Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Old_Crab
I don't think the officers wanted him to die, but he is dead, rather than sitting in a jail cell or out-on-bail.

It was a tragic incident, no matter what the intentions were.

I'm sure the cops are rolling the scenario back-and-forth in their minds, and wishing they had just promptly put him in the car after cuffing him.

So the police officers made no attempts to place Floyd into their cruiser now? Any proof of that?

BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I don’t believe the officers killed the perp. I see three officers doing a reasonably professional job of restraining a violent perp until he can be transported to the hospital for evaluation. They pin the perp that way so perp can’t hurt themselves or the officers. The “I can’t breathe” means he can breathe fine. They had already called the ambulance to come get him and were obviously unaware he had died before the ambulance arrived. Probably called because he was suspected mentally ill and was violently resisting arrest. The officers only mistake was not paying close attention. In their defense they had no reason to suspect a guy who was just violently resisting was going to die in the ten minutes it took for the ambulance to arrive.
Why are so many campfire members buying the race baiting narrative ?
......................An autopsy will clarify cause of death, whether directly caused by the officer or caused by another under-lying pre-existing medical condition that flared up BECAUSE of the officer's actions.......Regardless. When a man's hands are behind his back and CUFFED and that man is laying face down on his stomach, that officer had NO justifiable reason to apply any downward pressure with his leg or knee into the neck for the purpose of controlling the suspect.....PERIOD!.....There are other ways and methods of control without applying pressure to the neck area when anyone is handcuffed, hands behind the back and laying on the ground face down.........Those 4 officers deserved to get fired and I hope that charges will be filed against them.

Their actions were totally uncalled for...

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Being able to talk does not necessarily mean you are getting enough air.

He wasn't singing Marching Through Georgia......

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Then again it might have been a case of excited delirium.

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Lol, he said violently resisting arrest...

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I will be surprised if the autopsy doesn't say he might have eaten some bad Chinese food for breakfast that day, maybe even cat liver and onions .

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by ribka
I don't think the officers wanted him to die, but he is dead, rather than sitting in a jail cell or out-on-bail.

I'm sure the cops are rolling the scenario back-and-forth in their minds, and wishing they had just promptly put him in the car after cuffing him.

So the police officers made no attempts to place Floyd into their cruiser now? Any proof of that?

The film.

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

But admittedly, I only saw what the MSM wanted me to see.

Bingo.

Yup!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The film.

You can prove a negative with edited video? Who knew?

Last edited by Sitka deer; 05/29/20. Reason: Added "edited"

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
People could debate what the exact perfect amount of force is under an infinite set of conditions. At the end of the day, he was in their custody, he went unconscious, they didn't notice, and they didn't render aid immediately. That was their mistake. The rest is speculation and opinion.

I have been through quite a bit of police training. None of it established kneeling on someone's neck as a way of holding a cuffed person in place until EMTs arrived. If the officer believed the threat was so great as to warrant that response, you wouldn't think the officer would feel comfortable with his hands in his pockets.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
There’s a video of the officers trying to put him in the cruiser and at the last moment he started to resist and the video cuts off. Floyd ended up pinned to the ground for good reason and the MSN is making sure you don’t see that.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don’t believe the officers killed the perp. I see three officers doing a reasonably professional job of restraining a violent perp until he can be transported to the hospital for evaluation. They pin the perp that way so perp can’t hurt themselves or the officers. The “I can’t breathe” means he can breathe fine. They had already called the ambulance to come get him and were obviously unaware he had died before the ambulance arrived. Probably called because he was suspected mentally ill and was violently resisting arrest. The officers only mistake was not paying close attention. In their defense they had no reason to suspect a guy who was just violently resisting was going to die in the ten minutes it took for the ambulance to arrive.

Moron, your bus is here.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by cooper57m

Moron, your bus is here.

That’s your reflection you are taking to...

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

The film.

The body cams? Do you have the entire film unedited from the time of the initial encounter ?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Racist cop?
Proof please. Proof...NOT unsupported prejudiced assumption.

As for the cause of death...let's wait for the autopsy and drug screening results. Death may be the result of something other than police actions.

If it really is a direct result of what the cops did, then they must be charged and prosecuted.
In other words, let's all be objective.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
I want to see what happened that caused the officers to go from walking the perp calmly to the car to face first with a knee on his neck.

Have a feeling we are missing a piece of the puzzle. On purpose.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The OP obviously is ignorant of the sleeper hold. Kneeling on the carotid artery is murder, plain and simple.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

The film.

The body cams? Do you have the entire film unedited from the time of the initial encounter ?

Nope, I don't have the entire film.
What I've got is a dead, cuffed-body, and can't understand how four (4) cops couldn't find-a-way to get him poked into the back of a car before he died.

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
There’s a video of the officers trying to put him in the cruiser and at the last moment he started to resist and the video cuts off. Floyd ended up pinned to the ground for good reason and the MSN is making sure you don’t see that.
.........If he resisted getting into the police cruiser, then pinning him to the ground was justified. I will grant ya that one....However! After the man was flat on his stomach, hands behind his back and cuffed, there was absolutely NO justification for that officer to apply downward pressure to the vulnerable neck area with his leg or knee. And do so for 6 to 8 minutes?? That officer could have applied limited pressure to his upper back, to his lower or mid back area or to his butt to maintain control............What that officer did goes against proper training and proper protocol. And that comes from all of the LEOs that I know which happen to be 27 of them.

So Daveinjax.....You can try and justify the officer's actions all you want and sincerely believe he was justified all you want. If that is the case, then you sir are not familiar with LEO training guidelines and proper policy protocols.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I don't buy all the "stop resisting" bs from cops who just want to beat on a subject. That said, I've been in on a few goat rodeos like that and violent resistance DOES call for violent methods to counter.

Perp handcuffed.

"Stop resisting!". Bam. (Head hitting pavement).

"Stop resisting!". Bam. (Head hitting curb).

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 71 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.