Print Thread
Hop To
G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I wen't pretty fast for a street car. Got it down to 11 teens with a small block, no bottle.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Got bit by the bug & had to faster, 9.90's w/same small block,a 406, but 700 pounds lighter. No time to tune the radio with this one.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
When we gonna see ya on "street outlaws" Lol

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A quarter mile needs four turns and a dirt surface before it can be called a race track! A moderately intelligent primate can stab a throttle and steer a straight line!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
A lotta talent and know-how needed, BITD, ta make em go fast.

Now, it's all computer programming, which is still talent and know-how.

Just pointed in a different direction.

#$%^&*, I hated carburetors.

Next, it'll be electrical engineering, short of methane.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I ran my 69 dart in the 9.90 bracket.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
A quarter mile needs four turns and a dirt surface before it can be called a race track! A moderately intelligent primate can stab a throttle and steer a straight line!

Proud NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Dirt's for racing,asphalts for getting there.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Run an index car for awhile and let me see you hold your times to .001 of a second because that's what it takes to win.

Get back to us

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Nice! I used to run Super Pro. The roundy rounders will give you a blank stare when you tell them you had an 01 light and ran your number with a 2. Huhhhh! LOL. Where do you run?

A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
“If you ain’t got dirt in your beer, you’re not at a real racetrack!” grin
So said a bumper sticker on my Córdoba Street Stock...
I’ve played around at both dirt track and 1/4 mile, and both are great fun, and greatly expense. “The best way to make a little money at racing, is to start with a lot of it!”
Since I’m poor by birth, and no longer have the support of an auto salvage, I had to give up on my dreams of being Don Garlits or Richard Petty.
I always had a soft spot for pony cars, a friend of mine had a ‘68 RS/SS, burgundy w/ black stripes. Beautiful car, even for a Chevy.
Nice Camaro!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
7mm,
You ever run at the Pleasantville Drags? wink

By the time i was old enough to get there, they pretty much quit.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One buddy didn’t know what to get my daughter for her birthday one year.
509 Chevy in a Healey. Lencos
9:00 at 153 39 years ago.
Just launched her a couple of times. Not a full pass
They started the car and he looked at her and said “get in” she looked behind her to see who he was talking to.
It was perfect.
“Everything got big real quick” kid loved it.
She was 9
Raced at Lions in SoCal

Last edited by 257_X_50; 05/30/20.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Yea, I'd like to see you grab hold of my drag boat and just stab it for the 1st time. I'll let you do it too, I just need a healthy deposit.

2000 plus HP in a 400 lb bare boat, for 1000' feet, will get your attention.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It's clearly ovious when a person hasn't seen the 11,000 horsepower nitromethane burning nightmares that run 330 mph in the NHRA drag racing series.

"Yeah, who couldnt do that?"....🤣
They'd schidtt their pants
Even Nascar and Indy car drivers cower in fear.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella

Hit V-rotate but forgot his wings....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
7mm,
You ever run at the Pleasantville Drags? wink

By the time i was old enough to get there, they pretty much quit.

You mean the P-ville Summer Nationals? Yeah, that’s only a mile from my homestead.
I guess you could say I was a regular. I missed the heyday by a couple years. In the late ‘70s they had an actual Christmas Tree and remote timers, and some guys with serious racecars trailered in. By the time I was old enough, the timers were gone, and the tree was in somebody’s shop. (I know where it was)
We still raced, but trailer racecars had become a rare thing. I’ve put on slicks and uncapped headers in Fleegle’s parking lot, though. And we still had T-shirts and bumper stickers! grin
But by then the cops were watching it pretty hard. One night they parked a camper full of undercover cops in the quicky parking lot and took pictures of license plates. I think 8 guys lost their license and got $1000 fines. I was flagging, which was the same as driving, but I’d left by the time the bust were made. Nobody ratted me out, so I dodged a bullet.
Dad always worried about that big block in my Monte Carlo. He warned me that if he found out I was racing, he’d pull that hammer and put in a 305... Everybody knew Dad, so I was careful about racing there. I raised a little hell and burnt some tires, but I only lined it up a couple of times. One night some loudmouth in a late ‘70s Camarillo thought he had something. I got goaded into dusting him twice, and maybe a couple other times, but I was a good boy for the most part.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Waiting for Gunner to pipe up...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tom Fleegle owned the gas station (Boron then Mobile) there. I know Tom pretty well. I crewed on his son’s crew for dirt after I quit racing.
He told me back in the day that he slept better knowing we were out there. He said nobody’s gonna steal anything with the crowd around, and we cleaned up after ourselves and kept the property safe. One night one of the locals (he was drunk) set there and burned the tires, making holes in the parking lot. Someone told Tom who it was, and “Redhead” had to patch the holes! blush No charges, no trouble.
But after I’d left for the service, some idiot threw a couple beer bottles through the plastic signs and broke a window or two. Tom was forced to put up No Trespassing signs, and with what had served as “the pits” off limits, the cops had the power to clamp down and kill the races.
You must be a few years younger than me. The vandalism went down about 1986 while a was I was in the Army. Until I got home in ‘89, the Summer Nationals were a thing of the past.
7mm

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

LMFAO.....😂😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 53 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,929
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.