Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Should be pretty easy to mount a solid defense.

The problem will be finding 12 people in that state that don't have Down Syndrome.

+1

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
It would be interesting to see a picture of the dead mans heart.

He had not one, but two forms of heart disease.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I posited that question earlier. What if the autopsy shows no signs of trauma or any issues with the neck/pressure and that drugs contributed to the death? Does anyone here know how much pressure the officer was exerting on the subject's neck.

Ask 700H and Kingston. They're both self described experts now. They think toxicology reports are not evidence and therefore not necessary to convict

The report I just read above indicates no trauma, injuries to the neck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The guy went unconscious when in their control, they didn't render medical care when it happened, he ended up dead. It's negligent homicide.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I keep hearing about how the medics put the deceased on a gurney and transported him. I have heard nothing about if and when the medics checked for a pulse.
As an old medic I would like to see the video of this.

When medics arrive they should immediately check for pulse. If no pulse they need to start working the code right there on the street. Time to get the monitor on the guy and if need be defibrillate immediately. Plus get him on Oxygen, and perform endotracheal intubation etc. I have worked many codes right in the street just like that.
If there was a hostile black crowd, you certainly had plenty of cops there to hold them at bay.
We don't know how many minutes it was from the instant his heart stopped beating, until the medics began to work him, but if it was less than 4 minutes, the medics quite possibly could have saved his life right there on the street.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MAC
There is a typo on that arrest warrant. In the fourth paragraph in the statement of probable cause they use the name Lloyd instead of Floyd twice. A sharp lawyer is going to make an issue out of that.

Scrivener's error

Last edited by ready_on_the_right; 05/29/20.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The fact that the medical examiner speculated with the line about other intoxicants tells me that the examiner sees plenty of signs the perp was high AF and probably OD’ed. Claimed he was claustrophobic but they just pulled him from a car... guessing he saw the cops coming and knew he was going to be arrested for the counterfeit $20 and didn’t want to be caught with whatever he had on him so swallowed it. Couple minutes later he can’t breathe because his heart is quitting from the drugs and struggling with the police. I didn’t see any depraved mind on the part of the police. I just see three cops doing a reasonably professional job of restraining a resisting perp who was endangering himself and the police. They weren’t beating him or slamming him around. They pinned him down to immobilize him so he couldn’t hurt himself or anyone else.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
The guy went unconscious when in their control, they didn't render medical care when it happened, he ended up dead. It's negligent homicide.

The ambulance was en-route.

Not all departments/agencies require a cops to have a CPR cert.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

8:25:31 the video appears to show Mr. Floyd ceasing to breathe or speak. Lane said, “want to roll him on his side.” Kueng checked Mr. Floyd’s right wrist for a pulse and said, “I couldn’t find one.” None of the officers moved from their positions.

At 8:27:24, the defendant removed his knee from Mr. Floyd’s neck. An ambulance and emergency medical personnel arrived, the officers placed Mr. Floyd on a gurney, and the ambulance left the scene. Mr. Floyd was pronounced dead at Hennepin County Medical Center.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner (ME) conducted Mr. Floyd’s autopsy on May 26, 2020. The full report of the ME is pending but the ME has made the following preliminary findings. The autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation. Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.

Bingo. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The fact that the medical examiner speculated with the line about other intoxicants tells me that the examiner sees plenty of signs the perp was high AF and probably OD’ed. Claimed he was claustrophobic but they just pulled him from a car... guessing he saw the cops coming and knew he was going to be arrested for the counterfeit $20 and didn’t want to be caught with whatever he had on him so swallowed it. Couple minutes later he can’t breathe because his heart is quitting from the drugs and struggling with the police. I didn’t see any depraved mind on the part of the police. I just see three cops doing a reasonably professional job of restraining a resisting perp who was endangering himself and the police. They weren’t beating him or slamming him around. They pinned him down to immobilize him so he couldn’t hurt himself or anyone else.
lmao

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

The problem will be finding 12 people in that state that don't have Down Syndrome.

This is the only real danger for the officers.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

+1

After just that one paragraph of the autopsy, I don't see a clear path to conviction.
Beyond a reasonable doubt is a high standard.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
I posited that question earlier. What if the autopsy shows no signs of trauma or any issues with the neck/pressure and that drugs contributed to the death? Does anyone here know how much pressure the officer was exerting on the subject's neck.

Ask 700H and Kingston. They're both self described experts now. They think toxicology reports are not evidence and therefore not necessary to convict

It certainly can make murder difficult to stick.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Black community will not be amused by the autopsy.

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone

They will be really pissed off when all 4 are acquitted.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Tyrone

They will be really pissed off when all 4 are acquitted.
I guess we better prepare for them to be pissed!

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tarquin
What is Minnesota law on causation? Is it "but for" or "substantial factor"/ Anyone know? The autopsy does not appear to bear out that cause of death had anything to do with the knee in the neck.

Well, the optics are certainly horrible, but to prove murder don't you to prove that the defendant's act(s) caused the death? Since the arrestee had serious pre-existing medical conditions, what role did the acts of the officer play in his death and what is the legal rule in Minnesota on causation??

Tarquin
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ribka

It certainly can make murder difficult to stick.

And that kneeling on a subject's neck upper back area is taught in police training noted by the Hennepin ADA charging attorney. Looking in the charging Doc

Last edited by ribka; 05/29/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The officers can certainly argue that they were immobilizing the perp to prevent him from hurting himself or others. They were protecting him. Medical transportation had already been called. They’re not medical professionals so not qualified to accurately diagnose and treat the perp. He died from unknown medical conditions and very likely drugs. It was chaotic in the street and were distracted by the hostile crowd gathered. There’s no way the charges can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to an objective jury. 12 retards on the other hand might convict a ham sandwich of murder.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
What is Minnesota law on causation? Is it "but for" or "substantial factor"/ Anyone know? The autopsy does not appear to bear out that cause of death had anything to do with the knee in the neck.

Well, the optics are certainly horrible, but to prove murder don't you to prove that the defendant's act(s) caused the death? Since the arrestee had serious pre-existing medical conditions, what role did the acts of the officer play in his death and what is the legal rule in Minnesota on causation??

What role will the pending toxicology report have if it indicates use drugs that can lead to heart attacks especially those with pre existing heart conditions and high BP?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 257man, 57 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,643
Posts18,455,374
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.