Print Thread
Hop To
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/05/white-house-shows-twitter-didnt-censor-jihadist-tweet/

Following Twitter’s fact-checking and censorship of President Donald Trump’s recent tweets, the White House released its own tweet questioning why Twitter has not censored or fact-checked tweets by dictators advocating terrorism.

The White House included a screenshot of a tweet by Iran’s Ayatollah Ali Khamenei – the highest authority in Iran – who tweeted, “The struggle to free Palestine is Jihad in the way of God. Victory in such a struggle has been guaranteed, because the person, even if killed, will receive ‘one of the two excellent things.’ Also, crimes against Palestine trouble any human’s conscience & inspire opposition.”
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Khamenei’s tweet was part of an extensive 25-part series of tweets he made on May 22, including one that called Israel “a deadly, cancerous growth and a detriment to this region. It will undoubtedly be uprooted and destroyed.”

Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai also tweeted out a screenshot of four of Khamenei’s tweets and said, “Serious question for Twitter: Do these tweets from Supreme Leader of Iran @khamenei_ir violate ‘Twitter Rules about glorifying violence’?”
Early Friday morning, Twitter censored another of Trump’s tweets – this time one vowing to send in the military to support Minneapolis, Minn. as protesters continue violence and destruction in reaction to the death of George Floyd.

“I can’t stand back & watch this happen to a great American City, Minneapolis. A total lack of leadership. Either the very weak Radical Left Mayor, Jacob Frey, get his act together and bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right,” Trump tweeted early Friday morning.

“These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!” Trump added.

Trump’s tweets vowing to send in the military to Minneapolis on May 29, 2020 were censored by Twitter as “glorifying violence.” (Donald J. Trump/Twitter)

Twitter censored Trump’s second tweet – concealing its contents behind a disclaimer and deactivating the like, comment, and retweet features – and included a label saying, “This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible.”

The White House also responded to Twitter’s censorship of the tweet, saying, “The President did not glorify violence. He clearly condemned it. Jack [Dorsey, Twitter’s CEO] and Twitter’s biased, bad-faith “fact-checkers” have made it clear: Twitter is a publisher, not a platform.

Last edited by Lennie; 05/29/20.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trump needs to take down both Twitter & Facebook 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

He's going to unleash an army devoted to calling them on their bias.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
"when the looting starts, the shooting starts"

nice shirt slogan material

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

He's going to unleash an army devoted to calling them on their bias.

I hope so. Ought to break up CNN and the MSNBC while he’s at it.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by rem141r
"when the looting starts, the shooting starts"

nice shirt slogan material

I would buy one.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,870
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.