Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I wonder how she even got through the confined pool dives ... , the instructor saved her bacon

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy crap. Panicked driver go pure primal fast.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember a moment of panic I had under water. I was doing a dive on a wreck at 125 feet and some water got into my air stream and went down my airway. I started coughing into my regulator and tried hard as hell to stay calm. The coughing became involuntary at one point. After about 20-30 seconds, I got my breathing under control. But I can tell you, it was pretty terrifying for a few moments.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've only recently been certified, and have about a half dozen dives. I've never seen anyone panic or had any issues so far.

John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's interesting is that her first instincts were to take her air source out of her mouth, take off her mask, and go deeper.

MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't really think she was in much danger once the instructor got to her and shoved the regulator in her mouth. They appeared to be at slightly more than 1 atmosphere (33 ft; which is common for Open Water certification dives), probably around 40-45. So, she wasn't going to get bent because she came up too fast. Got to hand it to the instructor. He did a good job there getting her up.

Had a girl diving with me once that blew her tank up too fast and just didn't want to surface. Had to buddy breathe her back up. No problem. She was calm. And smokin hot. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I figured out in 1997 at 90 feet I was.claustrophobic just as we were about to enter a.chimney in Belize to come out at 130 feet. Glad I figured it out before I was in there head down! Dive master saw this and.had me stay above to wait. Belize is lots of wall diving.so I had fun waiting for them and got to watch a.moray eel up close as well as a big barracuda.

The way life should be.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
She was not ready for her open water cert dive.
Good thing the instructor or dive master was close.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The most rewarding training I did was for my rescue diver certification. Having to think through and work through all the things that could get other people in trouble definitely made me much more aware of my own limitations and self rescue abilities. Luckily I had that training before I had the coughing fit at 125 feet. Not sure I would have stayed as calm.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Description says "15 meters".

Looks like Rabbit Island in the background which, for the Magnum, p.i. fans out there, is directly across from Robin's Nest.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Woodhits
Description says "15 meters".

If they hadn't been down long and it was the first dive of the day, she probably wouldn't have gotten bent darting to the surface. On the other hand, considering her other actions, she may have made the mistake of holding her breath on the way up and suffering a significant lung over expansion injury.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
What's interesting is that her first instincts were to take her air source out of her mouth, take off her mask, and go deeper.

It looked she was fighting the instructor putting her mouth piece back in. She had negative buoyancy and was sinking, I think that's what scared her and caused her to panic. If someone would have inflated her vest a bit she probably would have been fine. But someone who panics that easy probably doesn't belong in the water anyway.

I'm thinking of taking my advanced next, they have just a deep water but the advanced gets you more training. It's not easy in the middle of Montana though laugh .

John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That girl needs to stay out of the water period.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Difference between a calm diver and a panicked diver, about a tablespoon of water!

Had a girl panic during mask removal, reinstall and clear. Dive instructor took her up calmed her down, brought her back to 25 feet she did it perfectly, we gave her an underwater ovation.

Mike

Last edited by ready_on_the_right; 05/29/20.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've never dived so I don't know what it's like but I know for a certainty that you won't get me in an underwater cave.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I imagine that is how everyone acts in the moments before they drown, regardless of the circumstances. It is a realization you are going to die in mere seconds.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Woodhits
. . . Looks like Rabbit Island in the background which, for the Magnum, p.i. fans out there, is directly across from Robin's Nest.

Is Magnum PI that show where that guy drove around in Hawaii in that gray Ferrari?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've never dived so I don't know what it's like but I know for a certainty that you won't get me in an underwater cave.

Cave diving is another level. Those guys basically have their own community. I think it will be a while before I am ready for that myself.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

My first dive after certs was some caves off Lanai, they were pretty short for the most part. You learn really quick to control your buoyancy or get scraped up, those rocks are fuggin sharp. My main reason for diving is hanging with the fish on tropical reef's, the rest is not super interesting to me. Swimming with schools of colorful fish, turtles, whales and dolphins is pretty neat.

John Wayne
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
There's a bunch of places off Highland Beach where you'd take your tank off to go through the crevices so you could get to the lobsters. I believe scuba diving contributed to the COPD problems I have now.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,109
Posts18,464,293
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.