, 2020

Remaining Time -0:43
LOUISVILLE, Ky. —

Hundreds of demonstrators gathered in downtown Louisville Thursday night outside Metro Hall, calling for justice in the Breonna Taylor case.

It started out peaceful around 6 p.m., but when night fell, tear gas and gun shots filled the air.

After more than six hours of protests, police confirm at least seven people were shot, with one of them in critical condition.

Police also confirm that some arrests have been made, but they are not able to release exactly how many.

The protest erupted just hours after Mayor Greg Fischer held a town hall discussion about the case and community relations with police.
Protesters take to the streets in downtown Louisville on May 28th, 2020
Peaceful protest turns violent: A timeline of what happened in Louisville

People downtown could be heard chanting, "No justice, no peace."

LMPD officers could be seen fighting off protesters. Police did release smoke bombs and tear gas that were fired into the crowd

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH

The way democraps govern their little sanctuary cities needs to change.

I don't think it's so much of a training issue as it is a trickle down attitude from the powers that be.

The problem is much, much deeper than just the police.

The politicians waste no time in blaming the police and racism. But in reality, these things happen because years and years of democrat promises to end this sort of thing fall short. The politicians simply promise to clean up da Police, and stop dat horrible racism, and give dis, and give dat,....to get elected.

No change occurs. Why?

Because democrat politicians don't want things to change.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Charges against the boy friend dropped but have any LE personal been charged?

No, and I doubt they will. Boss Hawgg didn't have schitt on Louisville, bigger city, bigger corruption, bigger incompetence in leadership. But they'll cover each other's backs like a sumbitch.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The way democraps govern their little sanctuary cities needs to change.

I don't think it's so much of a training issue as it is a trickle down attitude from the powers that be.

The problem is much, much deeper than just the police.

The politicians waste no time in blaming the police and racism. But in reality, these things happen because years and years of democrat promises to end this sort of thing fall short. The politicians simply promise to clean up da Police, and stop dat horrible racism, and give dis, and give dat,....to get elected.

No change occurs. Why?

Because democrat politicians don't want things to change.

Just let them go on as they are long enough and they’ll burn down. Minneapolis, Louisville, and the rest. Even the ancients knew that if you wanted an orderly, park like environment in the forest, you had to periodically burn off the scrub.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was posted here.

This was another example and reason why no-knock warrants should be outlawed.

The excuse that police fear for their lives is not enough of a rationale to continue these unconstitutional procedures.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Weavers weren't black, nor was the Branch Dividions or the bikers a couple of years ago in Waco. Over 75% of the 1004 people killed by police in 2019 were not black.

folks are sick of LE jackbooted thug mentality and treatment caused from training and no enforcement of violent LE offenders

The black community just reacts differently, I disagree with their methods, two wrongs don't make a right, but good on them for at least doing something about it.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
They had a no-knock warrant, but they hit the wrong address. Taylor was an EMT for the local ambulance company. That was a total goat-fugg, across the board. There was a big riot at the Louisville City Hall last night over it, and shots WERE fired. This is a total, utter screw-up of the worst kind, really.

Louisville has been poorly "run" for as long as I've lived in the general area (45 years now), this is just another total mess generated by Democrat Leadership, it was worth it, to me, to leave the place about six years ago.

I used to know a lot of the Metro cops up there, but things went downhill really badly during the Abramson administration, and the cop leadership was chosen by political decisions, not on merit. As usual, the quality of the cop leadership in those instances got pretty sorry, and the current Chief is about as sorry as one could get. At least he's resigning over the goat-fugg. They've been after him for years, anyway.

Just ask around Kentucky, though, and they'll tell you Louisville is a goat rope, right alongside Lexington, as places you don't care to be.

The Breonna Taylor incident may have been a Goat-Rope, however, like most stories, there are two sides. The letter below from the Kentucky State FOP calls out the liberal Louisville Mayor and Police Chief for allowing the propagation of mis-information. According to the FOP, the officers WERE at the correct address shown on the warrant, and they DID knock and announce before entering. According to the FOP, the two liberal leaders are leaving the police officers hang out to dry. Where else have we seen liberal politicians allow a situation to spiral out of control to further an agenda ?

Also, while the initial charges against the suspect were dropped, the Commonwealth Attorney intends to present the case to a grand jury after a more thorough investigation. The suspect is not totally free and clear, just yet...

KY State FOP ... Click on Link for May 25

Originally Posted by Text of the FOP letter

State FOP President says Mayor Fischer is responsible for increased threats and violence towards police.

Last week, Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney Tom Wine announced that the charges against Kenneth Walker would be dropped pending further investigation and a more thorough presentation to the Grand Jury. Additionally, Mr. Wine dispelled many untruths that were being perpetrated by Mr. Walker’s attorneys and many others. Louisville Metro Police officers were, undoubtedly, at the correct address as shown in the warrant. The officers knocked and announced themselves for a period of time before forcing entry into the residence and being met with gunfire. The repeated knocking was confirmed by Kenneth Walker during an interview with investigators.

The actual facts of this case paint a much different picture than what has been portrayed nationally. The false reports have further divided the community from the police. Rumors and misnomers have led to death threats to officers and their families. This is unacceptable. The failure of Mayor Greg Fischer and LMPD Chief Steve Conrad to stop the false narrative, when they had the information to do so, has exacerbated the problem.

As an elected Sheriff, I know my responsibility to share the truth when I have it available is paramount. Mayor Fischer is responsible for the increased threats and violence towards police. Society would have every right to be angry had the false narratives been true, but they were not. Thank you Tom Wine for being honest and sharing the facts. Mayor Greg Fischer and Chief Steve Conrad should remember how they allowed this to unfold before any other false narratives are allowed to go unchecked. I, too, look forward to the completion of a thorough investigation with the truth and facts. I am confident in the dedication of my brothers and sisters in Louisville and pray for their continued safety.

“I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.” -Abraham Lincoln

Berl Perdue
President
Kentucky Fraternal Order of Police

Last edited by Orion2000; 05/29/20.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
“The Officers knocked and announced themselves for a period of time”.

I’d have to ask the Veteran Cops, what constitutes a period of time, and how loud do these announcements need to be?

There’s been a number of home invasions over the years here and elsewhere where the criminals announced themselves as police.

Seems doubtful the deceased had a significant criminal record and presumably she was drug tested regularly.

No mention of felon in possession of a firearm so perhaps Mr Walker was not a convicted felon either. No mention of significant amounts of drugs present.

If Mr Walker had been acting with criminal intent, we’d have to believe he decided to engage three armed Police Officers in a gunfight for no readily apparent reason.

Also, just because the warrant listed that apartment doesn’t mean it wasn’t the wrong address.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 67 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,538
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.