Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The new mayor of Boise is a left wing wack job. If she gets what she wants, Boise will become another San Francisco. Boise's mayoral elections are nonpartisan. The incumbent had been there for 4 terms but he was heavily pushing to spend 100 mill to build a new library. She appears to have defeated him soundly based on that.
BOISE MAYOR

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
In the old days the saying was, "Move West Young Man", now it's, "Move East California Liberal"!!! Or, actually move to Boise, one of the fastest growing cities in the west!

Dick

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I suppose that she is subject to recall, if she gets too out of hand.

I would also guess that she has to get funding through the City Council for any of her pet projects. Other than possibly directing the PD to refuse cooperation with INS.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's called demographics. The electorate slowly changes as people age and die off. People move in or out. Thousands of young people reach voting age every year. Meanwhile; most of the current electorate is telling themselves that "We'll never do that", and "It can't happen here!"....... Until one day they discover that they are outvoted. Already seen it happen in NY state, ( Not NYC), over the last 30-40-50 years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mayor Bieter was a decent guy for a while but IMO he was finally bought lock, stock and barrel by California developers. The downtown area is a forest of cranes as high rise buildings go up everywhere, That boondoggle of a library finally did him in.

Interesting how money works. I-84 exit 64 east of Boise is at Kuna-Mora road, a two lane highway that skirts south and west of Boise. It's still in the middle of nowhere, or as much of nowhere as you will still find close to Boise. But right now there is nothing there but cow pastures.

So - they started improving that freeway exit, big construction project to widen it or whatever they're doing. Hmmm, I wonder why? (he said innocently). Maybe, just maybe, it's because some effing developer or consortium of same influenced the state highway department to improve that beforehand so they could start putting subdivisions there. Most of the farmlands west of Boise have long since been turned into housing tracts so they're looking east.

Slick trick - get the citizens of Idaho, and the rest of the country since it's an interstate highway, to pay for improvements that increase the value of the land and open it up to development. It would be interesting to see if land around there changed hands anytime recently, as in before any plans for improvement were announced, and if any state politicians might be on the board of some land holding company(s) that may have bought it? Naaaahhh, that would never happen....

In other news, a couple weeks ago I was in the check out line at WinCo and an older guy (68 as he loudly told everyone) behind me was giving a lot of grief to a woman behind him for not wearing a mask. She was just minding her own business but he was ranting on and on about how it's not for you but to protect everybody else around you, then muttering stuff about "damn Republicans". I've seen the fleece vest wearing North End Democrats milling about hip coffee houses but this was the first time I'd ever seen an old liberal in person. He had that distinctive effete tone of voice that comes from decades of having dicks banging into the back of his throat...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ada County (Boise) voted Dem in the 2018 gubernatorial election 92K GOP, 94K Dem, Boise having a libatard mayor is no surprise

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But wait I was ALWAYS told this could NEVER happen in Idaho.

Before that it was this could NEVER happen in Colorado, then NEVER in Nevada. hell I remember all the way back to this could NEVER happen in Washington and Oregon.

As I've said for over 35 years "Coming Soon To A State Near You" That was back when Kommieefornia had a Repuke Governor.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Before that it was this could NEVER happen in Colorado, then NEVER in Nevada. hell I remember all the way back to this could NEVER happen in Washington and Oregon.

As I've said for over 35 years "Coming Soon To A State Near You" That was back when Kommieefornia had a Repuke Governor.

and what's the common denominator in all those places?
Caliotoian invasion

Conservative people from caliotoe bringing their liberal ideals.." we did it this way in CA?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

Caliotoian invasion

Yeah keep living that illusion.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Caliotoian invasion

Wrong..... people flocked here in the 70s and 80s from out of state.
If anything its people from other states that made this place the way it is.......

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Caliotoian invasion

Yeah keep living that illusion.

Truth hurts sometimes doesn't it

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fester

Caliotoian invasion

If anything its people from other states that made this place the way it is.......

Flocked there?
Like your gooberner?

laffin at the absurdity

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This summer i suspect the color of boundary county will take on a purple hue! Can't hardly find any in the construction bidness that aint working.
I hear outer mongolia is still nice.

Last edited by deerstalker; 05/29/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Interesting how money works. I-84 exit 64 east of Boise is at Kuna-Mora road, a two lane highway that skirts south and west of Boise. It's still in the middle of nowhere, or as much of nowhere as you will still find close to Boise. But right now there is nothing there but cow pastures.

So - they started improving that freeway exit, big construction project to widen it or whatever they're doing. Hmmm, I wonder why? (he said innocently). Maybe, just maybe, it's because some effing developer or consortium of same influenced the state highway department to improve that beforehand so they could start putting subdivisions there. Most of the farmlands west of Boise have long since been turned into housing tracts so they're looking east.

Slick trick - get the citizens of Idaho, and the rest of the country since it's an interstate highway, to pay for improvements that increase the value of the land and open it up to development. It would be interesting to see if land around there changed hands anytime recently, as in before any plans for improvement were announced, and if any state politicians might be on the board of some land holding company(s) that may have bought it? Naaaahhh, that would never happen...

In central Ohio, we call the "The Les Wexner Effect".

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Idaho had democratic governors from 1970 to 1990. Places like Idaho Falls with lots of coastal immigrants and union influence have historically leaned democrat.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

The 70s and 80s is when the displaced hordes of Californians started moving into this valley and totally fugging it up. I have been living beside them for fifty years.

People who tell me today, I remember when we came over the hill on I-80 (it was in those days) into Boise. We looked around and said "Wow, this is what Simi Valley looked like thirty, forty years ago".

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
wasn't defeated because of no library
defeated because of grand theft
he did promise to be conservative and not spend it all on himself
he thinks we should all just get along

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Dutch
Idaho had democratic governors from 1970 to 1990. Places like Idaho Falls with lots of coastal immigrants and union influence have historically leaned democrat.

And do not forget our most famous D. US Senator. There was even talk of a Presidential Campaign.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Caliotoian invasion

Flocked there?
Like your gooberner?

laffin at the absurdity

In all honesty, a lot of people have flocked into Cali, from across their SOUTHERN border. And at an open invitation from the state.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Mayor Bieter was a decent guy for a while but IMO he was finally bought lock, stock and barrel by California developers. The downtown area is a forest of cranes as high rise buildings go up everywhere, That boondoggle of a library finally did him in.

Slick trick - get the citizens of Idaho, and the rest of the country since it's an interstate highway, to pay for improvements that increase the value of the land and open it up to development. It would be interesting to see if land around there changed hands anytime recently, as in before any plans for improvement were announced, and if any state politicians might be on the board of some land holding company(s) that may have bought it? Naaaahhh, that would never happen....

In other news, a couple weeks ago I was in the check out line at WinCo and an older guy (68 as he loudly told everyone) behind me was giving a lot of grief to a woman behind him for not wearing a mask. She was just minding her own business but he was ranting on and on about how it's not for you but to protect everybody else around you, then muttering stuff about "damn Republicans". I've seen the fleece vest wearing North End Democrats milling about hip coffee houses but this was the first time I'd ever seen an old liberal in person. He had that distinctive effete tone of voice that comes from decades of having dicks banging into the back of his throat...

Bieter's father, Pat Bieter, was my math teacher and track coach in high school back in the early 60's. He was later a mayor of Boise and his son followed suit.

About that I-84 exit overhaut - my sister's BIL lives south of Nampa. He says that they've been doing some surveying and land acquisition in that area for the long range purpose of running an I-84 bypass south of Nampa to avoid Boise/Meridian/Nampa/Caldwell. If it happens, I'll never live to see it but it would be great to be able to avoid that traffic mess.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

417 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 48 invisible), 2,538 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,982
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.